OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

SouthwoodS ]
CDBS14 ]
J-Rite ]

its NOT on how much they can sell' date=' but how FAST they can increase the prices, and i know you're only 16 but those spikes in prices crippled our middle and lower class.

[/quote']

im 16 and i get that, lol. Also it is true that it is against the contitution to go against companies, just to put this out there, some of you might know it or not, BUSH OWN TEXACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya i get it to.

Deutscher75 ]
SouthwoodS ]

Deutscher75 thanks for the educating me. but your last statement in which you said we should mind our business. So your saying that if you next door neighbor is killing innocent people or doing something bad you wont do something about it? Its the same thing but on a bigger scale. You see where im coming from? not trying to get into and argument.

I'd call the police if my neighbor was killing someone' date=' until he stepped on my property that is, cause then I have a Mauser that would greet him at the property line. BUT on a world stage, there's a reason why NATO and the UN exist. Iraq isn't our neighbor either, they're on the other side of the world from us and operate on a completely different value system then we do.

I believe in fixing our problems at home and having a closed door policy until they are fixed, then and only then should we OFFER our assistance to parts of the world that need it WHEN we can and not when we THINK we should. 9 times out of 10, we're not wanted where we go. If half a million people or more kill each other somewhere else in the world, then so be it, religion's never had a problem with doing it before.

George Carlin once made a true statement before, there has been more death and killing in the name of God then there has been for any other reason.

[/quote']

So you think that the USA should of never been involved in WW1 or 2. And i know Iraq isnt are neighbor but they are apart of OUR world, OUR earth. NO ONE should die innocently by a evil dictator.

We shouldn't have been, I'm glad they did get involved even though during the first world war the U.S. really didn't do squat except fund the war. WWII we were attacked and drug into the damn war by an opponent of 3 nations not just 1. As far as the first world war, a ship got blown up and some American citizens died, so we declared war, damn if only that had happened every time another citizen got killed by another nation...oh shit it's been happening from the very beginning and guess what? Throughout the course of history a majority of other nations other than those directly involved, DON'T get involved.

And yes they are part of the world we live in, but it is not our responsibility to get involved. There is a reason why the people of a nation rise against their governments, form civil war, take over their governments and restructure them (America for example). It's because they get tired of dealing with tyranny and malicious rule. Trust me Saddam had those people broken, you can only kick a dog so many times before it bites back, it has always been inevitable and I'm pretty sure it would continue that way as the Iraqi people would eventually retaliate. If they don't it's their own damn fault for allowing a man of such tyrannical rule to control them. He may have had some military power, but they say a person who fights with Nationalism and pride for themselves, is the strongest soldier a person can ever fight.

Just because they are a part of our world doesn't give us the right to interfere, there's a reason why nations have borders.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad some brought up the assassination thing. It was bugging me when some where so flippit about mentioning it but I held off on saying anything. My 16 year old kid who I see on weekends said the same thing one weekend recently when we were talking about politics. It really surprised me. Where would he get such a notion? "If we vote for Obama... he'll just get assassinated"... this from a 16 year old. Does no one see how negative this thinking is?

I believe words equal power and have energy in everything we say. You may not be FOR it, to happen... but what you are doing is giving it energy to keep carrying on. You see, I think when you keep saying things like that and it keeps carry on, it will arrive to some guy... maybe reading this very forums and he says to himself, "hmmm... everyone seems to think it's going to happen, why don't I help it along" It's not "just reality"... you guys are making it a reality when you keep talking about IMO. Any ways, just my thoughts. ;D

Deutscher75 ]

And my opinion about terrorism is we should kick it's ass when it crosses our doorstep' date=' but we don't belong in the rest of the world's business. I'm not anti-America but I do believe we should mind our own damn business.

[/quote']

So we just sit back and wait to be attacked right? So we just sit back and wait for another 9/11? And I guess we should also wait and wait until Iran gets a nuclear weapon and launches a nuke at Israel, but thats not our doorstep so I guess you would wait until they launch one at us? Sorry just trying to understand your point. I don't want to be attacked at all. I dont want us to wait until Americans are killed. I dont want to wait until we have Terrorists running down our own streets blowing shit up. I would rather stop it over there than see it out my own window here.

ARAS_ScoField ]
Deutscher75 ]

And my opinion about terrorism is we should kick it's ass when it crosses our doorstep' date=' but we don't belong in the rest of the world's business. I'm not anti-America but I do believe we should mind our own damn business.

