Socom Confrontation Delayed???

Guest NEO-X

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that a bunch of games....all KINDS of games.....get delayed in one way or another.

It's just the bigger names, the highly anticipated ones, that hurt the most. Like SOCOM.

And I always stand my ground.

My world does not rise or fall with the release of a new video game.

I love SOCOM, and when it comes out, WHEN it comes out, I will be happy.

If they need extra time to make it EXTRA BETTER than simply releasing it BEFORE its ready, then applause to them and I will wait.

As for a boycott.....you boys are funny.

There is NO ONE HERE ready to boycott SOCOM.

But that was a tickler....LOL

All games get pushed or delayed are run into snags.

It's just we don't give a shit about those.

We give a shit about SOCOM.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

Undertow, But for over a year? A Month, two, maybe four, but OVER A YEAR from original date. That's just poor business. We're all SoCrack Addicts, and yes as much as I'm razzing Slant Six here, and hold Zipper and Sony accountable for letting a deadbeat company tear down our trust, I, like everyone here will get my copy.

All I'm asking is that we ALL wait one month to get our copies. If everyone did that, or at least a large enough number followed suit, that release week profit number will look horrible and they'll try harder next time.

Listen, I understand the concept of a delay. I get it. But my issue is, How inept do you have to be to keep pushing it back, over and over and over. Do any of you remember what the original release date was supposed to be?

It really comes down to credibility. A company, with a known cult following of its game, should want to put out the most accurate release date. If a date is put out and something happens during Beta or Alpha testing, causing the release to pushed back, we'll understand. But to continuously set a release date and never meet it, tarnishes the companies credibility with its followers.

Andawg ]

Undertow, But for over a year? A Month, two, maybe four, but OVER A YEAR from original date. That's just poor business. We're all SoCrack Addicts, and yes as much as I'm razzing Slant Six here, and hold Zipper and Sony accountable for letting a deadbeat company tear down our trust, I, like everyone here will get my copy.

All I'm asking is that we ALL wait one month to get our copies. If everyone did that, or at least a large enough number followed suit, that release week profit number will look horrible and they'll try harder next time.

Listen, I understand the concept of a delay. I get it. But my issue is, How inept do you have to be to keep pushing it back, over and over and over. Do any of you remember what the original release date was supposed to be?

How has it been delayed for over a year? Slant Six has only made 2 Release dates. The first being of coarse September 16th and now the new one of October 14th. Anything else you read was purely speculation with no actual credibility. You guys are really stretching here saying we should boycott etc, when you aren't even right about the focal point of your protest..

It's only a month guys, we'll survive and the game will be better. REMEMBER Socom 3 and CA next time you think the game should be rushed to meet a deadline. Those games while being fun and captivating me for over 2 years, were NOTHING compared to Socom 1 and 2. The flaws in the initial releases of both titles were horrid and why? Because they were rushing.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

Well there are two things I know, I've had Confrontation for a VERY LONG TIME, and my PS 3 for over a year. Both tell me Confrontation, or something with the SOCOM name for the PS3 should have been released by now.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was being created before the first PS3 was sold, SOCOM is a Sony Flagship game, Slant Six should be dismantled and sold for parts.

Andawg ]

Not really. But the point I wanted to make here, was that they delayed the 'map packs' for almost 2 years (if I recall, 09.16.2006?), and all I saw was that we just sat on our buts...waiting. Now, thats all I see: Map Pack rooms! They know there is the 'demand'. They will make us wait for the 'supply'...because we (some of us!) are SoCrack ADDICTS!

CritiKiL ]
Andawg ]

Not really. But the point I wanted to make here, was that they delayed the 'map packs' for almost 2 years (if I recall, 09.16.2006?), and all I saw was that we just sat on our butts...waiting. Now, thats all I see: Map Pack rooms! They know there is the 'demand'. They will make us wait for the 'supply'...because we (some of us!) are SoCrack ADDICTS!

I sometimes 'wish' that we had the strength, for just 'one day' to ALL NOT PLAY SOCOM! ~ Bet we'd see some production 'then!' >:(

Guest [iLL] Andawg
CritiKiL ]
CritiKiL ]
Andawg ]

Not really. But the point I wanted to make here, was that they delayed the 'map packs' for almost 2 years (if I recall, 09.16.2006?), and all I saw was that we just sat on our butts...waiting. Now, thats all I see: Map Pack rooms! They know there is the 'demand'. They will make us wait for the 'supply'...because we (some of us!) are SoCrack ADDICTS!

I sometimes 'wish' that we had the strength, for just 'one day' to ALL NOT PLAY SOCOM! ~ Bet we'd see some production 'then!' >:(

That'd be awesome. "Players in SOCOM universe....4" :P