American Icon is No More

It's official. Anheuser-Busch has been sold to InBev for $52 billion.

The American Icon was opened in the 1860's and created the King of Beers. The King of Beers will no longer be American. It will now be Belgian.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Official press release from Anheuser-Busch (now InBev): http://www.anheuser-busch.com/Press/PressImages/FINAL%20PRESS%20RELEASE.pdf

Shadowboxin7 ]

Well maybe this is a blessing in disguise for all you bastards lol. Budweiser is a mediocre beer at best haha. Oh and Coors light is like having sex in a canoe....fucking near water!!!!!

All jokes aside it is pretty crazy....

But its American. Or at least it was.

And Coors maybe more water than beer, in your opinion, but it too is American. Which at this point makes it, and every other American owned beer, a dying breed. If Budweiser can be bought then so can all the others.

Shadowboxin7 ]

Well maybe this is a blessing in disguise for all you bastards lol. Budweiser is a mediocre beer at best haha. Oh and Coors light is like having sex in a canoe....fucking near water!!!!!

thank you. if I go cheap and slumming it beer wise, the lowest I'll go is Miller lite

MaluNYMets ]

Man for some reason I thought it said American Idol no more... its very sad that i even clicked the link... and i dont even watch american idol lol

Lmfao...I thought the same thing...I was like, "OH NO! NO MORE PAULA, RANDY, AND SIMON!!!!" Lol....That sucks though, all the drinkers in my family prefer the BIG BUD ;D

FEAR_WADE ]

There are still going to be the 12 breweries open here in the US' date=' from what I heard on the news one of the biggest upsides in this deal was so that they could distribute to China and other countries that they couldn't ship to from the US.

[/quote']Yea im sure just because it is belgian owned doesn't mean they will move all factories, etc.. to belgium. lol

Toyota is Japanese owned, but every Tacoma (i think every) is made in California. ;)