[/quote']

So we just sit back and wait to be attacked right? So we just sit back and wait for another 9/11? And I guess we should also wait and wait until Iran gets a nuclear weapon and launches a nuke at Israel, but thats not our doorstep so I guess you would wait until they launch one at us? Sorry just trying to understand your point. I don't want to be attacked at all. I dont want us to wait until Americans are killed. I dont want to wait until we have Terrorists running down our own streets blowing shit up. I would rather stop it over there than see it out my own window here.

thats the thing, you have the US out of world affairs and there is a big chance the world goes into many problems, if we stay on world affairs we are imperialists and conquerors, if we go isolationist, we are pussies and selfish fucks because we don't want to help the world, either way people in other nations will stay hate us.lol

PLEASE JUST VOTE NO DISCUSSIONS .....(but it doesnt matter if you post ???)

this is just so i can see where the uf community stands...if yiou think i shouldnt have posted politics stuff then just vote and please dont bash me)

there is another topic somewhere else that you can post about the election.....

peace :)

PLEASE JUST VOTE NO DISCUSSIONS .....(but it doesnt matter if you post ???)

this is just so i can see where the uf community stands...if yiou think i shouldnt have posted politics stuff then just vote and please dont bash me)

there is another topic somewhere else that you can post about the election.....

so much for just a poll....

.good shit fella's having fun reading it all....and i think its good thier is some younger peeps chiming in they will be able to vote someday.......

just remember you can argue any point to an extent...bring something up and someone will find an arguement /disscusion .......and hell they might even change your mind on thoughts....

"THE 'AUDACITY', OF HIPOCRACY":

When an 'Experienced' Elect, criticizes another Elect for being 'Inexperienced'...yet hires an Inexperienced Goverenor of only 1 + (less than 2!) years, of a population of ONLY 9,000 individuals to run the entire US, should something (God, forbid!), happen to him. He Just, Doesn't 'Get it!' That is Hipocracy, in its 'finest form...and he has 'balls' to even try to pull it over our shoulders!

His 'best' arguement, is now nullified for the sake of trying to change his gameplan, and appeal to people for the sake of more votes. I still say that he had 'balls' to go to 'Memphis' (the 'exact spot, where Dr. King was killed), AFTER REPEATED votes against making GLK a national holiday...'JUST TO GET VOTES'. After 'years' of voting against it, why did he suddenly 'FLOP-FLIP' (I want to differentiate 'his' flops, from Obamas, so I refer to 'McCains' as 'flop-flips' and Obama has his 'flip-flops' ~ lol!) Thats like shooting your neighbors pet birds, then coming to their neighborhood barbecue! ~ He Just, doesn't 'Get it!' lol

This is not to try and change anyones minds. There are too many situations that can be brought up about both of these Elects. I'm looking to see this post as, 'the longest post of the UF Community!' I'm just adding my posts in here, for this marvelous-to-come moment in our UF History! lmao

BTW: That DNC was the most viewed, over those watching the 'Opening Ceremony of the Olympics in Beijing', 'Final of American Idol', or the 'Academy Awards' this year! 85,000 in attendance, and over 38 million viewers? People sure want to hear about his message of 'Change'. 'THIS POLL', and these statistics don't lie...

ARAS_ScoField ]
Deutscher75 ]

[/quote']

90% of terrorism against the United States has been because we don't mind our own business and that's FACT. If we have closed borders, mind our own damn business, and kick the shit out of anyone who enters our neck of the woods, we'd be fine. What was the only reason England and Spain were attacked? Because they supported the U.S. sent troops and money to Iraq and the middle east and the terrorists where pretty much like, hey if you want a piece of the cake, we're gonna fuck with you too until you learn the lesson not to bother us.

Do you want anybody coming into your household and "having control" over your family issues? Fuck no you don't, so why the hell would it be an intelligent thing to go into someone else's nation and try to control them and their issues? That's why they're angry, that and because our bombs kill their innocent children. And what does the U.S. say about it? Ooops collateral damage! Fuck that, the Germans support the U.S. but not on a large scale, they pretty much just agree with the U.S. being in the middle east, they won't fuck around there because A) they have a HUGE Muslim population and B) They don't get involved anymore. SMART THINKING.

If we close oursleves off and other nations want to think we're "stuck up snobs" then so be it, at least we wouldn't be involved in their affairs, wasting OUR tax dollars to fix their shit, and they wouldn't be trying to blow our cities and citizens up either.

It's simple, get the hell our of everywhere in the world except where we are wanted and just leave everyone alone! The economy would get better, trade would be better, quality of life would be better, and people from foreign nations would most likely NOT have a problem with Americans.

