OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

The President submits a budget, Congress spends the money. Keep that in mind.

Romney was my guy because I felt he would continue to fight the War on Terrorism and he is a successful businessman which is something I felt the country needs most at this time.

Clinton wouldn't have been out of the question, I didn't care for his politics, but the economy was very good during the President Clinton years and he would have helped his wife with the economy. I would have considered her but the War on Terrorism is my primary concern, economy is second.

Obama was never an option, and the list is long. I will summarize with just 3 points. 1) He hasn't done anything, he has no record of accomplishing anything. 2) He talks of hope and change and offers no specifics. 3) He's a shameless liar and flip flopper. Even he doesn't know what he stands for.

Which leaves McCain, long record of voting against wasteful spending. Has crossed party lines to get things done. Is and has been against pork (additional spending) attached to bills from Congress. McCain is a warrior and doesn't believe in surrender for America, especially to Al Queda. Has warned us about Putin and the Russians as early as 4 years ago. Backs things he believes in, even when they are terribly unpopular, such as the Surge in Iraq as the most recent example.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red, I didn't realize you were looking for a response. ;D

Let me say this before giving you what I have found to be true about Obama. I'm not here to sway your vote. It's YOUR responsibility to know where the candidates stand. Not mine to tell you. The information you seek is out there. I've personally read both of McCain's books and both of Obama's books to realyl understand them. I've gone to both of their web sites to see where they stand on issues. I believe it's a cop out to say, "where does he stand". You aren't paying attention if you don't know.

That being said, and I don't mean that to sound the way it probably does, being that its written on a forum. I like you and am enjoying the discussion. I'm positive you and I could relate and agree on many points. When I'm talking about new and fresh ideas for government this is what I mean...

First off he is for getting RID OF cooperate lobbyist and has done the most then any candidate so far during the election. They have NOT funded his campaign and will not own the white house when he's there. Unlike other candidates, he refuses to accept campaign contributions from PACs and Washington lobbyists. Obama also has reached across the aisle and challenged leaders of both parties to pass historic ethics reforms both in Washington and Springfield, IL. Obama will close the revolving door between the executive branch and K-Street lobbying shops. Obama’s appointees will serve the American people, not their own financial interests.

Obama will increase transparency so that ordinary Americans can understand their government and trust

that their money is well spent. He will end Wasteful No-Bid Contracts and clean up government contracting and end the abuse of no-bid contracts. He's also got an awesome plan for clean energy and not just drilling for more oil. LOL I believe he has proven he has skills with working with other leaders and they like him. The government of Iraq said they liked Obama's plan and came all but short of telling him they look forward to working with him. He was RIGHT on this ridiculous debacle and unjust war in Iraq. He said we should still be in Afanastan and actually be IN Pakistan. I agree. Bin Laden isn't in Iraq. LOL Any ways, that's enough to chew on. I'm getting tired of writing now. Take a look at his blueprint is you are seriously intersted. It's solid and what this country needs IMO...

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

Oh and it's sweet to see he's winning here.. at least for now.

The big problem for me right now is that there's too much finger pointing and mudslinging going on, and while I realize that is typical in politics, there is more this year than normal. There's so much in fact, that the issues are being ignored or brushed aside. To be honest, I don't think Iraq is a major issue. The reason is that neither one of them is going to pull out until a stable government and military is in place. Obama can say what he wants, but the truth is that we've invested too much with regard to time, money, and lives to just leave before the job is done. These guys need to do more to address security, housing, social security, and healthcare. I think those are the big four and these guys need to address them more. It's going to be one hell of an election though. These guys are even in the polls right now with a couple of rumors circulating that Colin Powell is being thought of for McCain's VP.

As far as Ralph Nader goes, he's already blamed for Gore losing to Bush in 2000. He'll just end up being the scapegoat again if he runs and McCain wins.

Here's what makes up my mind. I am an avid hunter and outdoors man. Obama thinks that NOONE in America should own a weapon. Why is that? Because of gun crimes he says? I'm not sure the exact statistic, but I know that a vast MAJORITY of gun crimes are committed by guns which are illegally owned and/or obtained. Obama wants to strip law abiding and people who have never committed a single crime of their 2nd amendment rights, which in my mind will further promote gun violence.

Another ludicrous law that Obama said he would support is the prosecution of a gun owner whose gun was involved in a crime. This means that if someone's house was broken into and their guns were stolen he would support the prosecution of the gun owner for crimes thereafter committed with that weapon. That's just awful. I lock all my guns in a safe and I suggest anyone who owns a gun go that route, but safes are very expensive and today's society can't afford to spend $2,000+ on a safe. I know I certainly cannot anymore with the way the economy has been in the last year plus.

