Socom Fantasy Club League??

sounds good man, also appears you put a lot of time into this idea, but i have a question. why the "signing players" part?

other thing is, i like the idea of keeping the clan tag, but i think in order to show what "clan" they're in, they could have like uniformed sigs or something like that....

Guest M16Assassin

What would be the point behind the money? I could hire my whole team for $1 a piece and then have $999,990 left.

I think it would be cool if you had to purchase weapons for use in game too. Like $10,000 for everyone to have an M16,etc

Yea you could def do a sig for what club team you play for. That would be cool for everyone to have.

I think money makes it more fantasy sport for the players and gives them things to shoot for. Like highest paid in the league, career money list and all types of stuff. Could make free agency a hell of alot of fun too. You would def have to set a league minimum for the players too so you couldnt low ball them. Players might set up a union lol.

I def like that idea for weapon prices too. The owner of the team would have to reserve money to buy weapons for his team to use. You could even build "stadiums" that have pros and cons to them. Say the home field advantage of the stadium is that the away team cant use snipers....

Guest M16Assassin

The stadium idea would be cool but again what makes the players want to get more money? I personally would rather sign to a team for as low as possible and get as many weapons as we can. Why would I want to sign for a ton of money?

I hear ya but their are def people who are going to want to be the highest paid, even if its play money. Human nature and competetion can be funny that way. You are def a team player who would sign for a low price for the good of the club. Youll be a nice compliment to that pre madonna superstar whos gunna want those millions lol.

Think of this too....Demand gets to the point where we dont have the roster space to support all the players?? Might need a rookie league lol.

Free agent pools, league leaders, trading block, trade rumors, winter meetings.....endless

i think the money idea for players is a little out there, but "stadium" could mean a LOT, like each team gets 100 million, 25 goes into their own map, another 15 goes into map mode, and 50 goes into rules on it. like, i paid 85 million for retaliation demo, seals, no boom, and the other team cant use snipers. know what i mean?

Yea I def know what you mean. The prices might need to be lower in order to expand the ideas further....its like madden franchise mode or MLB franchise. Say demo is 2.5 million while suppression is 2 million and breach is 3 million. The details can be ironed out.....but say for half the season you werent feeling demo and wanted to switch. The owner will have to take 2 million out to update his stadium. The numbers are meaningless at this point until a group can sit down and figure out the proper proportions that will make everything fit well.

yeah, absolutely, like control seals anchorage would be your ENTIRE budget b/c that's an easy win. seals on killing fields suppression would a lower amount b/c that's an equal map. i'd be more than willing to help with constructing this with you if you like, but i think it's a good overall idea to have this for the socom players who want to shake it up..

i THINK IT IS A INTERESTING IDEA. I FOR ONE WOULD PARTICIPATE. I THINK IT WOULD BE COOL AS HELL. SOUNDS VERY COMPLICATED FOR THE TIME BEING. I THINK IF YOU MANAGED TO WORK OUT ALL DETAILS AND PRESENT IT IN THE PROPER MANNOR, SKY'S THE LIMIT. SO.....YES, IT COULD BE DONE, VERY REALISTICLY POSSIBLE. SOUNDS EXCITING. I SAY GO FOR IT, WISH I COULD HELP, NOT VERY KNOWLEDGABLE IN THE FANTASY GAMEING OR LEAGUE THING. I WOULD DEFINATELY GET INTO THIS THOUGH. I'LL BE SURE TO KEEP AN EYE AND AN EAR OPEN ON THE PROGRESS. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THIS HAPPEN. MESG. ME IF YOU THINK I COULD HELP IN ANY WAY, JUST THOUGHT I'D THROW THE OFFER OUT THERE.

If this if for Combined Assault im down. Im not sure about the money part. But yeah what about like 16 teams of 5. 80 players. I would also love to see a map pack tournament with the free 11 maps. Ive been itching for a Socom war but my clan is mia till Confrontation and any kind of fantasy draft for combined assualt would be awesome.

But whatever if anything is done im down!

