Guest OMNI

Yeah.. i don't think it means anything...

Frankly, it wouldn't change gameplay at all really, just where your left thumb is... so why change it in my opinion? Sony wouldn't change it for no reason.

People like the classic Playstation controllers, it's a fact. They made some slight changes to the R2 and L2 buttons on the PS3 ones, but not a drastic change because they know people prefer them. I personally absolutely hated the Xbox because of their enormous controllers that seemed awkward in my hands.

Also, in both photos if you look carefully, they are the old model controllers, not PS3 ones, indicating they've most likely been photoshopped, or, for some reason, Sony has decided to go back to corded controlers without the button that turns the system off and activates the wireless controller.

And also, as Red stated, if the analog stick was moved, the cross where the D-Pad was wouldn't be there anymore, because the stick needs a full 360 degrees of motion for it to be, well, an analog sick.

This also indicates that both photos were probably faked. They couldn't replace the area where the D-Pad was so they had to leave it as the cross. (amateurs ;D)

Trigga47 ]

Yeah.. i don't think it means anything...

Frankly, it wouldn't change gameplay at all really, just where your left thumb is... so why change it in my opinion? Sony wouldn't change it for no reason.

People like the classic Playstation controllers, it's a fact. They made some slight changes to the R2 and L2 buttons on the PS3 ones, but not a drastic change because they know people prefer them. I personally absolutely hated the Xbox because of their enormous controllers that seemed awkward in my hands.

Also, in both photos if you look carefully, they are the old model controllers, not PS3 ones, indicating they've most likely been photoshopped, or, for some reason, Sony has decided to go back to corded controlers without the button that turns the system off and activates the wireless controller.

And also, as Red stated, if the analog stick was moved, the cross where the D-Pad was wouldn't be there anymore, because the stick needs a full 360 degrees of motion for it to be, well, an analog sick.

This also indicates that both photos were probably faked. They couldn't replace the area where the D-Pad was so they had to leave it as the cross. (amateurs ;D)

In my opinion its not the position of the analog sticks, its the surface grip. X360 controller analog sticks are indented and have little bars for more grip. I think that is what Sony should do with their controllers, IMO they better for shooters. The switching of the d-pad and left analog would make little difference for me.

I could see how this would help people with huge thumbs. When they play the thumbs touch each other and get in the way, but that seems like a rare problem and could be fixed by using the tip of the thumbs.

Also I think they need to re-vamp the R2 and L2, the aren't the greatest trigger buttons. In R6V I use R2 as my trigger and I have to push the R2 down about 3/4 of the way before the gun shoots, but I guess that is some-what realistic.

Anyone agree with the changing of the grip on analog sticks for PS3 controllers...?

This controller was talked about on Attack of the Show last night on G4. They couldn't confirm or deny this controller exists but they said it is supposed to accompany a game. The star wars: The Force game. They are calling that controller "The Force". But like I said they thought it could be photoshopped and it could be a fake.