Can a photoshop noob get some pointers

Guest last

The system i have Adobe Photoshop CS3. Ok the sig i have on is the first thing i ever made on photo shop and for most of you its nothing special but i do have some questions 1. hy is it when i made the entire thing with a transparent back round then when i saved it became a white backround. So when i save it how should i have it so the backround clear. 2. where and how can i get and or make borders to add onto my sigs. 3 How can you render your own pics. Also anything you can tell me would be welcomed thanks.

ok...

1. you need to save it as a .png file or .gif file. I recommend png, as the saved quality of the image is nicer

(also, when you first open up a canvas, make sure it is an invisible background to begin with

2. i'd help you, but i'm at work and i'm exhausted lol just make a new layer on top of all of them, go to edit, i believe, and there is an option for outline or something, i'm totally blanking...just do a 1px outline, or however thick you want it

3. dont bother lol unless you really want to, its a pain the ass

The answer to the first question is that you gotta save it as a png or gif.

Number two lots of people just make them from scratch but if you got to downloads I think you can get a sig set from UF if they still have it.

Number three use the pen tool check out the you suck at photoshop videos there are some links in this area.

Lol I see path got you so yea do what he says.

whenever you're using a render, remember some cardinal rules:

1) Always use the biggest render you can find...because...

2) NEVER resize larger...always scale down...otherwise you make the render expose pixels and it looks like shit

3) When you do resize, to stop yourself from distorting the image, hold the SHIFT butten as you scale it down..that way it locks the verticle and the horizontal properties together...if you don't do this, you're gonna end up with a render that gets fatter, or longer, than the way it was intended

xLASTx ]

thanks for the help keep it comming and i think this sig sucks less then the last 1

xLASTx, there is one thing that has bothered me alot since you first approached me. The phrase "our bite is WORST Than our bark" is just bad.

Try our bite is WORSE than our Bark. Worst would be the wrong context for that phrase. ;)

see what i dont get is how you guys make all this stuff also i did fine a tut about borders but then i got to a point where he said todo somthing and whn i tried it didn't work so till trying to figure that one out

xLASTx ]

see what i dont get is how you guys make all this stuff also i did fine a tut about borders but then i got to a point where he said todo somthing and whn i tried it didn't work so till trying to figure that one out

Try right clicking on some of your tools. You will find that you only see about a third of em. The polygonal tool is best for rendering those gunshot holes.

one quick question i found a good place to get renders but now i need a site to get alot of differant and cool looking backrounds everything from weird colars to battlefeilds so if you know one please let me know

xLASTx ]

ok i sized it down to 350 x 150 hows it look

It looks cool man, if you like it then its a good sig its there to show your interest not other people interest, don't trip on what anybody thinks of it cuz thats there preference if you like flashy then go with flashy if you like simple stay with simple if it makes you happy then stay with it. Truthfully no ones great at photoshop we all just know a few lil tricks and like to show them off. Just have fun with it.