Bret Favre traded to Jets.

Well its official hes a Jet. They traded him for unconditional pick or pickx that changes depending on how many snaps and how good he plays.

Also the Jets released Chad Pennington.

I felt if the Jets would have gave Pennington better protection he wouldn't get injured so much now Favres going there and hes on the madden cover damn I hope he survives cursed.

Guest SuddenRedScare
Neo_Unit001 ]

Well its official hes a Jet. They traded him for unconditional pick or pickx that changes depending on how many snaps and how good he plays.

I live in Wisconsin and all I can say is finally, and good riddance.

They should have done this four years ago. He is just plain terrible.

I felt if the Jets would have gave Pennington better protection he wouldn't get injured so much now Favres going there and hes on the madden cover damn I hope he survives cursed.

I for one hope he just gets demolished by the likes of the Patriots defensive line. One can only hope, right?

Tsk, tsk SRS :( My fellow cheddarhead, I am sadened today August 7th 2008 the year of our lord to hear you say such things. :'(

OK my take on this:

He has never been the one chimmiing in to say he was retiring it has always been the press/media.

"When is Farve gonna retire?", "Is this the year Farve, retires?"

Like I say about all actors and athletes leave them the hell alone and enjoy watching them, other wise change the channel. Granite in WI it is on every channel but PBS shouldn't have it on it. LOL

My personal opinion is:

The Packers will have a under .500 record and both them ass clowns will get fired. I hope I am wrong because I want the Packers to do well but I think bad things are gonna happen now because of this.

Guest SuddenRedScare
MaCoo_ P-CR ]

Tsk, tsk SRS :( My fellow cheddarhead, I am sadened today August 7th 2008 the year of our lord to hear you say such things. :'(

If it makes it any better, I'm a Viking fan raised in a Packer family. ;D

MaCoo_ P-CR ]

OK my take on this:

He has never been the one chimmiing in to say he was retiring it has always been the press/media.

"When is Farve gonna retire?", "Is this the year Farve, retires?"

Like I say about all actors and athletes leave them the hell alone and enjoy watching them, other wise change the channel. Granite in WI it is on every channel but PBS shouldn't have it on it. LOL

My personal opinion is:

The Packers will have a under .500 record and both them ass clowns will get fired. I hope I am wrong because I want the Packers to do well but I think bad things are gonna happen now because of this.

I do agree about the Media. UNTIL this year. He did say it. So I believed and dealed with it. Did it make since? NO I thought he should have gone one more. But I accepted it. Then the past few weeks has been raw. PAcker fans Had allready gotten into the mind set of Rodgers being the starter. THen here comes Brett.

As far as haven a under.500 series. I think your dead wrong there. Thes line was made for Rodgers once he came aboard. We all new that Ted could not consider this his team fully until Brett was gone. MAkes since. WE are still the youngest team. We also lead the team in YAC last year. So this will be huge as well this year. I know he is unproven. But his "almost ralley back" aginst the cowboys last year can NOT be a understatement.

I think Mike is a HELL of a head coach. He does not need to go any where. Ted on the other hand could leave and I would not miss him one bit....

Its really not like a Packer fan to see we are going to go under 500 cause of 1 man.... To me that sounds like your more of a Brett fan then a packer fan....IMO

BTW: Pennington wasn't terrible. Pennington just has no arm. Most of the years he played, he had a subpar offensive line but he did take the Jets to the playoffs twice including winning the AFC East in 2002, where he had the highest QB Passer Rating. Chad Pennington has one of the best accuracy ratings of all-time and is one of the best QB's in the Red Zone.

The Jets haven't released him YET. They said they would either release him or trade him by 4pm today.

Just so you know, I'm a Jets fan.

jet fans have my respect. one of/if not the worst NY sports team, and they're still loyal. almost as bad as ANY philly fan.

quite honestly i agree with SRS, they should've gotten rid of lady pennington YEARS ago, he's no good for the team. i think that by bringing in favre's experience it'll help out the jets' young o-line

HusH- ]

Its really not like a Packer fan to see we are going to go under 500 cause of 1 man.... To me that sounds like your more of a Brett fan then a packer fan....IMO

Well since I am from Wisconsin born and raised I think that would qualify me as "PACKERS" fan, not like the fair weather fans out there. As I said I hope they don't go under .500 because I am a realist and know that Rodgers has been hurt twice not playing football in the past 3 years. So I waiver on the side of caution when he is our only QB that knows the offense when a hall of famer is willing to come back one more year. But that IMO... ;)

-ChurcH- ]

BTW: Pennington wasn't terrible. Pennington just has no arm. Most of the years he played, he had a subpar offensive line but he did take the Jets to the playoffs twice including winning the AFC East in 2002, where he had the highest QB Passer Rating. Chad Pennington has one of the best accuracy ratings of all-time and is one of the best QB's in the Red Zone.

The Jets haven't released him YET. They said they would either release him or trade him by 4pm today.

Just so you know, I'm a Jets fan.

ESPN says they released him.

Guest M16Assassin
Neo_Unit001 ]
TRUE_GOLDENCHILD ]

I bet you the jet finally have a winning season.

I doubt it really, who are their WRs and TE again can't remember. Everyones gonna be after him cuz hes on the madden cover.

bravo Killa that is by far the dumbest thing I've heard here in awhile. :P:D

Why would teams try to injure him because he is on the cover of a video game?

Him going to the jets was a great thing for them, they made a lot of good moves in the offseason improving both lines and signing Farve will most likely mean they are going to the playoffs now or in the near future. You can't overlook how good Lavernius Coles is, highly underrated. Cotchery is no slouch either.

Maybe the bears will grab Chad now. Sudden Pennington is not garbage, he has been through a lot of injuries and suffered through a terrible offensive line. The future is bright for Chad Pennington.

SuddenRedScare ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

I live in Wisconsin and all I can say is finally, and good riddance.

They should have done this four years ago. He is just plain terrible.

I for one hope he just gets demolished by the likes of the Patriots defensive line. One can only hope, right?

Wow.. Brett Farve gave everything to your damn team. With out him, your team would be still getting ass rammed. Which they will be this year. Brett Farve was the packers. Watch the packers finish behind the Lions this year..