I Am Officially Shutting Down [APC]

This will come as a shock to some. To some others, perhaps to them all good things come to an end someday.

In any case, I will be fully shutting down A Perfect Circle effective immediately. APC is ceasing to exist.

This clan has run for 5-1/2 years now. 5-1/2 years under the same name, same clan tag and same clan logo. A clan tag that symbolizes a clan name taken from a band that's no longer together. A clan logo that melds the band's logo and a logo found on a wine bottle (for those who never knew). I know that it became the clan's identity, but I always realized that it was another's identity before it was ours. We always prided ourselves in being a clan so original, so structured, so strong through these years, and yet, it was all the other clans out there that were really more original than us as they were modeled after their own original ideas. Thing is, when Merlin and I first came up with this clan name, we had NO idea, NO intention of making APC what it's become today. We just liked a band and thought the name would fit in a cool way for some stupid game we'd forget about in a month. We always thought it would only be a VERY small handful of us enjoying a weekend game and that would be it. It was BEFORE we thought about tournaments. It was BEFORE we wanted to get "tactical" in play. It was BEFORE we even remotely ever thought about getting "serious." If we knew then what we would eventually become, we might have taken a different approach in the name and anything else about our clan. Who knows.

To be honest with you, I'm sick of the clan. I'm sick of giving people a band's name when they ask me what my clan tag stands for. A LOT of that made it that much easier to come to the decision that yeah...I can retire from being the clan leader of APC and be ok with it.

So I'm shutting it all down. APC will be no more as I don't believe I will feel comfortable with anyone else doing the care-taking/running of what I spent the last five years meticulously building. What I appreciate in this decimation of longevity, history and home is the fact that I'm doing this when -I- wanted to. Not because APC was so inactive that we HAD to join another clan to create a new identity just to survive. Not because our name had become poisonous on the lips of all of ours friends and competitors. Not because we simply didn't "matter" anymore. I'm dismantling APC on my own terms without provocation from anyone or anything. As good ol' Frank would say, "I did it my way."

I'll never forget APC in all of its ups and downs. We've made friends in other clans since SOCOM I, many of whom we've outlasted into memories. We've made a few enemies, every clan (and clan leader) does. We've gone through almost EVERYTHING a clan can possibly go through in our 5-1/2 years. Clan break-offs, deaths in the family, newborns, clan rivalries, tournaments, trust, betrayals, drama and dreams come true. There's quite a few clans here who I will always remember being a part of one of our many nail-biting, late-night wars here in UF. But through it all, we always hung in there. I will never forget APC. For 5-1/2 years it was a part, an integral part, of my life. I don't know how one can lead something for 5-1/2 years and not have it be integral on different levels. It's strange, really.

In shutting down APC, I'll be saying goodbye to our forum, our website, our clan.

I want to thank both APCers present AND past, as well as every single one of the clans here at UF that have fought APC in any war dating ALL the way back to UF1: State of the Union (MAN, is that a blast from the past) for being a part of what I'd like to think was my very best and most memorable years of gaming. APC was my ONLY experience in online gaming, cla, community and tourneys. I've never been part of another. I've never been a good follower, really. I'd like to think I did a good job for my clan while I was doing it.

Now that I got that business out of the way. LOL

I'm about half-way done with my next and final clan project.

I'm shutting down APC in order to begin anew. Man, it really STILL feels weird to type that, even though we've been working on this a while now.

There's a new clan in town and it has been in the works now for about the last 2 months behind the scenes. Not even my APCers knew about it until about two weeks ago. It will be a SOCOM-only clan as we ready ourselves for the SOCOM Confrontation release this October. We're going back to the game we really love, eager to leave CoD4 behind.

