Reminder on RONIN PLAYER MINIMUM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop a line here to remind anyone who may have glanced over it the first time.....UF: RONIN, the 1v1 single elimination tourney involving both SOCOM on the PS2 and CoD4 on the PS3, will ONLY launch if both the SOCOM and the CoD4 sign-ups reach 64 players or more. Anything under that and we will be forced to shut RONIN down.

This is the opportunity to go man-to-man against some great talent here in UF.....as well as potentially claiming the upcoming SOCOM: Confrontation, mailed to your door, for only $4.00. Take a chance! It could save you some cash!

Sign up are now up in this forum. Tell your clan mates! Who DOESN'T want a copy of SOCOM: Confrontation for only $4?

Remember.....sign ups only last for another week and a half!

- TOW

Yeah, sign up everyone! SHO is pulling their weight! We already have 7 applicants out of the 18 submitted thus far. For COD on the PS3 that is. I think the PS3 part will fill up, but I'm cynical about the SOCOM side of things. Just want to know, why can't the COD - PS3 one run if it reaches 32 players and the SOCOM one doesint?

Chili-Palmer ]
-Rooster- ]

I dont have cod4 for ps3 only 360...Might have to try finding a ps2 to take part in this.

Yea dude lets sign up for Socom/PS2.. Think of it as a donation to UF. ;D

Even BETTER, think of it as your chance to win a pre-ordered SOCOM: Confrontation of your own!

I don't know ANYONE here who wouldn't mind paying $4 for the next installment of SOCOM!

Undertow ]
Chili-Palmer ]
-Rooster- ]

I dont have cod4 for ps3 only 360...Might have to try finding a ps2 to take part in this.

Even BETTER, think of it as your chance to win a pre-ordered SOCOM: Confrontation of your own!

I don't know ANYONE here who wouldn't mind paying $4 for the next installment of SOCOM!

Well, since it IS Rooster and Chili talking.. it's definitely more of a donation :)

Prolog39 ]

Just want to know, why can't the COD - PS3 one run if it reaches 32 players and the SOCOM one doesint?

It still very well might, but again, we set this minimum to 64 players.

Considering we entertained about 18 clans here for Riot Act, which figures to about 576 players (not counting those involved in Crucible-3 and Black VI) we were sure we wouldn't have too much a problem reaching it.

Something to remember, though.....if we reach 64, no MATTER the ratio, both will go on.

We could have 54 players in the CoD4 side and only TEN on the SOCOM side, and both will go on.

That means those SOCOM entrants have HELLA good odds going into that tourney and winning! LOL

Teh Joker X ]
Undertow ]
Chili-Palmer ]
-Rooster- ]

Well, since it IS Rooster and Chili talking.. it's definitely more of a donation :)

Yea, Tow that was more my point.. lol

Neither Rooster or I have played Socom in MONTHS.!!

can you have more than 64 on each?

We do not wish to OVER-saturate one side of the tourney.

If THAT many people signed up for one of the two tourneys.....more than 64.....then we would just throw in a THIRD division into it all and then just give away a THIRD copy of SOCOM: Confrontation.

This way, we don't lessen a player's chances of winning the game by putting them against 63 other players instead of just 31.

But then again, we're no where near 64 players in ONE of the tourneys yet, so we may not have to worry about this.

Shadowboxin7 ]

This might be a stupid question but is the Socom edition of Ronin using the map packs or is it going to be strictly 3/CA??

There may be map pack maps in there.

It won't ALL be Combined Assault maps and it won't ALL be map pack maps.

But I'm sure there will be a healthy mix of the BEST maps in there.

Guest KingJunk

Can anyone just join or they have to belong to a clan who have participated in a UF Tourney?

So if some random guy pr girl who have never been to UF before came today and signed up could they play?