P.S. My idea is kind of out there I know 80 players! lol

Im def going to start working on some things seeing we have some interest here. I dont think we would be able to do this for Combined Assault because the numbers would be low and I would rather not rush it out there although we could prolly do something for CA too. I will be working on everything further in regards to gettin all the ideas on paper. I will put posts up here keepin everyone updated. Whoever wants to work on some things and ideas that they think would be fun please go ahead and post em up. I really wanna make this something exotic and out of this world because it wouldnt be UF material if it wasnt.

J-Rite187 ]

damn shadow, wow lol idk even know what to say. you have the ideas, you have support from UF forum-goers, where does the staff stand on this?

One, I will say that the idea has potential, though coming up with the idea on paper and then implementing it is something completely different. Good luck on it, though.

As for what we think:

1: I'm sorry, but I had to delete everything that was written up top there in regards to the tourney itself. The idea is getting organized to the point where it is forming up to be a tournament idea that's being posted/pimped/advertised about on the Urgent Fury forum. We have a posted rule about that. A member of the UF community PMed me earlier this week in regards to posting up a mini-tourney they wanted to do with those who aren't playing in Riot Act right now....and the thing is, it's not a UF tourney. Anything that detracts from the tourneys going on here, though not necessarily "competitors," per se, are still "tournaments" that are using the boards for Urgent Fury for drafting and advertising purposes....and that's something we don't allow.

2: As for my thoughts on the actual TOURNEY itself...like I said, it's a cool idea. However, I can see a lot of cracks in it that would make for some problems down the road. Thing is, when you're in a CLAN, you have something to lose for non-participation, let's say. You have your clan tag to lose. Many, if not most of the players here are quite emotionally attached to the clan they belong to. Uniformity. Familiarity. They worked hard to get in through their tryout that there is now something to LOSE if they lose sight of not competing for their clan.

Now take this league, for instance. With a bunch of people who aren't joining an actual clan, but rather, just some random gaming group that will slip in wars in between their OWN clan's scheduled wars with Urgent Fury (or any OTHER tournament sites that your clan may be involved in other than UF or while you're in UF), this draft league will soon start to eat away at focus or time of a player involved in the drafted league when the player may be needed by his own clan for the "clan-based tourneys." You now may have drafted players, but what MAKES them show up for your scheduled season wars? Fake money? I mean, I know some people will get their rocks off on being the highest-fake-paid player in, say, this community.....we know this because there are people here who actually pay attention to their rank in these games.....but in the end, it's just some figment salary that sooner or later, the player will not care about. Owners will get uptight that someone they spent "money" on won't or can't play, drafted team mates will start to think this player left them high and dry and emotions start running wild....and before you know it, this may start to cause rifts down the line between friendly clans or friendly players. Just my 2-cents in looking at the POSSIBILITIES. Not what I think will ACTUALLY happen, but a potential outcome of what COULD happen.

I think the idea bears SOME merit, Shadowboxin, as I see you're putting it together with some structure. But you also need to know who you're catering to. I think this idea would be excellent as its own vehicle, set apart from others, with its own website and what not, and run by you. But again, that brings this all back to this being a tourney that cannot be advertised here. BUT, you should also realize that there would be some leaders here that would not appreciate a loner-based tourney out there that could detract their gunners' attention from their own clan activities. Your tourney would almost be ideal for those who don't WANT to be a part of a clan on ANY game (though in a sense, for a lone gunner, his drafted team would end up being his clan in one way or another), but to be set as a service for those players who ARE in a clan....well, I just see some people liking it, and then some people really NOT liking that their gunner is liking it. See what I'm saying?

As someone who runs a tourney here, I would urge you to look further into this and flesh it out. Not just the "cool" stuff in there, but also the negatives....because you need to work around those negatives. I've given you some of the potential negatives above. There are probably more. But fine tune the positives and the negatives.....get ready to present it through avenues that allow you to advertise such a thing....and then, finally, get ready to lose a LOT of your life's time running it. I speak from experience here, Shadow. :'( Running a tourney isn't just about presenting a cool idea and letting it run on its own. Day to day problems, questions, squabbles, tinkering, technical missteps, more problems, naysayers and simply those that would just like to make your life a living hell. Again, I speak from experience here, Shadow. LOL

I hope you don't take the deleting of the posts negatively. We're not trying to snuff you out, per se. Like I said above, I think the idea has some merit and you should look into it. Our mentality here is just that UF never advertised on other tourney sites...we built this slowly but honestly on our own work and with the help of word-of-mouth from those clans who really liked what we were doing here. We just think that others should do the same as well.

