ps2 game tunnel

hey come on fellas and ladies we need more people on this server will make much funner all u need is a computer that can run wile your ps2 is running and we can play the map pack 2 all except blizard

we all play through lan and hook up over the net it works great theres 3 of us so sp far

any questions feel free to contact me i had trouble with mine but other 2 guys just hooked right up so i know a few tricks to get it rollin

hmmmm...this seems awfully close to "glitching" or cheating or whatever you want to call it.....and I'm suprised everyone, especially in this community is so accepting of it.

Maybe it's just me....

but IF these maps are out in time, you know, "legally", to be included in the next UF tourney, aren't clans and it's members who are playing these maps gaining a some what dis-honest advantage over those of clans who wait and abide by rules and laws and don't minipulate programs and use "glitches" to play maps before they are released?

I'm just asking here guys....not trying to cause a shit storm or accuse anyone of glitching....this seems to be to some a "grey area". I feel it's more black and white.

Just my thoughts and I welcome all of yours....

-Omni

Some might say the same thing about glitching and soft-spotting here or there on a map......because they're "sick of losing."

We here at UF do not condone the use of anything Socom-related that hasn't been officially released by Zipper/Sony/Whoever unless/until the entire community can play it.

If the map packs haven't been released yet, then they're not released yet.

To do ANYTHING else to get around this.....well.....it's certainly ripe for suspicion and criticism.

I will not be playing these "game tunnel" maps.

APC will not be playing these.

And I suspect the trustworthy and honest clans in this UF Community will not be playing them either, until the next installment of maps are released officially to the entire SOCOM gaming community.

Undertow's statement hit's it on the nail..

I understand though nothing was intentional on this but things that may give undue advantages do indeed border on unfairness in play.

I too feel the pain of the long delay in Zipper's release of the MP-2 but unfortunately I would not condone anything like this in lieu of the official release.

We'll leave it up.

As always stated....I'm not a fan of deleted entire threads.

If you erase history, then you learn nothing.

If you have history, then you will always know what happened, when it happened and who was involved.

That doesn't just go for gaming and forums, but for life as well.

Although this discussion went the wrong way in my opinion i do understand that you think it is an unfair advantage. Wouldn't it only be unfair if no one had played socom 1 or 2 before because everyone else has played those maps they won't differ exact same map graphics a little different but almost everyone here has played socom one or two so.

.........so, let's all play something that some hack created/stole from somewhere and some hack posted on a forum much to the "delight" of Sony/Zipper, I'm sure." Yeah, that sounds like a phenomenal idea.

While we're at it, let's all start shooting through corners and not AROUND them and stick our gun barrels through some barricades because, well, there's a flaw somewhere to exploit.

No matter how you TRY to rationalize it, there's NO reason to be playing these maps, much less broadcasting it to everyone else. Not that I will post it, but it sure as hell goes through my head ( and I would venture to say many others' as well) wondering if something like THIS in the game is taken advantage of, well, what ELSE are you taking advantage of in the game?

It was dumb to post it, dumb to admit it and dumb to NEED it so badly.

There are those who will always enjoy playing this game for what it is and what it offers, and then there are those who will do almost anything to get around the rules a bit.

Here in UF, we prefer the former to the latter.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
Undertow ]

.........so, let's all play something that some hack created/stole from somewhere and some hack posted on a forum much to the "delight" of Sony/Zipper, I'm sure." Yeah, that sounds like a phenomenal idea.

While we're at it, let's all start shooting through corners and not AROUND them and stick our gun barrels through some barricades because, well, there's a flaw somewhere to exploit.

No matter how you TRY to rationalize it, there's NO reason to be playing these maps, much less broadcasting it to everyone else. Not that I will post it, but it sure as hell goes through my head ( and I would venture to say many others' as well) wondering if something like THIS in the game is taken advantage of, well, what ELSE are you taking advantage of in the game?

It was dumb to post it, dumb to admit it and dumb to NEED it so badly.

There are those who will always enjoy playing this game for what it is and what it offers, and then there are those who will do almost anything to get around the rules a bit.

Here in UF, we prefer the former to the latter.

I couldn't have said it better myself...Here..here... my good man!