CritiKiL ]

"THE 'AUDACITY', OF HIPOCRACY":

When an 'Experienced' Elect, criticizes another Elect for being 'Inexperienced'...yet hires an Inexperienced Goverenor of only 1 + (less than 2!) years, of a population of ONLY 9,000 individuals to run the entire US, should something (God, forbid!), happen to him. He Just, Doesn't 'Get it!' That is Hipocracy, in its 'finest form...and he has 'balls' to even try to pull it over our shoulders!

His 'best' arguement, is now nullified for the sake of trying to change his gameplan, and appeal to people for the sake of more votes. I still say that he had 'balls' to go to 'Memphis' (the 'exact spot, where Dr. King was killed), AFTER REPEATED votes against making GLK a national holiday...'JUST TO GET VOTES'. After 'years' of voting against it, why did he suddenly 'FLOP-FLIP' (I want to differentiate 'his' flops, from Obamas, so I refer to 'McCains' as 'flop-flips' and Obama has his 'flip-flops' ~ lol!) Thats like shooting your neighbors pet birds, then coming to their neighborhood barbecue! ~ He Just, doesn't 'Get it!' lol

This is not to try and change anyones minds. There are too many situations that can be brought up about both of these Elects. I'm looking to see this post as, 'the longest post of the UF Community!' I'm just adding my posts in here, for this marvelous-to-come moment in our UF History! lmao

BTW: That DNC was the most viewed, over those watching the 'Opening Ceremony of the Olympics in Beijing', 'Final of American Idol', or the 'Academy Awards' this year! 85,000 in attendance, and over 38 million viewers? People sure want to hear about his message of 'Change'. 'THIS POLL', and these statistics don't lie...

You seems to not notice that the governor McCain picked as VP has more experience than Obama which is on the TOP of the ticket. How can you trust a guy that has ZERO experience but not trust someone that has more experience and is a VP? Plus that DNC acceptance speech was nothing special. Its like watching the Broncos (Boring). He says change but can't back it up. And the 2008 Beijing Opening Ceromony was way cooler and more spectacular than a repeat of every other accpetance speech.

Southwood, I'm not going to start a flaming war here but you should really step back and look at what your saying... from your opening statement basically putting everyone down who is not voting for the guy you like to your unsubstantiated charges that Obama has no experience. You have not done your research and are bringing nothing but Bill O'riely and Glen Beck talking points. You aren't looking at facts, but getting caught up in the emotion of politics. Paulin does NOT have more experience. LOL It's just silly to say that and is very telling of your experience in the political areana. Please do some more reading. Just trying to help you out.

Oh, and for the record... over 38 MILLION... that's 38 MILLION watched Obama's speech. More then watched American Idol's finals and more then watched the Olympics. ;)

Deutscher75 ]
ARAS_ScoField ]
Deutscher75 ]

[/quote']

90% of terrorism against the United States has been because we don't mind our own business and that's FACT. If we have closed borders, mind our own damn business, and kick the shit out of anyone who enters our neck of the woods, we'd be fine. What was the only reason England and Spain were attacked? Because they supported the U.S. sent troops and money to Iraq and the middle east and the terrorists where pretty much like, hey if you want a piece of the cake, we're gonna fuck with you too until you learn the lesson not to bother us.

Do you want anybody coming into your household and "having control" over your family issues? Fuck no you don't, so why the hell would it be an intelligent thing to go into someone else's nation and try to control them and their issues? That's why they're angry, that and because our bombs kill their innocent children. And what does the U.S. say about it? Ooops collateral damage! Fuck that, the Germans support the U.S. but not on a large scale, they pretty much just agree with the U.S. being in the middle east, they won't fuck around there because A) they have a HUGE Muslim population and B) They don't get involved anymore. SMART THINKING.

If we close oursleves off and other nations want to think we're "stuck up snobs" then so be it, at least we wouldn't be involved in their affairs, wasting OUR tax dollars to fix their shit, and they wouldn't be trying to blow our cities and citizens up either.

It's simple, get the hell our of everywhere in the world except where we are wanted and just leave everyone alone! The economy would get better, trade would be better, quality of life would be better, and people from foreign nations would most likely NOT have a problem with Americans.

damn dawwg

i stopped reading your post half way and suprised no one jumped on your ass..