I am taking on an additional 12 gunners than what I already had in APC as another clan is officially shutting its doors as of this notification. These 12 gunners will be coming from Rogue7 as Viper will also be closing shop and bringing 11 of his hand-picked members to my new clan. Viper has known about this since the beginning and kept it from his gunners during the developmental stage as well. He is a good man and has been a good leader for some years now. He's just running out of the energy and desire in leading an entire clan roster, and he just so happens to know and like the way I did things for APC all these years. I have always respected Viper as a person and player ever since I was fortunate to have met him here in Urgent Fury. He was always a leader in these parts that I secretly thought to myself "yeah, it really would be cool to share a tag with that guy." Now I get my chance. He is the type of player I wish the entire world over would be filled with. If it were, there would be a lot less BS going on publicly online and a whole lot more honest and respectful play. He doesn't just TALK honor, he lives by it. It's a rare quality, believe me.

I see this new clan lasting as long, if not longer, than APC and Rogue 7, and in SO many ways, it will be BETTER.

SO much BETTER.

So without anymore reading, if you wish, you can check us out at http://www.ravenfall.net where you can find a link to our forum (to some of you "hardcore" UF players that pay attention to the storylines of the tourneys, our new clan name may sound a little familiar to you ;) ). The website for our new clan is currently in production and should be done within a month or so. So whereas we consider our new website to be our home under construction, the forum will act as our apartment. Come on in for the house warming. There's a brand-spankin'-new clan waiting to say hello to you.

Thanks for reading and being a part of me shedding my old digs.

It's scary...believe me....but it's exciting all the same. I look forward to the future.

- Undertow

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson30 ]

WOW, won't be the same without those APC tags here.

Ya know, I thought the same thing. Then I spent a week wearing my new [RVN] tags. I gotta tell ya, Im feeling this mang. ;D

We are the same clan, just more focused and with new blood. You guys will see soon enough.

forest42 ]

i have a whole new respect for you Mr. Undertow. i wish you the best of luck, and many years of fun. i'm sure i will still see you around here.

Well THANK you.

Believe me.....it's scary. LOL

Just plain scary.

And yeah....you'll probably still see me around here at UF. LOL

Guest KingJunk
Daniel751 ]

so is uf still going to be running? and good luck in the new clan, i know you guys will do well.

From what I have heard and read APC was not UF, but just another clan like you and I who played here at UF, so I guess UF will remain the same just without APC tags floting around :'(

KingJunk ]
Daniel751 ]

so is uf still going to be running? and good luck in the new clan, i know you guys will do well.

From what I have heard and read APC was not UF, but just another clan like you and I who played here at UF, so I guess UF will remain the same just without APC tags floting around :'(

That's correct.

APC WAS just another clan here in UF.

Urgent Fury is Sniper, myself and the brave souls who help out in the Staff and Ranger capacities....and we have never envisioned an "end" to UF. Are you CRAZY?! LOL

Ravenfall is just my new clan. However, it's by my design....not the name of a band, which is a HUGE relief to me after all these years. Really.

And Ravenfall, as I noted above, comes right from the pages of the UF storylines along with Black Sands and all the other Black Ops units we've put together in the UF stories. Ravenfall is just going to become the living, breathing embodiment of the Black Ops team involved in the UF stories....and you'd better believe, everyone in this new clan is held to the UF standard to the "T."

You should already know I would not have it any other way. Sniper and I would not put a UF name onto a clan that would do any less.

And thanks to all those above for the well-wishes.

Undertow ]

That's correct.

Urgent Fury is Sniper, myself and the brave souls who help out in the Staff and Ranger capacities....and we have never envisioned an "end" to UF. Are you CRAZY?! LOL

Ravenfall is just my new clan. However, it's by my design....not the name of a band, which is a HUGE relief to me after all these years. Really.

And Ravenfall, as I noted above, comes right from the pages of the UF storylines along with Black Sands and all the other Black Ops units we've put together in the UF stories. Ravenfall is just going to become the living, breathing embodiment of the Black Ops team involved in the UF stories....and you'd better believe, everyone in this new clan is held to the UF standard to the "T."

You should already know I would not have it any other way. Sniper and I would not put a UF name onto a clan that would do any less.

Good stuff man, that actually explains things a lot more.

Rage75 ]
Undertow ]

That's correct.

YUP!

Undertow ]
Rage75 ]
Undertow ]

That's correct.

YUP!

Now answer my PM damnit ! LOL