The Dark Knight in THEATERS - Official Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-ChurcH- ]

Went to IMAX tonight... fucking amazing. The greatest villain you will see in a long, long time. Psychotic and crazy, absolutely stunning. Heath Ledger created a masterpiece of a character.

Will see this again in IMAX on Monday ;)

damn this movie will stay on the top of the charts for along time.

Hell, I'm not surprised. This movie created so much hype over the past months and months that it's no surprise it made that much in only THREE hours.

********SEMI SPOILER**********

Oh yeah let me also say.. even though the Joker is why everyone is going to see this movie and even though it should be renamed "The Life of the Joker"... Harvey Dent AKA Two-Face, has one of the sickest facial make-ups you will EVER see. Seeing him the first time left me in awe.. they did a fucking crazy job with his face.

Carry on.

-ChurcH- ]

Went to IMAX tonight... fucking amazing. The greatest villain you will see in a long, long time. Psychotic and crazy, absolutely stunning. Heath Ledger created a masterpiece of a character.

Will see this again in IMAX on Monday ;)

So you recommend seeing it on IMAX vs regular screen?? I wanted to go on Monday, but now I'm conflicted.

The movie was great. I will tell you right now that Heath Ledger will undoubtedly recieve the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. Look at previous years winners and especially the past 5 years winners: Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men, Alan Arkin in Little Miss Sunshine, George Clooney in Syriana, Morgan Freeman in Million Dollar Baby, Tim Robbins in Mystic River. My point being: None of these actors and roles come close to the amazing job done by Heath Ledger. Best Supporting has always been a weak category. Heath takes it in a landslide

Christian Bale and Micheal Keaton are neck to neck in my book although Christian Bale has played a much better Bruce Wayne.

IrshZ28 ]

So you recommend seeing it on IMAX vs regular screen?? I wanted to go on Monday, but now I'm conflicted.

Absolutely. Go see it on IMAX.

Shadowboxin7 ]

Christian Bale and Micheal Keaton are neck to neck in my book although Christian Bale has played a much better Bruce Wayne.

No way. Christian Bale has done a much better job than Michael Keaton. These last two Batman movies so much better than the ones prior. Acting, story lines, the way they're filmed, etc. I don't even like watching them anymore. They're boring. And, IMO, this is definitely one of those movies that could continue for many years. I really like the way they jump straight to the villains and characters. They don't spend a lot of the movie explaining who they are. They spend more time on the plot and the action. I would love to see as many as they will put out.

So, if they do make a third, who will be the next villain and who would play them? Penguin? Mr. Freeze? Poison Ivy? Riddler?

Will they add a Robin? I don't think they should. I think they should stay with Batman.

Guest NEO-X

I agree michael keaton = lame compared to C. Bale.

But in regards to the actual film.. It was actually a really well written story, and the action scenes were really great.

But I have to 100% hand it to Ledger.. his portrayal of The Joker, far my expectation of what the media had already indicated was his best performance.

Looking at him, the way he spoke.. I honest to god could NOT see leger through the joker... He seriously became that guy, in the eriest way possible.

The thing he kept doing with his tongue for some reason was really freakin distubing.

Great movie.. seriously, great movie... and definetly lived up to the hype

That tongue thing was definitely one of the creepiest parts about his character. Really shows you how psychotic and unstable this guy really is.

As far as IMAX over Regular, I would say DEFINITELY. Over here it's only an extra 4-5 bucks. And I can say it's EASILY worth the few extra bucks.

And speaking of Robin... according to this source, I would rule him out.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/02/christian-bale-rules-out-robin-for-batman-3-and-beyond/

Did you see Heath Ledger in "Lords of Dogtown".!? or "Candy" was another great performance..

(come to think of it so was Casanova, Brokeback, & The Patriot.)

He was amazing, after watching Dogtown i knew the day i found out he was going to be the Joker he would be PERFECT.!!!

Guest NEO-X
DeAdLy-InTeNt ]
bunni-rabbit ]

i dont think they could have gotten a better joker. the man was spectacular. wanna see a magic trick.

that part was great!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was waiting for someone to bring that up...

LMAO...

that WAS great. It was one of those moments that brings the entire audience together in unison with a big audible "ooooooooooooooh"

xDarkSkye ]
DeAdLy-InTeNt ]
bunni-rabbit ]

i dont think they could have gotten a better joker. the man was spectacular. wanna see a magic trick.

LMAO...

that WAS great. It was one of those moments that brings the entire audience together in unison with a big audible "ooooooooooooooh"

i wanna see the movie. stupid sold out tickets why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every post you guys make, makes me feel like getting into the theater from the back or cut the line or something.

CDBS14 ]
xDarkSkye ]
DeAdLy-InTeNt ]
bunni-rabbit ]

LMAO...

i wanna see the movie. stupid sold out tickets why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every post you guys make' date=' makes me feel like getting into the theater from the back or cut the line or something.

[/quote']

Hey did you hear. Its like the greatest movie EVER!!

WoW!! Went to the late show last night. I can't say nothing that hasn't been said. I go to the theaters about 5 times a year tops. I might go watch this a few more times itself.

Bale is the best batman. The "gravely" voice gets old, but Batman should sound mean. His Wayne is awesome. "What van? Who's in it? I was trying to beat the light. "

Every one of you should go see this movie. ;D ;D

MAYBE SPOILER BELOW!!!

It's too bad that Ledger died. It kinda looked like a more lunacy was creeping in as the movie progressed. I'm pretty sure in the next film he would have been just as creepy, with more lunacy thrown in.