$2.99 for an invite to the Open Beta for Confrontation

On Thursday a digital magazine comes out on the psn store called Qore. For $2.99 you can buy it and it is included with an invitation to the Confrontation Open Beta.

"The first issue of Qore, which will be released this Thursday, comes packed with exclusive content for games such as SOCOM Confrontation (including an invitation to the beta), Secret Agent Clank and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Qore is available on the PlayStation Store for a one-off payment of $2.99 per issue, or for a yearly subscription fee of $24.99 for 13 issues. Check out the video above to see Qore in action. If you want more info, be sure to check out the PlayStation Blog post. We're looking forward to checking it out this Thursday."

By buying the mag, is this a GUARANTEED invite to the Beta testing, or just an entry into some sort of lottery or random pick? I haven't read the article, but the question popped into my head. It's hard to believe that they would/could potentially allow hundreds of thousands of salivating SOCOM addicts a guaranteed spot for beta testing.

Undertow ]

By buying the mag, is this a GUARANTEED invite to the Beta testing, or just an entry into some sort of lottery or random pick? I haven't read the article, but the question popped into my head. It's hard to believe that they would/could potentially allow hundreds of thousands of salivating SOCOM addicts a guaranteed spot for beta testing.

Yeah, good point.

Undertow ]

From what I understand its a guaranteed spot in the open Beta(it says it comes with an invitation). And the open beta is just to stress test the servers and stuff like that, while the closed beta which a lot of people here signed up for on the playstation forums, is to look for glitches and give feeback etc.

-.Sal.- ]

hmm the socom blog also said to be giving beta invites when you pre-order the game, so ima pre order the game better.

I haven't been able to find somewhere taking pre-orders. I went to Gamestop a couple of weeks ago, and they told me there isn't a hard date for SOCOM: Confrontation. Without a hard definite date, they can't take pre-oders. Unless something has changed that I don't know about.

Undertow ]

They did that with MGS4. Which reminds me, I have to move that 5 bucks to something else.

ok i got some new info on this thing, i was reading the comments in the socom blog, David “Point Man†Brothers reply that the people that get the june Qore will give acces to the plubic beta 2 weeks after its launched, the only way to get into ealier is by Pre-Ordering the game. O just thought id Share this with you to not get anyone confused.

P.S: I'm not trying to be a posting whore :P lol.

IrshZ28 ]

Undertow ]

They did that with MGS4. Which reminds me, I have to move that 5 bucks to something else.

Beat me to it Irsh. All the MGS4 addicts preordered so they could get the public beta and a lot of games are starting to do this. I too need to move my $5 from the preorder to something else lol.

Guest Live2Reap
-.Sal.- ]

ok i got some new info on this thing, i was reading the comments in the socom blog, David Point Man Brothers reply that the people that get the june Qore will give acces to the plubic beta 2 weeks after its launched, the only way to get into ealier is by Pre-Ordering the game. O just thought id Share this with you to not get anyone confused.

P.S: I'm not trying to be a posting whore :P lol.

thanks thats good 2 know ;D im buyin the mag when I get home friday