Has Anyone Played the BF:BC Demo?

Guest Live2Reap

Guest Stealthknight

I wasn't impressed at all. I got on and for 10 minutes my hummer was sliding sideways, My guy could barely run do to lag, and It just wasn't a smooth playing experience.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got hooked on it.

It was a little awkward at first and I turned it off. But then I gave it another try. And I was up til 3am. There's a learning curve. Or getting used to a New game curve.

I saw one guy lay a trap on one of the bridges for a tank. When the tank rolled on the bridge the guy blew a hole in the bridge which cause the tank to fall into the river.

It like a War. Where COD is a battle.

I do think COD is better but nothing is wrong with BC.

Guest M16Assassin

Obviously there will be some lag it is a demo for christ's sake. But this game has the ability to become the most tactical game ever. Marauders example is perfect. If I'm not sniping I grab the stealth kit or whatever it is because it has a tracer gun. With that I can shoot enemy tanks and allow my teammates to see them on radar.

Here's one strategy I found fun.

You have to soften the defense areas. So you roll in with the tanks and what ever else. And Pound the hell out of the area. I mean blast everything. It's fun when you get guys working together. And you have the Artillery also pounding the defense area. Then after you gave it a good beating then someone goes for the crates.

On defense you just can't let that happen.

Then one Game you have several different styles of play. From desert to urban street fighting.

And did anyone pay attention to the weapons upgrades your going to have. There was tons of shit.

Guest M16Assassin

yep and you can buy guns and items. I bought health and an M16. Just you guys know those of us playing it right now will have a leg up on you guys when the real game comes out. We have already leveled up a few spots and our stats have been recorded.

• Directors

interesting game- The worst, most utterly broken servers I have ever been on

I like the game. Its definately not Socom or COD where you have people who just see someone and dont let go of the trigger. In this, to shoot at a distance you gotta burst fire to kill people which is totally realistic. I've had no lag while playing and my connection isn't the greatest. Playing in a pubby room, you would figure noone would follow the objective and just run around for kills. Well in the rooms ive played it people are playing the attack and defend the way its supposed to played, with teamwork.

Theres one thing I know, that wars would be EPIC on this game. With all the vehicles, ability to repair vehicles, huge maps, it will take a REAL TEAM EFFORT to win . Isn't that what we all play for here at UF?

Guest Live2Reap
Nino_Nemasis ]

Theres one thing I know, that wars would be EPIC on this game. With all the vehicles, ability to repair vehicles, huge maps, it will take a REAL TEAM EFFORT to win . Isn't that what we all play for here at UF?

I completely agree with you

P.S. like 12 of our clanmates got on the game 2night it was A BLAST!!!!!!!!! I have neever had so much fun in a demo EVER lol I had like 730 points in one game 30+ kills it was great lol and lag free though the mic's did drop after the 3rd game

P.P.S I dont know why you guys say it lags I have not seen any lag on the demo in all of the 12 hours of playing time I have I think you guys must just have really bad connections

It always sounds enticing to potentially move to a new shooter when people start praising one (though on this thread, there's about an equal amount of positive and negative reviews), but I have always been a one-shooter player, not a player that can go between 2-3 different military shooters.

Just the type of person I am.

There may be some APCers who may try this, but as for the possibility of moving a whole clan there, we will probably take a pass. I think CoD4 will satisfy the gaming blood lust enough for us until Confrontation comes out later this year. Looking too much towards that to even think about another military shooter. And CoD4 is doing a good job in satisfying the craving.

I do, however, want to check out the demo that I downloaded last night for BF.

Guest Live2Reap

yeah thats cool TOW I never thought it would completely take the place of COD it would just be a well needed tide over for Confrontation(and much needed practice tactics wise)

just make sure you make a party when you get on it TOW ;D and bring some friends(4 to a party)

the in that game though teamwork is a MUST you will not win with 1 or 2 ppl doing all the work and everyone else lagging behind thats why its always been a hard game to play by yourself

I love this dam game ;D I can't wait I do admit it does take a clip to kill someone but I mean come on guys lets admit we are a bit spoiled from COD becuz I kno for sure the BF on PS2 was the same way and the lag come on fellas its a demo but thats jus my opinion loved the ps2 version and can't wait for the ps3 version to come out

Finally got to play it last night for a couple hours and I really enjoyed it. The gameplay was very fun and fluid, although the mic communication is not up to par (That's to be expected in a beta stage release). The only thing is that vehicles reign supreme and it is not to your benefit to run afoot without cover nearby.

What it comes down to for me is the fact that when I play games, I want to play with the clan and in tourneys. This game comes at a bad time because Riot Act is running and the next UF tourney will be COD4 as well. Also, SOCOM isnt that far away, so I really don't see how this game would fit into it all. I'm sure a few SHO's will buy it, but not enough for the game to get sanctioned. This game is fun, but not good enough to snuff COD in the time that we have until SOCOM.

Played the short demo for at least four hours, easy with aim asist, without aim ass.. on hard with hints and aim assist.. hard without aim and hints.. etc..

Pro's -

the graphics are amazing.. it's nice to see a game where the background is there always and in detail for a lot of games the background tends to be pixalated until you move toward it and then it fills in the details.. not so with this game.

A wide array of weapons some cool some not but it's fun to use modern weapons in a shooter game.

No having to tell your AI's what to do.. they simply follow you, take up good positions and help out without having to direct them.

Single play rocks, it was fun and entertaining a good challenge on hardest difficulty and no aim assist. I wouldn't play it any other way now that I've tried it, way too easy on easy.

Cons- online was horrendous, maybe it's the EA servers? maybe it's the large map? whatever? again the lobby sucks (there isn't one!) I don't want to play with idiots I don't know! and I felt like I was playing on a IBM 33mhz 2mb ram server.. really bad!

First person view.. don't get me wrong sometimes I like it but not when it's always first person.. I feel like I have blinders on.. no peripheral view! I find myself constantly swinging left to right to check my six only to be shoot by someone right in front of me because I was busy having my head on a swivel.

Conclusion.. I'll buy it and hope the single play is long enough to get more than a few hours of play in.. as for online, there needs to be a vast amount of improvement before I care to play online. It's a shame this game's graphics rock and I do enjoy the game play but it seems large map online gaming requires a greater investment from the developers for servers that can handle it. That and a ban on sub par connections from players.. It wouldn't bother me if a game came out that required a minimum ping rate to play.. Your connection isn't good enough you don't get to play! Sorry, but I'm tired of being penalized for having a good connection.

Oh and sorry, I got typing a review and totally forgot why I was reading this thread and meant to post! LOL.

it's about the charging for weapons stupidity EA was going to try seems they backtracked a bit!

""We are not charging for any guns that are out there," said Troedsson. "We read the forums, we read all of the articles and listening to the storm that is out there, we're not going to charge for any of those guns." According to Troedsson, the five weapons that were originally going to be charged for in the regular edition of the game will instead be unlocked once players reach level 25 (the cap) in the game. Those who purchase the Gold Edition (which as usual will cost an extra $10) will as a bonus have those five weapons unlocked from the start."

hmm they listen to chat forums?? well that's good but how come nobody seems to hear the "we don't want to play with pinheads we don't know!!" complaint?