If you decide to do something like this, good luck with it.

And again, presenting a tourney to the populace necessitates you taking EVERY available inch of your time in making sure you know how to approach all the positives and negatives that this particular TYPE of tourney may present. Unlike UF, which is very clan friendly and motivates and pushes solid team/clan effort and activity, this fantasy draft league type of thing promotes solidarity. You'll have a "team," but a team comprised of a bunch of people who are "paid" differently, from different clans and, also, who are taking time away from their "primary family" to go play in someone else's because they have pixelated fantasy bucks. There's the potential for some discomfort.

Just give everything I've said some thought.

And again.....good luck with anything you decide to move forward with.

HOLY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The potential is there ! As I was reading this, I was visualizing EVERYTHING !! I believe a WHOLE NEW website supporting only this is a MUST HAVE. This CAN be done. You would need proffessional support for a website. Maybe OWNERS could fork over some fundage or donations to further the cause. I know I would LOVE to be an owner, I cant get on to play enough, but I am on my computer enough to monitor the everyday workings and responsabilities. I would think I could donate a $100.00 towards the cause. Might need to be an annuall fee so to speak.

One VERY important aspect WE ALL should consider "WHERE DOES U.F. COME INTO PLAY IN ALL THIS" ? We are actually tetaring on a very thin line here, I think, according to U.F. FORUM RULES, and RESPECT. You HAVE TO get with UNDERTOW on this matter. I'm sure as days go by and he see's more response from this POST, an eyebrow will be lifted. We CAN NOT STEP on his and SNIPERS tow's ( ;D) on this.

Hell YA MAN.....I got goose bumps thinking of the potential here !!!!

UH OH, I'm posting this a bit to late, TOW came in and posted as I was typen. I knew we were in trouble !

Undertow,

I would like to apologize if I sent the wrong idea across with my postings and my ideas. I was gauging the interest in this idea from the forum-goers in the attempts to see if their would be a demand. I was only doing so to see if the idea was something worth bringing to the UF staff and to Urgent Fury. I had no intentions of advertising a seperate league as I would not want to step on any toes. I was ultimately hoping that if this idea took off, it would just be another thing offered at the outstanding Urgent Fury gaming community. Once again I apologize if it all came off the wrong way.

I also understand the negative points that you have brought up. The fake money is def more of a cosmetic that could be taken out. And I truly believe that all of the possible negative is outwieghed by the potential. If you really think of the structure and look at the possible path: This can actually turn into a true Professional Socom League.

It's alright, Shadow. There's no need to apologize. I knew you didn't mean any disrespect by it.

If there's ever anything that anyone in the UF Community wanted to bring to UF's attention, it can always be PMed to me or Sniper. We're always willing to hear about new ideas for the tournament. Never worry about that. It's just when something gets posted like that, and people show a little interest, it can become a beast on its own and then all of the sudden, POOF, you have a tourney being grown and advertised on the UF forum.

Again, we know you meant no harm.

Don't sweat it.

TOW came up with a VERY interesting POINT about how leaders might not like the IDEA of their gunners being some what pre-occupied with this LEAGUE play. He pointed out some stuff that I overlooked.

I can say this.....I know my CLAN LOVES U.F. , and I personaly am quite content with it as well. I personaly would not want to stray from what TDH has worked so hard for and what we have accomplished here. I'm starten to look at things in a differant light. TOW brought up some VERY good points, POINTS that as to me,(BEING A CLAN LEADER) I have to ALSO consider.

I'm starten to think that it would not be in my CLANS best interest to get involved with something of this MAGNITUDE so early in the development stage. Although I do think the idea is a good one, great for that matter. TOW got me think'en of the down sides, the POTENTIAL re-percussions of what COULD very possibly happen. I VALUE my clan mates TOO much to risk pushing into something that has not made a strong foothold in the gaming world.

I was there for a minute......the POSITIVE EMOTIONS were running with the idea, but........TOW brought me back to reality. Reading his post was like a "DOPE SLAP, SAYING WAKE UP, GET YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU MAN"