-ChurcH- ]
Pathogen- ]

uh, apart from 300 being historically innacurate, it was a bad movie as a whole. If you keep it as an action movie, and watch it the same way you'd watch a van damme or seagal movie..then yes, it was a good movie lol

It's based on a comic book.. it's not supposed to be historically accurate.

300 was a comic book???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smokeosama ]

Two words: FUCKING AWESOME

Ledger made this movie. His role as the joker was PHENOMENAL. Definitely one of, if not, the greatest villain performance of all time. This truly lived up to the hype and then went a lot further. GO SEE IT!

I agree. Without a doubt the biggest best movie of the year.

I just went and saw the 0900 showing on the IMAX.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you see the standard version you have to go back and see the IMAX version. I was getting rumbled out of my seat. The sound alone is so F'ing awesome that I actually jumped twice during the movie. Watching the Dark Knight on a screen 80 feet high and 65 feet wide with digital sound is F'ing AMAZING. The colors the views, the entire movie was awesome. I was in the movie from the second it started. I never knew anyone else was around me. The movie was 2 and 1/2 hours long and was great from the first second to the last. Without giving anything away, I will tell you that I absolutely loved the multiple climaxes in the movie.

Well worth any price you have to pay to watch it. There were people in line for the 0900 showing that had been in line since 0300.

IMAX F'ing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw Transformers on it too. If you are able to see a kick ass movie on IMAX, do it. You'll wish you could watch every movie on IMAX.

Also, did any of you see the trailer for Watchmen? It looks pretty good too. I thought the address for the movie was watchmen.com but I cant find it. I found this though: http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com.

BIGDANIEL ]

If you see the standard version you have to go back and see the IMAX version. I was getting rumbled out of my seat. The sound alone is so F'ing awesome that I actually jumped twice during the movie. Watching the Dark Knight on a screen 80 feet high and 65 feet wide with digital sound is F'ing AMAZING. The colors the views, the entire movie was awesome. I was in the movie from the second it started. I never knew anyone else was around me. The movie was 2 and 1/2 hours long and was great from the first second to the last. Without giving anything away, I will tell you that I absolutely loved the multiple climaxes in the movie.

Well worth any price you have to pay to watch it. There were people in line for the 0900 showing that had been in line since 0300.

IMAX F'ing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I wish I knew how BigDaniel felt about the Imax version, He doesn't let us know how it was here ;)

FEAR_WADE ]
BIGDANIEL ]

If you see the standard version you have to go back and see the IMAX version. I was getting rumbled out of my seat. The sound alone is so F'ing awesome that I actually jumped twice during the movie. Watching the Dark Knight on a screen 80 feet high and 65 feet wide with digital sound is F'ing AMAZING. The colors the views' date=' the entire movie was awesome. I was in the movie from the second it started. I never knew anyone else was around me. The movie was 2 and 1/2 hours long and was great from the first second to the last. Without giving anything away, I will tell you that I absolutely loved the multiple climaxes in the movie.

[/quote']

Man I wish I knew how BigDaniel felt about the Imax version, He doesn't let us know how it was here ;)

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Smart ass. ;D

BIGDANIEL ]
FEAR_WADE ]
BIGDANIEL ]

If you see the standard version you have to go back and see the IMAX version. I was getting rumbled out of my seat. The sound alone is so F'ing awesome that I actually jumped twice during the movie. Watching the Dark Knight on a screen 80 feet high and 65 feet wide with digital sound is F'ing AMAZING. The colors the views' date=' the entire movie was awesome. I was in the movie from the second it started. I never knew anyone else was around me. The movie was 2 and 1/2 hours long and was great from the first second to the last. Without giving anything away, I will tell you that I absolutely loved the multiple climaxes in the movie.

[/quote']

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Smart ass. ;D

lmao

CDBS14 ]

whats the difference' date=' do i get free cookies.

[/quote']No, but you get an absolutely GIGANTIC screen, an audio system that will make any regular theater look like a boom box, and a HELL of an experience. If you've never been to an IMAX movie period, then you're missing out on a lot. Movies can have 3-D scenes exclusive to IMAX only and even certain scenes added to the movie that you won't see in regular theaters.

Plus, exclusive trailers to certain movies. The entire beginning of The Dark Knight (bank scene) was shown as a preview in IMAX only during I Am Legend.

IMAX=Pwnage no matter what.

Spiderman 3

I Am Legend

Hancock

Harry Potter 5

The Incredible Hulk

Ironman

The Dark Knight

Those are just some of the movies I've seen on IMAX..

-ChurcH- ]

Movies can have 3-D scenes exclusive to IMAX only

Harry Potter 6 will have 3D scenes. That should be intense.

-ChurcH- ]

certain scenes added to the movie that you won't see in regular theaters.

There were four scenes within Dark Knight that were shot specifically for IMAX. So I'd have to assume those scenes are not shown in the standard version.

For those keeping score at home, this marks two box office records thus far for The Dark Knight — the widest opening ever (4,366 theaters) and now the largest midnight opening gross, beating out Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, which made $16.9 million in its midnight release. That film, which opened on a Thursday, went on to make $50 million in its first day. The current all-time record for highest single day opening is Spider-Man 3, which made $59.8 million.

Will it beat Spider-Man 3?

I would think it would beat Spiderman 3 with ease. I mean with the amount of people I've seen on these lines, how often people are seeing the movie AGAIN, how many theater they're showing the movie in, and all the buzz about The Dark Knight, I see it as a no-brainer.

Harry Potter 5 had some 3-D scenes when I went to see it in IMAX. That whole scene where they were flying those things over London was all in 3-D.