Manny to Dodgers, Jason Bay to BoSox in blockbuster 3 team deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3513383

Manny Ramirez's stormy relationship with the Boston Red Sox appears to be over.

A baseball source has confirmed Ramirez has been traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers, ESPN.com has learned.

Jason Bay is going to Boston as part of the deal, Jayson Stark reported. And the Pittsburgh Pirates get four minor leaguers as part of the three-way deal.

Andy LaRoche, Bryan Morris, Brandon Moss and Craig Hansen will go to Pittsburgh, ESPN.com has learned.

Yea well Boston probably wasnt going to pick up Manny's 20 million dollar option after all the crap he was pulling which means they would have lost him after the season anyways. So instead of getting nothing after the season they decided to get a decent player now. It may hurt their chances this year, although they are still pretty good, but it improves their team for the next few years. I actually dont consider this a blunder. Manny is 36 years old, a headache and has already helped provide two championships. They got what they wanted out of him and now they can move on. They got something pretty good for a guy they werent going to keep around anyway. I think thats a pretty good move.

PLUS they lose a possible September long distraction....

-ChurcH- ]

So the Cubbies are putting a beatdown on the Brew crew today, aren't they? :P Jason Bay can't replace Manny. He can try, but he can't.

Hell yes. 4 game sweep in Milwaukee! I think this was a good move by Boston. They get a much younger and cheaper player (I'm talking next season, because they ate the rest of Manny's salary) in return for someone who obviously had fallen out of favor with the front office. Bay can put up very similar numbers, if not better than Manny at this point in Manny's career, especially now that he's in a real lineup.

Manny hit us a 2-Run HR Tonight. So far he has said he wants to be treated like everyone else, is willing to cut his hair if asked by Torre and also said he would like to retire a Dodger. He sure doesn't seem like he is going to be a problem or anything and I know it's only been 2 games but I haven't not seen him hustle.

simihi ]

Manny hit us a 2-Run HR Tonight. So far he has said he wants to be treated like everyone else, is willing to cut his hair if asked by Torre and also said he would like to retire a Dodger. He sure doesn't seem like he is going to be a problem or anything and I know it's only been 2 games but I haven't not seen him hustle.

Its coming, just wait for it....you have to watch closely sometimes to see it but it'll be there...

I live close and am a big Red Sox fan and it was a good deal, they got a little less than maybe they could have if the timing was different but he got a hair across his ass again and was being a punk all over the place. He is immature, which at times was fun and even enjoyable to fans and teammates. But eventually immature people do stuff that just annoys the crap out of ya and that is what happened here again. He will do well and put up some great numbers but it'll cost ya at some point.

There is nothing sad about it chili Manny has a new team to call his "Own". He loves it here in LA and even said he would like to finish his career here, so far he's hitting .615 with two homers and five RBIs in three games with the Dodgers. Maybe it's because we out here in LA have been craving for a real power hitting Superstar but if this is Manny being Manny we'll take it.

J. Bay isn't a bad player. I think he'll fit in very well with the Bo Sox. He actually has protection around him in the lineup, he never had that in Pittsburgh and still was a two time all star and rookie of the year. The reception he got in his first at bat gave me chills. I'm a big J. Bay fan and thought he deserved every second of that !