A-11 Offense

Guest M16Assassin

I have to say this would be dissapointing. Although I don't care about Qb's at all. I'm all about defense, so while I do think the game should stay the way it is I would be very intrigued to see a defense plan for this.

I would think some intense quarter package would do the trick. The one thing I don't get though is that you never know who the 5 guys going out are right? So why wouldn't the defense send 3 guys right to the line and straight rush the Qb? Unless the guys blocking are always standing next to the Qb which they aren't I would think a sack would be in order, unless they always have a guy waiting for a screen. Makes you think don't it. :D

Guest M16Assassin
CDBS14 ]

damn all 11 players' date=' i thought that was illegal, im confused, but the defense gets to have the fun and they are usually the unsung heroes of the game.

[/quote']

actually I would imagine most defenses would have their hands full, thats the whole point of running this offense.

Prane ]

I have to say this would be dissapointing. Although I don't care about Qb's at all. I'm all about defense, so while I do think the game should stay the way it is I would be very intrigued to see a defense plan for this.

I would think some intense quarter package would do the trick. The one thing I don't get though is that you never know who the 5 guys going out are right? So why wouldn't the defense send 3 guys right to the line and straight rush the Qb? Unless the guys blocking are always standing next to the Qb which they aren't I would think a sack would be in order, unless they always have a guy waiting for a screen. Makes you think don't it. :D

Well I watched the vid about 5 times, and it looks like they do kinda have a perma screen set up. Looks like on one side they always have someone swing out of the backfield, with a couple recievers running short routes 3-7 yrds, to become blockers if needed. I think it's pretty inventive, but I don't see it working at a higher level than HS. College and Pro linebackers are way too fast, and way too smart for it to work. Confusion seems to be the major focal point of the offense, but you can see that even those HSers sniffed out that swing pass and crossing stuff quite a few times. No way would that work on the goaline in bigger markets, like Texas.

I'm just glad to see that guys are still trying to think outside the box in terms of schemes.

I think it's pretty inventive, but I don't see it working at a higher level than HS. College and Pro linebackers are way too fast, and way too smart for it to work.

Agree. It all starts wiht those two QB's. If you don't have well above average athletic talent there, probably is not that effective.

I dunno, that video was not really that impresive either.

Looked like if the D-Line was playing more of a contain and have smart fast linebackers to eat up those screens.

Wait for their '08 season results.

Johnson30 ]
I think it's pretty inventive, but I don't see it working at a higher level than HS. College and Pro linebackers are way too fast, and way too smart for it to work.

Agree. It all starts wiht those two QB's. If you don't have well above average athletic talent there, probably is not that effective.

I dunno, that video was not really that impresive either.

Looked like if the D-Line was playing more of a contain and have smart fast linebackers to eat up those screens.

Wait for their '08 season results.

Thats what I'm getting at. In smaller market HS, you have large talent gaps. So I'm sure they destroy some teams, but teams with a little depth probably handle them. Other than you don't need well above average talent at the qb. It looks like you could have just decent qb's since most of those throws are 5-15 yarders. Just make sure one of them can run, is all you'd need. Hell, I might try an convince the guy I help head coach to run that in 5th grade midget for shits and giggles. ;D

That's what I was trying to say, having Athletes for QB's. Might not be good at tossing the ball, but good at avoiding the rush and making a play.

You see those down field throws? Everyone was under thrown, WR just made good plays on the ball.