Shockey and Taylor traded.

So Shockey goes to the saints for 2nd and 5th round picks.

Taylor goes to the Redskins for one 2nd round pick in 2009 and a 6th round pick in 2010.

Well I just looked and said wow I knew it anyone one else think this would happen? I think the giants ripped themselves off a bit. As much as I hate the giants I figure you could get a little more for Shockey like at least a 2nd and 4th and the saints now have two exceptional TEs. As far as Taylor goes I think he will retire next year so the Dolphines got a good deal.

Now theres some rumour on the nfl network that Greenbay might trade a certain QB that wears a number 4 jersey.

CDBS14 ]

wow the giants let go of shockey' date=' thats stupid.

[/quote']

not NEARLY as stupid as you think bro, shockey DID produce, he DID have potential, BUT he had a big mouth, complained too much, AND his replacement(kevin boss) had an AMAZING season and -I- believe boss will do just as good a job/IF NOT BETTER than shockey. AND he wont complain about it.

J-Rite187 ]
CDBS14 ]

wow the giants let go of shockey' date=' thats stupid.

[/quote']

not NEARLY as stupid as you think bro, shockey DID produce, he DID have potential, BUT he had a big mouth, complained too much, AND his replacement(kevin boss) had an AMAZING season and -I- believe boss will do just as good a job/IF NOT BETTER than shockey. AND he wont complain about it.

in that you are right, the thing is that shockey had been around for a bit. hopefully the replacement can help the giants defend the title although i still think the patriots will win it this year.

the thing is in NY, the giants perform well, they are praised, they lose and then they are hated, i got pissed when they won the superbowl, because many people i knew weren't giants fan, many were jets fan or other team fans, before they made superbowl, most of the people i knew hated the giants.

that's not just NY hoss, that's everywhere. they're called bandwagon jumpers or fair weather fans and they make up the majority of all teams fans base. The "die hards" are in the vast minority.

Everybody loves a winner, right?

lol well its obvious im not in the bandwagon cuz im a lions fan and they aint won shit lmao but i do think that they will be a legit contender in the NFC this year i think that some of the final nfc teams will be Lions,Cowboys,Giants,Packers but in the AFC i will say Colts,Pats, and the Chargers but i think that the lions will put up a good fight and prolly mess it up in the playoffs

Despite his outbursts, the Giants would have been better off with both Shockey and second-year player Kevin Boss this season. Yes, Boss had that big 45-yard catch against the Patriots and he looks like he can be a special player and, unlike Shockey, the big kid from Western Oregon really likes blocking, a prerequisite in the New York running game. But when you're attempting to defend a championship, it's better to have as much talent as possible. Two is always better than one. What happens if Boss doesn't develop into the player the Giants expect him to be? What if Boss gets hurt? Behind Boss, the Giants have two young players who haven't played. Michael Matthews is 6-4 and 270 and can block while Darcy Johnson reportedly can catch. You would think, depending on how the preseason goes, the Giants could be checking the waiver wires if neither Matthews nor Johnson develops.

Yo CDBS thats every NY team, Look at every single NY teams fans they bounce to each team then cry about the team and go to the next one, Its like that with the Raiders, Warriors, and Lakers too Raiders go to the Super Bowl everyone pops up as Raiders fans then they lose and they start rioting around burning Raiders jerseys in Oakland, Warriors go to the playoffs and beat the Mavs everybody and their Moms jump up We believe oh we believe then Utah knocks them out and we believe goes to they suck. Lakers lol I don't have to say it but all of a sudden I heard nothing from my boy who supposedly loves the lakers.

I didn't jump teams or burn my jersey when the Giants lost the world series even though they had it in their hands I still love them and i'm going to the game on wednesday.

I would still love my 49ers even if they were to actually lose a super bowl.

I still love my Spurs even though they lost to the subpar Lakers.

I still love Michigan even though they lost to ole miss and basically killed their season.

Good moves by the Saints and Skins who are playing for this season, and a good move for the rebuilding Phins. I too think the Giants were better off with Boss and Shockey, though. Boss showed he is more than capable of handling the workload though. Also next major move:

photo.jpg

That was on the front page of the Chicago Trib on Sunday, I highly doubt that will be possible though. I figured I'd take a shot of it to share. The ONLY way Favre ends up in Chicago is if the Pack caves and gives him his release, which even then isn't a lock with Minnesota and Atlanta also rumored to be interested. The Bears will have to convince him they are ready to win this year. They made a step forward signing Kevin Jones, but the O-Line is still subpar.