Interesting tidbits on our dying troops

I thought I would share this with everyone the numbers don't lie.

The big bad BUSH killing all our soliders.. ::)

How does the commercial go - "Not a sermen just the facts" :-\

Military Losses, 1980 thru 2007

Whatever your politics, however you lean, and however you feel about the current administration, this report should open some eyes. Military losses, 1980 through 2007.

As tragic as the loss of any member of the US Armed Forces is, consider the following statistics:

The annual fatalities of military members while actively serving in the armed forces from 1980 through 2006 - by any cause

**Statistics page 11: American War and Military Operations Casualties:

Lists and Statistics Updated May 14, 2008**

1980 .... ...... 2,392 ( Carter Year )

1981 .......... 2,380 ( Reagan Year)

1982 .......... 2,319 ( Reagan Year)

1983 .......... 2,465 ( Reagan Year)

1984 .......... 1,999 ( Reagan Year)

1988 ......... 1,819 ( Reagan Year)

1989 .......... 1,636 ( George H W Year )

1990 ......... 1,508 ( George H W Year )

1991 .......... 1,787 ( George H W Year )

1992 .......... 1,293 ( George H W Year )

1993 ......... 1,213 ( Clinton Year)

1994 .......... 1,07 5 ( Clinton Year)

1995 ......... 2,465 ( Clinton Year)

1996 .......... 2,318 ( Clinton Year)

1997 .......... 817 ( Clinton Year)

1998 .......... 2,252 ( Clinton Year)

1999 .......... 1,984 ( Clinton Year)

2000 ..........1,983 ( Clinton Year)

2001 ............ 890 ( George W Year )

2002 .......... 1,007 ( George W Year )

2003 .......... 1,410 ( George W Year )

2004 .......... 1,887 ( George W Year )

2005 ............ 919 ( George W Year )

2006............. 920 ( George W Year )

2007............ 899 ( George W Year )

Clinton years (1993-2000): 14,107 deaths George W years (2001-2007): 7,932 deaths

If you are surprised when you look at these figures, so was I. These figures mean that the loss from the two latest conflicts in the Middle East Are LESS than the loss of military personnel during Bill Clinton 's presidency when America wasn't even involved in a war! (Unless you include Bosnia or the disgrace of Mogadishu, Somalia when Clinton failed to respond to terrorists; Remember 'Blackhawk Down'?)

And, I was even more shocked! When I read that in 1980, during the reign of President (Nobel Peace Prize winner) Jimmy Carter , there were 2,392 US military fatalities! From what? How?

I think that these figures indicate that many members of our Media and our Politicians will pick and choose the information on which they report. Of course we all know that they present only those 'facts' which support their agenda-driven reporting. But why do so many of them march in lock-step to twist the truth? Where do so many of them get their agenda? Obviously there is one shared agenda. Could it be from the most powerful Democrat family of the decade?

Do you want further proof? Consider the latest census of Americans. It shows the following FACTS about the distribution of American citizens, by race:

European descent ..........................69.12%

Hispanic............... ...................12.5%

Black .................... ...............12.3%

Asian...................................... 3.7%

Native American............................ 1.0%

Other..................................... 2.6%

Many of the media lead us to feel the military death ratio is off balanced compared to the distribution by race in America. Here are the fatalities by RACE over the past three years in Iraqi Freedom. Do the comparison yourself.

European descent (white) ... .......74.31%

Hispanic............................10.74%

Black . ............................ 9.67%

Asian............................... 1.81%

Native American..................... 1.09%

Other.............................. 0.33%

I was surprised again. Our mainstream media continues to spin these figures (for political gain). Nothing more. It's all about politics.

I hope that between now and November, intelligent Americans can decipher the facts from the spin, the spinners from the leaders, those who seek even more power from those that seek justice, and the dividers from the uniters.

Over the next months let's be good listeners and see and hear who tries to divide our nation; and who wants to unite our nation; who wants to control how our money is spent and who wants our money spent the way we would spend it. Who seeks power and who seeks justice? Who spins the facts and who is genuine.

(These statistics are published by Congressional Research Service, and they may be confirmed by anyone at: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf )

'History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid.' - Dwight D. Eisenhower

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MaCoo_ P-CR ]

I will be on honest here idol soliders/Marines can be quite stupid.

Motor vehicle accidents (Alcohol or non-alcohol related), suicides, training accidents etc..

It makes sense if you have ever been in the military before.

i know it can make sense the thing is how can there be less deaths during war time when clearly many die each day.

What gets me mad is all the people up in arms about our troops dieing overseas and what not when Americans are dieing everyday in our major cities more often then American soliders, but we never hear anything about that ::) Although Washington D.C. has been recieving alot of coverage latly due to increased violence, in reponse the police have setup checkpoints in certain parts of the city to prevent / deter criminals from commiting such acts of violence.

To be quite honest, if you guys hav'nt noticed, this whole world is getting completely out of control...and I'm serious......just look at the state of the world today compared to 50 years ago.....all across the board...

What gets me mad is all the people up in arms about our troops dieing overseas and what not when Americans are dieing everyday in our major cities more often then American soliders, but we never hear anything about that ::) Although Washington D.C. has been recieving alot of coverage latly due to increased violence, in reponse the police have setup checkpoints in certain parts of the city to prevent / deter criminals from commiting such acts of violence.

.T3RMINATOR. ]

let me Guess you Voted for Bush?! haha nah Jk. That is Pretty Odd. how we end up with Less Casualties in War.... Although Technology and Training has advanced

the tech has changed over the years. there are more jobs proformed be robotics then ever before. also the medical field has advanced too. many lives are saved in the battlefield now then ever before. lets face it twenty years from now skynet will be up and running waiting to take over the world. ;)

dude this world is fucked every day, i dont even watch the news anymore, everyday its stuff that should jus tmake us think for a second and go like WTF is wrong with humanity now a days? well today its all about who has money and power no one no longer care about the future, global warming, the reason many people dont care its because nothing much is happening today but wait until our grandchildren come around, they will face the problems from our decisions they will probably come to hate us for what we have done, animal conservation is the same, who cares about some dumb animals, well when you try to explain to your grandkid what an elephant is and there are no more then it is going to suck.