U sound like a fucking terrorist supporter maybe you need to live in russia or something and you cant compare us to germany or however you stated what you said ...but you are saying let the world go fucking nuts....you are crazy!!!

the reason no one else does anythihng is becuase they dont have the fucking might and people like us in the U.S.A to help out across the world......OUR BOMBS KILL PEOPLE ALL OVER BUT SADDAMS AND OSAMA'S would kill anyone of us for any fucking reason they could think of the world needs policing and the usa does it.. ITS A DIRTY JOB BUT OUR TROOPS HAVE BEEN HOLDING THIS WORLD TOGETHER FOR A LONG TIME AND TO HAVE YOU SAY WHAT YOU SAY KIND OF PISSES ME OFF AND I DO TAKE IT A LITTLE PERSONAL

NEXT.........some one take it from here gotta go smoke ;)

Deutscher75 ]

I'm just a very big believer in closed door policy' date=' I see more benefits to it then policing the world. If the rest of the world wants to blow itself to shit then let em at it I say. As long as American people are safe and sound at home that's all I care about.

[/quote']THATS WHY I LOVE YA.

you know me and i know you..

i just think the world is crazy and the only way we are safe is to fight them elsewhere(kind of like highschool- you wouldnt let the little nerds get picked on because the got an instrumentin their hands. you would help that little nerd out.(i hope) ;D )

and dont worry some day we will be picking up arms next to eachother fighting off some one lets just hope it isnt another american ;D

Deutscher75 ]

I'm just a very big believer in closed door policy' date=' I see more benefits to it then policing the world. If the rest of the world wants to blow itself to shit then let em at it I say. As long as American people are safe and sound at home that's all I care about.

[/quote']

i completely agree with you, if there was a candidate who believed in classic, traditional isolationism he/she would have my vote, full support, and as much money as i could afford to give that person. if we can do that, cut our international humanitarian spending, we could probably get rid of our 10 trillion dollar debt withing 2-4 years. but not one person has the balls to do that.

Deutscher75 ]

[/quote']

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, that statement sounds almost selfish. We've been Policing the World for a long time now, and it is the reason a lot of foreign people look up to us and respect us. Policing the World is the first step to protecting ourselves. It's like having a bad neighbor (I know this analogy was used before). If you're bad neighbor is killing your other neighbors, I think it would be best to put him down before he even has a chance to come to your house and kill a family member. I know that "if he steps on your lawn, then you can just push him back off". Well, what if he attacks you at night (or unexpectedly in the World scale)? I respect your opinion, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start an argument with you, I'm just saying that in my honest opinion, we need to keep on Policing this World.

We do not need to be policing the world whatsoever. There is a group made up of over 150 countries worldwide that have the job of that. Its called the United Nations. We need to back off and push for UN involvement in all of this. We NEVER should have gone into Iraq without UN approval.

Southwoods.

Why dont you do some research and check out different opinions rather than spout the GoP talking, points. You seemed to have been brainwashed by Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Mike Reagan, & the likes of them. Makes me glad kids cant vote, they are too easily influenced with out asking Why?.... Here's a little piece of advice. Learn to think for yourself, Learn to ask why, & reserch the hell out of topics and look objectively at all points of veiw... Or you can just follow the GOP or DNC heard.

While I am encouraged to see those too young to vote interested in American politics. It's discouraging to see others talking down to them because the youngster's views don't fall in line with some people.

Fact is, and it's undisputable, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and the New York times is in the tank for the Obama ticket. DailyKos.com is a hard left wing site that is frequently cruel and inaccurate.

At least FoxNews routinely gives both sides of an issue to tell their story. Ever hear of the show Hannity and Colmes? Ever watch Bill O'Rielly? Almost every talking point has oppossing guests to discuss the point.

The advice about thinking for yourself was sound. Check and verify for yourself, and when it's time for you to vote, vote for what you believe in and don't be influenced by anyone.

I must disagree on the whole fox news being fair and balanced.....LoL... Bill O'reily bullies his guest that disagree him, or just cuts off thier mic. Hanity is the same way and Colmes does nothing. Fox is anything but fair and balanced, or accurate for that matter They have done more than thier fair share as a weapon or mass DISTRACTION. And thats cool. They should advertise as such, cause free thinking people see right through it. Too bad the rest of the sheep are blind.

Sorry Rev, but you are off the mark. I've seen O'Reilly cut off one mic, on a guest who wouldn't allow the other guest to speak. Calling people sheep doesn't help either. I would be extremely interested in a civil discussion on the differences of the Presidential tickets and the biased reporting of news by the main stream media. But calling people names or insuiating that they are being led around by the nose is never the answer.

On the 101st site where I have a 8 month and 9 page political discussion going, I end almost every post with the same advice, be informed and vote.

I'm informed, I'm going to vote, and I am definately no sheep. I'm interested in a discussion on the issues in the hopes that I would inform potential voters of things they may not know who make their decision on how to vote from the 30 second campaign ad's from the candidates. I'll try not to suggest how one should vote, only that they be informed and vote.