These guys need to do more to address security, housing, social security, and healthcare. I think those are the big four

I really don't care about the health care issueor social security. Every year they say they are going to do something about it, Every year they don't.....

I feel our energy problems are a bigger issue. I mean we import over 70% of our oil. Its a fucking security risk, period.

No one wants to take it head on. It's too tough. Well no one but this guy that is....

http://www.pickensplan.com/

Too bad he's not running for president.

t-boone-pickens-703730.jpg

WARPIG ]

Obama will increase transparency so that ordinary Americans can understand their government and trust

that their money is well spent. He will end Wasteful No-Bid Contracts and clean up government contracting and end the abuse of no-bid contracts.

Obama won't allow tranparencies about his own friendships, such as U.S. terrorist William Ayers or convicted felon Tony Rezko, just to name two. Anyone really expect him to be transparent once he's in the White House? They won't even allow Michelle Obama's senior thesis from college to be public knowledge, not that I think what she thought in college is a campaign issue this year, but it demonstrates the Obama level of secrecy.

McCain is the one who stood up in the last 24 months oppossing no bid contracts, Obama was silent and so was the rest of the Senate on that issue.

Well, I won't even respond to the issue of him knowing two dudes back in College that he hung out with. That's just silly to me. Obama has not been silent and has authored bills and amendments that effect no bid contracts.

Obama with his Amendment to Stop No-Bid Contracts for Gulf Coast Recovery and Reconstruction, and also being very vocal about the no bid contracts over in Iraq I think constitute not being silent. JMO.

OMNI ]
These guys need to do more to address security, housing, social security, and healthcare. I think those are the big four

I really don't care about the health care issueor social security. Every year they say they are going to do something about it, Every year they don't.....

That's exactly why it needs to be addressed. Every couple of months you get that nice paper from the Social Security Administration that breaks down your benefits. "If you retire at age 65, then your benefits will be xxx." If they don't do something about social security, you won't be getting anything regardless of what that paper tells you because there won't be any money.

As far as health care, I've seen how much money my family has had to fork over for different health issues that weren't covered adequately. Personally, I could care less because I'm military so my wife, kids, and I all get free health care. But for many people, it is a major issue.

I hear you, yet you complete skipped my point. Our energy issues are a problem NOW. A BIG problem NOW. It's relevant to our national security AND our economy. Now becuase of economic globalization, these two things go hand in hand. The Saudis and OPEC have a plan in place to drive up costs over the next decade in an effort to siphon over 10 TRILLION dollars out of our economy and dump it in theirs. That's trillion with a T. I think this is far more pressing of an issue. And to be honest, I don't count on SS being there when I am old enough to get it. I look at it like a tax at this point.

T. Boone Pickens for president!

WARPIG ]

Obama with his Amendment to Stop No-Bid Contracts for Gulf Coast Recovery and Reconstruction, and also being very vocal about the no bid contracts over in Iraq I think constitute not being silent. JMO.

No-bid government contracting hmm I am a government contractor and have been for since 2002. The companies I have worked for has never been awarded a contract without bidding against other companies. It is illegal for the government to even do such a thing. Now before I was government contractor I was a US Marine hell we couldn't purchase anything without having at least 3 open source cost prospects for that item and one hell of a justification to boot. Headquarters Marine Corps MARCORSYSCOM has to do the same thing to just to get contractors to work for them. All jobs must be bid upon it's the law period, with the exception to your example.

Now I address the example: what I don't understand is Obama is applauded for trying to Stop No-Bid contracts on the Gulf Coast Recovery and Reconstruction. Well there is a brilliant plan F' all the Americans that were devastated with Hurricane Katrina, thats real hey I care about our people attitude. The no-contract was to get aid and support to Americans as quickly as possible after their lives were destroyed. Granted it was abused by many who saw it as easy money but that wasn't the reason for it. Yes and now it should be stopped because if there still with out food and water and shelter there probably dead.

His tax breaks that he talks about ::) I live in Illinois my colon hasn't been right since I moved here.

Just my take on this I am an Independent here I want what is best for America not for any one individual. I think were fucked either way but 'we must move on'.

I think what might be the scariest thing about this is that we have 9 people who say "they don't vote". i hope that's only because you guys are to young to do so. Part of the reason our leaders are so piss poor is because a huge percentage of our population are uneducated and generally, "just don't give a fuck".

