• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuddenRedScare
RNG187 ]

any recommendations?? i currently have an alpine stereo, but i want new speakers and possibly a sub or two. anybody have a suggestion/recommendation?

note: i'm driving an 03 cobra.

What color? My buddy used to have an '01 Cobra and put in a very nice Bose system. Not sure what he had for subs but the speakers sounded great. Had to sell it because a RWD sports car and Wisconsin winters don't mix too well.

The only way to get umph is to get an amp.

check the stats of your current speakers.. they could be under powered. (probably not, but i would check before i buy anything)

Just get replacement speakers: same sizes just better quality.!

Replace all of the factory speakers, add an amp & a box in the trunk if you want.. but you may not need to. (unless you want to be THAT guy ;))

Do you have "Mach" Audio or "Mach 1000"

Looks like it says you have 6x8 in both the front doors & in the rear deck.

You dont have to buy from Crutchfield, but you can get a good idea of what will work & what is available.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JLyVigxd5hO/app/car/mycar.aspx

well, that's what i mean by system, LOL like what brand amp/sub/speaker.

regular mach, not under powered.

i have 2 speakers on each door, and two in the back. idk how big the ones on top of the door are, but they're smaller than the ones in the back/lower door.

i was at 7/11 the other day, as i was getting into my car my friend pulled up in a scion TC. this thing was rumbling from the bass, and he felt like the man to the point i could tell. i want this thing to rock the street, on low.

Well in that case you just need to go to the car stereo shop and tell them what you want because your probably going to need them to do some mods..

The thing is if you want SERIOUS sound you cant use multi-speakers in one. (like 6x9 - 3 way)

You need seperate components, so that means you will need to have a place for an AMP, a place for your box (lows/bass), a place for mid range speakers, & a place for your highs.

Chili-Palmer ]

Well in that case you just need to go to the car stereo shop and tell them what you want because your probably going to need them to do some mods..

The thing is if you want SERIOUS sound you cant use multi-speakers in one. (like 6x9 - 3 way)

You need seperate components, so that means you will need to have a place for an AMP, a place for your box (lows/bass), a place for mid range speakers, & a place for your highs.

yeah, i found out an old friend from high school owns a custom shop, i talked turkey with him for a while. i'm having all mach speakers replaced with sony speakers, then in the trunk i'm having two 15" rockford fosgate subs in the back, with two rockford fosgate T1500 amps.

J, I would go with Kickers, like someone else said. RF's subs tend to sound a little tinny. Not to mention they have a tendency of blowing out. I've had a problem with every RF sub I've owned. I only bought them because a friend of mine in HS worked at the dealer here and they were cheeeep.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i may be jumping in a little late here, but here are a few suggestions:

1. subs - kicker is a great brand. you really cant go wrong there. question is, what do you listen to? if you listen to country or rock or metal, then do not go any bigger than a 12" woofer. if you listen to a lot or rap, then do not go any smaller than 12's. 10" woofers sound great with rock or metal, and there is seriousley a lot of bass in country music with the right stereo, lol. for rap, you need a bigger speaker for the extreme amounts of movement.

2. mids, highs - kicker builds some really great component set ups - tweeter, mid, and crossover. i would recomend two tweeters up on the windshield pillars, 2 mids for the doors, probably 6". in the rear you could go 2 way or 3 way like chili said, or go with 2 more mid range or mid bass speakers.

3. amps - your setup is simple, one 4 channel amp to run everything in the car, and a seperate 1 or 2 channel to run the subs. if you run a 2 channel to the subs, you will need to bridge the amp and run the subs in series. this way, they will play together as one sub, and it will greatly increase the amp power. just make sure to get an amp capable of pushing at a lower ohm without getting to hot.

4. crossover - you can have a simple 2 way crossover installed, sending bass to your sub amp and everything else to the 4 channel. have a good dealer st this up, and DO NOT TOUCH IT AFTERWARDS, unless you really know alot about frequencies. good rule of thumb is everything over 150 hz should be directed away from the subs, preferably 120 if your mids will play down to that level.

Nothing wrong with Rockford Fosgate, but if you listen to rock you DEFINITELY Do Not want 15's.!!! (Fosgate amps are good too.)

Kickers never seemed to have enough "kick" for me.

10's are perfect for rock.

2 of them is great, but IF you want serious sound & you have the room & can afford it, you could go with 4 of them. ;D

It really depends on how much you want to spend. That will determine what kind of system you should get. (you get what you pay for, but dont go overboard)

Chili-Palmer ]

The only way to get umph is to get an amp.

check the stats of your current speakers.. they could be under powered. (probably not, but i would check before i buy anything)

Just get replacement speakers: same sizes just better quality.!

Replace all of the factory speakers, add an amp & a box in the trunk if you want.. but you may not need to. (unless you want to be THAT guy ;))

Do you have "Mach" Audio or "Mach 1000"

Looks like it says you have 6x8 in both the front doors & in the rear deck.

You dont have to buy from Crutchfield, but you can get a good idea of what will work & what is available.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JLyVigxd5hO/app/car/mycar.aspx

I WOULD BE THAT GUY.....LOL

15 INCHER -1 OHM- 6000 WATTS....OOOOHHH IT IS A BAD MATHAFUCKA

but i do respect people and turn it down at traffic light and in front of house and around kids and all that happy shit...but if some one pisses me off i swear they wont be able to hear themselves think for a couple minutes....

J-Rite ]

i'm honestly in between rock and rap, i listen to both quite often. so should i get a set of tens put in the back too?

Well im not sure what you mean by "tens put in the back too?"

too would mean also.. as if there was something else somewhere already..!?

You can put 2-10's & 2-12's, but the bigger speakers will hurt your rock sound.

Honestly 4-10's will rock your world, & still rock the car next to you with rap. ;)

Best advice ever: Just get it done right the first time.!!

I WOULD BE THAT GUY.....LOL

15 INCHER -1 OHM- 6000 WATTS....OOOOHHH IT IS A BAD MATHAFUCKA

but i do respect people and turn it down at traffic light and in front of house and around kids and all that happy shit...but if some one pisses me off i swear they wont be able to hear themselves think for a couple minutes....

What amp you runnin 1ohm stable on? and for how long?

Banshee answered it. ::)