Well J, it looks like puddy an chili answered it for me. My biggest problems with RF are the fact that they are pretty easy to blow when they are brand new. Why the hell would I want a speaker I have to "break in". I also had alot of crackling in the 12's I had. They were professionally installed too. When we disconnected the Rf's and hooked up the Kickers, there was no crackle at all.

Maybe I've just had bad luck with them, but I'll never use RF again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I might be chiming in a little late here..

but in all honesty forget about what everyone has told you so far LOL

I run 2 different boxes.

1 sealed 2x12 for when I want heavy

1 ported for 12 <-- Louder then the 2 12's

for power 1 3000.1

http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/p-30001-amplifier-comes-with-a-free-k-8000-wirekit-for-a-li-c-251-p-2-pr-16164.html

+ 1 1500.1

http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/p-15001-amplifier-sold-out-c-251-p-1-pr-16163.html

Come spring I will be switching to the new DBlock 5000.1 x 2

I run the smaller 400.4 for the comp's

With the one 12 in a ported box I hit 132 bd last car show and took first in class.

It's loud enough to puncture an ear drum LOL (Done it)

Never mix sizes of speakers tho.. if you go 12's don't add 10's Maybe a 8 up front in the console for added bump. I also watch alot of movies in the car Eclipse Nav deck. might rip it al out this spring and put a 7 channel deck in for surround sound.

I would be happy to post pics.. But the car is in Storage >:(

Nothing really sexy about a sealed carpeted box LOL

IMG_3129.jpg

I am working on a carbon fiber box. during the winter months

Head unit

IMG_0915.jpg

It is not set in properly.. I threw it in quick before I took the dremel to the inside of the dash haha

IMG_0299-2.jpg

Oh So SEXY !!!

IMG_0236-1.jpg

I also have a thing for Pontiacs..

solsticeforum.jpg

RNG187 ]

as of right now, i'm getting an 09 avalanche. BUT, i'm not 100% on this truck so if i were to find something i like better/is a better truck/makes more sense, i'd definitely switch.

coin: nothing more than 12k, limitations? well, i dont exactly have any.

If you are getting an Avalance Porting it is out of the question this is what I had in my Escalade.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694297/JL-Audio-Stealthbox.html?tp=113

But if u were getting a truck I would drop a box in the back and port the wall

CpT_NuTJoB ]

Yeah but that box is built for the best sound.. Sure you can buy the jackhammer but then you have to trust that the guy building the box knows what he is doing so you get the best sound

then ill make sure he's a GOOD professional, for something like that i'd leave jersey and go into NYC for something like this.

ok here goes,

first you are on the right step with a good deck(sterio){spelling sucks i know}.

next if you do decide to go with the big thump for speakers make sure you get a good pair. the way i had mine set up was the following

from the deck i ran rca cables to a realy good quality crossover switch(this will split all the freqs coming from the deck.) from that i sent cables to the amp that ran to 12" speakers for the base, and one set to the amp that ran the other speakers in the car(front and back speakers) this way i could seperat the mid range freqs and high freqs. you get a better balance this way.

also see if you can get a good quality fuse station. it will allow for 1 main feed line in from the battery that will feed up to 4 items off of it. this way you dont have 6-7 wires runing from your battery you only have one. you can use the same set up for all your grounding wires also.

hope this helps out. you can save alot of money if you do the wiring yourself. but if you go into a store and know what you are looking for you can save some money there also.

good luck,