No Triple Crown For Big Brown

Guest [AoA]Klotch

I dont think the stumble effected him. I saw the whole thing but its not uncommon for the horses to jockey like that in the begining, espcially in a mile and a half race. Its more than enough time to get back up to speed if your gonna make a run for it.

I just think he did not want to run, maybe it was his foot, maybe it was the heat. I'm just glad he did not get hurt like barboro.

Guest Corruptor310

Jesus you guys dont read the news.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/06/06/sports/s115618D82.DTL

non of you suspect the reason that this horse -- pulled up at the beginning of the race, was because of a freaking cracked hoof. Saint52, you seemed to have some insight into this.

anyone who bet on this horse in this race with a cracked hoof, is cracked in the head.

Yes it was discussed prior to the race that the foot was a non issue. Well apprantly it might have been.

1. Even if the horse passed vet checks, why run him with a chance of creating a bigger issue.

2. Heat could have been a huge factor for him and the fact that its one of the softest tracks he has raced on.

3. Pressure.....he may have just said crew it I'm not runnin:)