Tool_Minion ]

Ehh, I didnt bother explaining it to them. If ya don't know, you just don't know.

Here's the vid of Maynard throwing the fan who jumps on stage, and putting him in a rear naked choke. All while continuing the song. ;D

That is why Maynard is the MAN.

The fact that he doesn't NEED to be in a music video for true music aficionado's to appreciate his music is probably my favorite part about him as a musician.

Sure, I LOVE his work, (obviously, my PSN is Tool_Minion ::)) but the fact that the fame, or recognition is secondary to the music makes it THAT much more influential in my eyes.

Honestly, we haven't seen a purer musical BAND since Pink Floyd IMO.

Tool_Minion ]

The fact that he doesn't NEED to be in a music video for true music aficionado's to appreciate his music is probably my favorite part about him as a musician.

Sure, I LOVE his work, (obviously, my PSN is Tool_Minion ::)) but the fact that the fame, or recognition is secondary to the music makes it THAT much more influential in my eyes.

Honestly, we haven't seen a purer musical BAND since Pink Floyd IMO.

That is a great point. However, you would have to list Metallica on there with an asterisk. When Cliff Burton was alive and writing most of their stuff, it was phenomenal. They were never the same after he died. Master was their last great album.

Pathogen- ]

free music > metallisucka

Yer high. As far as I'm concerned Metallica disbanded after Master, so anything they have done since that album is not real. When I speak of Metallica, it is only the Cliff Burton era. Everything since he died is garbage. The only 3 good songs on Justice were ones he had already written before the bus crash.

CDB, yer homework assignment is to go DL some tool songs from whatever "filesharing" program you kids use these days, and report back after you've listened to at least one album. ;D

Which songs are those.. I DO like "And Justice for all", but i also do like a few songs better than others.

I would NEVER guess that Cliff had anything to do with them.. they are way different than what Metallica was.

Cliff was the backbone of the band.!!

cliff2.jpg

I do think Jason Newsted was a good addition to the band tho.. (i liked his former band Flotsam & Jetsam)

To live is to Die is the only one credited to him on the website. I thought I read somewhere when that album released that he wrote most of Blackened and Harvester of Sorrow. Either I'm wrong or Hetfield really is the selfish sumbitch they say he is. :P

Blackened sounds so much like his style I really can't believe he didn't work on that.