From a Biblical standpoint...

Not trying to preach but here are some Bible events that relate to haunting, ghosts, and visits by the spirits of dead people. There are only a few incidents in the Bible that deal with the living actually having contact with a "dead" person.

a) In 1 Samuel 28:7-19, King Saul seeks a woman with a familiar spirit (demon) to inquire of Samuel about what to do. That she actually manages to communicate with the dead shocks her (v. 12) indicating that it did not previously happen. :o

B) In Matthew 17:1-8, Peter, James and John see Moses and Elijah with Jesus for a brief period of time.

c) In Luke 16:19-31, Jesus tells the story of the rich man and Lazarus. In this story we learn that there are two compartments for the dead until the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11f.). Also in the story, the rich man asks for Lazarus to be sent back to warn the living. Abraham says it would do no good because if they will not believe God's written Word, they will not believe though one should rise from the dead.

From the above three passages of Scripture, we can possibly conclude that there are compartments in which the spirits of the dead dwell for now and that while there are a few instances in which God allowed interaction between the living and the dead, those situations were very rare and not nearly as common as contact between people and angelic beings. Also Luke 16:27-31 would indicate that no human spirits are allowed to return to visit the living without permission, and if permission is not granted for the purpose of warning people to flee from the wrath to come, it would not be given for trifling reasons.

Thought this might be good info based on the questioned posed. Take it for what you will. ;)

lol do you have more from the old testament?

I know that according to the Kaballah, originally the Zohar, there is a whole mysticisim regarding ghosts and spirits. There is a whole detailed list on how the Evil Eye is attracted TO you, and how the spirits enter and do harm to you. A lot of it is the basis of Karma, as, say, causing the evil eye on someone will eventually have their focus turn on you, etc etc...Too much to get into, but it is really interesting.

Because of learning about it...I can't leave a glass of water by my bedside table, for risk of taking a sip in the morning lol Quick example - if you do so, the spirits get in the water during the night and lay in ambush, waiting for you to take the water into your body!

I love talking about topics like this, makes people think and question long held belief systems! ;D

Demons or spirits are a whole other category... ;) According to the Bible there are instances in which evil angels (demons) are recorded as interacting with people. And they are able to manipulate physical things as well. In Job 1:12-19, they manipulate people to do evil; they cause fire from the sky to consume herds of sheep; they cause a wind to blow down the house in which Job's children were staying. In the gospels, a number of instances are recorded of demons possessing people (Matthew 8:16,28; 9:32-33; 12:24; 15:22; 17:18; etc.) In these incidents, and several others, the manifestation of the demon possession involved some physical ailment (muteness, epilepsy, blindness, and sometimes supernatural strength). They also possessed the pigs before they ran into the waters and drowned in Mt. 8:28.

The Bible doesn't say anything about the "Evil Eye" but I'm sure the above activity could be construed as such. :o

Im glad somebody just brought this post up. I JUST(literally just) got back from Tombstone Arizona. For the Paranormal interested people here, the BirdCage Theatre in Tombstone is known to be one of the most haunted places ON EARTH. This place had the longest poker game played here(over 3 years) and is where Doc Holiday, and the Earps loved to gamble. I wanted to do the "night tour" last night but it was 15 dollars more. The day tour was still amazing. I have pictures on my friends camera that I must put on my computer and see if I found anything.

Here is the Ghost Hunters Episode there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbdvud1VBg Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlgt5hWtwI&feature=related Part II

I love this shit

D_dubYa ]

Im glad somebody just brought this post up. I JUST(literally just) got back from Tombstone Arizona. For the Paranormal interested people here, the BirdCage Theatre in Tombstone is known to be one of the most haunted places ON EARTH. This place had the longest poker game played here(over 3 years) and is where Doc Holiday, and the Earps loved to gamble. I wanted to do the "night tour" last night but it was 15 dollars more. The day tour was still amazing. I have pictures on my friends camera that I must put on my computer and see if I found anything.

Here is the Ghost Hunters Episode there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbdvud1VBg Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlgt5hWtwI&feature=related Part II

I love this shit

i always wanted to go there some day. have you ever been to the queen elizabeth?

there is a bridge in the county my parents' live in...a covered bridge (what else, right?). Well, if you drive onto it and park in neutral you're supposed to drift backwards.

I shit you guys not, I did this in high school. Sure enough, 12:01AM, we started drifting backwards...after sitting there for 5 mins with no movement. Creepy

Pathogen- ]

there is a bridge in the county my parents' live in...a covered bridge (what else, right?). Well, if you drive onto it and park in neutral you're supposed to drift backwards.

I shit you guys not, I did this in high school. Sure enough, 12:01AM, we started drifting backwards...after sitting there for 5 mins with no movement. Creepy

lol, ohh man that reminded me, in puerto rico there is the myth of LA LLORONA, which is of a lady that cries exactly at 12 am, so while we were sleeping, my cousin and i decided to pull a prank on our other cousin who had shaved our eyebrows clean off. So while they slept we grabbed a bunch of white sheets baby powder and we put it on our face and well at midnight we started making crying sounds and stuff and i decided to get some ketchup pour it on my hand and smear it on the window, second i did that my cousin crapped her pants(literally took a shit on her pants), of course she was 18 and beat the fuck out of us the next day.

Pathogen- ]

I'm going to suggest that the backseat "action" had something to do with it, whether there was someone back there or not... ;D

lol actually, we were in the front seat. It was one of those "lets do it for a thrill" things, and yeah...definitely beats the department store fitting rooms...its all dark and silent, pitch black around you because the bridge is original and not lit...add that to the stories...we were pretty freaked out, was hard to get turned on. And THEN the car starts moving. Her scream made me half deaf I think lol

hmm apparently the bridge ISN'T original, as it was rebuilt..and I had no idea about the girl being etched in the bridge and such

ocation: (Jerusalem Covered Bridge)

Ghost Name(s):

Description: This bridge is known as the Jerusalem Covered Bridge, the Joppa Old Wooden Bridge and the Jerrico Covered Bridge. The Bridge crosses the Gunpowder Falls. The directions to get to the bridge are take RT 1 north to Kingsville, turn right on Jerusalem Road and then cross Gunpowder Falls and then turn right onto Jericho Road. The bridge was built between 1850 and 1860. The bridge had to be rebuilt in 1970 because it was in bad condition. This bridge has a history of being haunted and a rich history from our past. The bridge is haunted by a number of different ghosts. Run away slaves used to be hung from the rafters of this bridge and their ghostly spirits still haunt the area. People driving up to the bridge have seen bodies hanging from the rafters. There is an old woman who also haunts this bridge. People report seeing a ghostly apparition of an old lady, who is carrying a basket walking on this bridge around midnight. People reported that when they start approaches the old lady they get a warm feeling and they have the need to talk to the old lady. People like the feeling that they get when they see the old woman. When they try to approach the lady to talk with her she just disappears right in front of their faces. There is another story about a young girl who haunts this bridge and this story goes back a hundred years. A man was going to market with his wares and he had his young daughter traveling with him. They were traveling in a covered wagon. It was night time and the young girl was asleep in back of the wagon. The father left a lantern burning for the young girl so that she would not be afraid When the wagon when over the wooded covered bridge, the lantern fell over. The little girl's clothes caught on fire and she burned to death. This story is very old and no one can trace the history. The legend says that people etched the little girl=s face on the bridge to remember her. The proof of this story was taken down with the old bridge. The bridge had to be rebuilt and the little girl's picture was taken down with the old bridge. The little girl ghostly apparition has been seen on the bridge ever since.