Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Sign in to follow this  

Sources: Indians agree to deal Sabathia to Brewers for minor leaguers

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Bleh. I didn't really want CC "Choke in the playoffs" Sabathia anyways. The Cubbies will likely focus on AJ Burnett now and rumors have Rich Harden on our radar as well.

Guest SuddenRedScare

Rich Harden is going to be more likely harder to land than Sabathia since he's signed for more than just the rest of the season. If the Cubs didn't have the prospects to land Sabathia, there isn't a way in hell they have enough to land Harden. AJ Burnett wouldn't be an upgrade in the Cubs rotation, so just pray they don't trade for him.

SuddenRedScare ]

Rich Harden is going to be more likely harder to land than Sabathia since he's signed for more than just the rest of the season. If the Cubs didn't have the prospects to land Sabathia, there isn't a way in hell they have enough to land Harden. AJ Burnett wouldn't be an upgrade in the Cubs rotation, so just pray they don't trade for him.

I agree that Harden will be extremely hard to land, but I can't agree with your sentiments on AJ. He is an experienced pitcher that is very comparable to Ted Lilly as far as his numbers go this season. He is a definite upgrade over Marquis and Marshall too. With Burnett we'd get a solid 5 man rotation and we can stop flip flopping between inexperienced Gallagher and inconsistent Marshall for the 5th spot in the rotation (Don't get me wrong I love the potential of both, especially Gallagher, but I'd much rather prefer Burnett this season over either). Burnett has always been a solid pitcher, especially when he was in the NL, so who knows what a trade back to the NL might do.