OMNI ]

I think what might be the scariest thing about this is that we have 9 people who say "they don't vote". i hope that's only because you guys are to young to do so. Part of the reason our leaders are so piss poor is because a huge percentage of our population are uneducated and generally, "just don't give a fuck".

That is the truth right there, buddy. Although I do think that the shennanegins of the last few elections have a small part in people not voting. On top of that all the mudslinging someone metioned earlier has people confused about what really is important. I personally think that the IQ level on this board is well above that of the typical american. If no one spells it out plainly for alot of people they don't have a clue, so they don't bother with it all. It's a damn shame is what it is.

I still want some of you guys as my friends, but I'm voting for Obama. I have read all the books, did all my research, just so that it is known that I 'know' what I'm doing. Nevermind the avatar or any photoshopping that I have posted. I think that those images are funny, and has no reflection on my life-making decisions...

BigMoneyNacku ]
OMNI ]

That is the truth right there, buddy. Although I do think that the shennanegins of the last few elections have a small part in people not voting. On top of that all the mudslinging someone metioned earlier has people confused about what really is important. I personally think that the IQ level on this board is well above that of the typical american. If no one spells it out plainly for alot of people they don't have a clue, so they don't bother with it all. It's a damn shame is what it is.

I guess I'm one of the uneducated people who don't give a fuck. ::) I don't vote because in some states believe it or not your vote really doesn't matter. There is matter that I vote on but this isn't one of them. My vote in this state really doesn't matter. Now who I vote for in the other races matter to me. The people who are representing my vote is who I vote for. So out of the 9 people here is one of them. ::)

Guest M16Assassin

I am an Independent all the way. I hate both majority parties! I think McCain is a decent choice but someething about him worries me and I'm not a right-leaning guy in anyway except the death penalty. Obama will most likely be my choice. I don't agree with all of his platforms but I think it would be nice to switch up the normalities we've come to know in the white house. These last 8 years have been terrible so I can't imagine either candidate could mess up any worse. But speaking as a completely tolerant white person I would LOVE to see a black president. All the racist rednecks would be so mad it would be great. Although I do fear for Obama's life if he becomes president because Rednecks are more dangerous than Metrosexuals.

CritiKiL ]

I still want some of you guys as my friends, but I'm voting for Obama.

The fact that you participate in the democratic process is more important than who you vote for. I won't personally smear or demean anyone because of who they choose to vote for. I have my choice for reasons I feel strongly about because I have done my homework. I would hope everyone does that. I have sent e-mails to the candidate I have chosen to support discussing things that I disagree with him about. I think everyone should do that too.

Another Obama tidbit, has not once in his 3 year U.S. Senate career voted against party lines. If you are a Democrat and believe in their policies, then you are probably OK with that.

If you vote for Obama, your really not voting for him. your voting for the VP. How long do you think Obama would be in office before assassination attempts(and possibly succeed)? its pointless, plus, I feel that democratic presidents are very hypocritical. Republicans lie and Democrats are hypocrits. Its a lose lose, so Ill just vote for McCain because he actually supports his troops, the only reason Obama even looks at troops is because he has to.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i am not going to get into WHO i am voting for...my question is this - ARE THESE SERIOUSLEY OUR FUCKING CANTIDATES FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA??? i am so utterly amazed that these our the choices we have. is this really the cream of the crop?

xPUDDYTATx ]

i am not going to get into WHO i am voting for...my question is this - ARE THESE SERIOUSLEY OUR FUCKING CANTIDATES FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA??? i am so utterly amazed that these our the choices we have. is this really the cream of the crop?

I agree with you. Also just on a side note. Do any of you guys vote for anything else but President? You know MOST real life issues/problems are solved by the officials of your state. Like Governors,Senators,Mayors etc. Presidents dont have the most control on your life. A President wont really lower your state taxes but your state officials can.

xPUDDYTATx ]

I can see that LAST year, but I'm biased. I think that Obama will actually come thru on 65% of his promises, so.......That beats the shit out of Bush's track record. :-\

MaluNYMets ]
xPUDDYTATx ]

I agree with you. Also just on a side note. Do any of you guys vote for anything else but President? You know MOST real life issues/problems are solved by the officials of your state. Like Governors,Senators,Mayors etc. Presidents dont have the most control on your life. A President wont really lower your state taxes but your state officials can.

I vote every election. Some crazy people slip in locally by just a few votes all the time.