OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

It's nice to see history revisionist at work. Not one person was fired for the biggest gaff and lapse of security that happen on your boys watch. You explain to me how that's right? Not ONE. Clinton caught the first attackers of the trade towers... what's your boy done? I believe his exact words were... "I'm not so concerned anymore about Bin Laden" We have had many attacks through out every administration, (go figure... with our policies) how about when Regan turned tailed and ran? America is great my friend and I would stand next to you and fight for our freedoms and this great country. But I won't blindly support our government when they are wrong. That's NOT being a patriot. I patriot supports his country all the time and his government when they deserve it. I've read most of the 9/11 commission and it says no where that its Clinton's fault. Give me a break. Condi WAS in charge of handing off reports that said, there is going to be an attack. They are going to fly planes into buildings! They knew and did nothing about it. Period. I love Conlin Powell and feel sorry that he was used as a pawn in all this. I would still support him probably as prez too.

Bottom line is the Bush doctrine is dangerous and reckless, and is why we are in the shape we are today. I'll let that speak for itself. Bush has not only been asleep at the wheel but has done his best to destroy the very document that made this country. OUR constitution. I don't hate the man anymore, more like feel sorry for him. He was used by all his daddy's cronies and war criminals who have poisoned our government. I would have no problem at all having a public hanging in the white house lawn with Chenney, Remsfled and Wolfiwitz being the stars! (oh, throw Rove in there too!) I think that'd be a great start to pay back for the damage they've done up to now. Having 4 more years of this brand of republican will be the absolute end of what we have known to be america. I sure hope america will be smarter this time and not let another 2000 happen or I fear a full blown civil war.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look. Theres only 3 other things that bother me the most 'over' the actual attacks of 9/11:

1) We had ample warnings an Intel, which the Repubican Admin clearly and arrogantly chose to ignore! It is 'Intel', when 'RICE' and 'BUSH' have documents that say, 'They're going to 'fly planes into our buildings!'

2) 'They used our own shit', to attack us! They brought 'no weapons', they used 'US against US'.

a) Our immigrant admission was unable to catch people coming in 'other areas', like Canada and New Mexico.

B) Nobody questioned why immigrants wanted to learn to fly crop-dusters, when they themselves had no farms.

c) They used 'US against US'. ~ No wonder, they call us 'Embecilles'...we don't heed the 'warnings'.

3) And 'please', don't forget that they tried to destroy the WTC many times before (remember the 'car bomb' in the underground carlot?). ~ (warning! Hello?)

And 'this' is just ONE situation during the 8 year rule of the Repubicans ADMIN! There are soo many other blunders and allowances that cause the Country to continue to suffer. I'm not saying that a Democratic Admin will be any better, but I 'am saying' that the 'Repubs' have had enough trys, to no avail.

I keep hearing the question of, 'What Change?' ~ The facts that we need change, are all in our History books NOW! It's time for a new Administration, that's it!

I just want to chime in again and state my opinion. Everyone thinks the President controls all of the United States. Well he doesn't. He does appoint some people who control different departments. But to BLAME the whole countries problems on the President is pretty ignorant. Why don't you blame some of the respresentatives of YOUR STATE who are in congress who actually HAVE THE POWER to VETO a lot of bills or even propose bills. A lot of the economic problems are Congress delaying a lot of bills or not coming up with them in the first place.

Let me guess you believe President Clinton magically made the economy better a day after the election? If you look at ANY economic REPORT the economy was SOARING before Clinton even got elected. Who were the democrats in the past that have done good? The last Democrat before Clinton was Jimmy Carter where the country went through one of the worst times in its history. Do you really want to go back further?

You can't compare Al Gore to Clinton you can't compare McCain to Bush. All of them are different people. You know why McCain wasn't selected in 00? The Republicans wanted a CONSERVATIVE candidate not a person to reach across the isles. We need change which means going against your party. McCain has gone against his own party, Palin has gone against her own party. What has Obama done?

It is better to kick ass than get our asses kicked..........I love that shit......Good shit. Who cares if the shithole countries around the world hate us. The US is nowhere near perfect but way better than any of those bs countries that so called "hate us". Mccain is the lesser of 2 evils, and believe me all politicians are evil corrupt liars. Hell, this Country was built by traitors.

HogWild ]
KillerV ]

The only reason he picked a woman is to give the party a chance of winning. If he would have picked some old white guy that knowbody knows it would have already been over with Obama having a sweeping victory.

Yeaaa riiiight. It couldn't have possibly have nothing to do with the fact that she's a sitting Governor of a state with a 80% approval rating. Governor that has a record fighting corruption in government. A record of being fiscally responsible. A record of reducing taxes on taxpayers. A record of fighting wasteful spending by the government.

Man.....You just DONT know...I am to drunk to respond intellegently right now...But you seem to buy into the right wing propaganda pretty good.....Dont forget I live in Alaska, and as far as Southeast Alaska goes.... The only people that love Palin are the lower 48 repubs that have no clue who she is or what she is really about. I'm not gonna let this die, I'll come back when I am in a better state of mind.... ;)

-REVEREND- ]

Man.....You just DONT know...I am to drunk to respond intellegently right now...But you seem to buy into the right wing propaganda pretty good.....Dont forget I live in Alaska, and as far as Southeast Alaska goes.... The only people that love Palin are the lower 48 repubs that have no clue who she is or what she is really about. I'm not gonna let this die, I'll come back when I am in a better state of mind.... ;)

You better yet? Enlighten us on Palin please?!

Yea Rev, once you sober up, explain why Governor Palin has a 80% approval rating from Alaskan's.

Then you can explain why Obama got himself into a debate as to who has the most experience, him or Palin. Then go on to explain why Obama keeps saying he will debate McCain "anytime, anyplace" but has so far refused at least 10 invitations from McCain to debate. Obama is only going to do the 3 debates that election laws require him to do, so explain why the Democratic candidate is so afraid to debate McCain.

First, Obama does have more experience then Palin and he was just confirming that. No debate there. Secondly, to my knowledge of what I've seen or read Obama never said "anytime, any place"... but that he looks forward to that debate. Obama is smart and is not going to let McCain dictate what he does or where he debates. Why would you go to a stacked audience Rove event that would favor McCain. He is doing exactly what he should. Go to the non-partisan debates with the sponsored debates. And lastly, I don't believe the Dems are afraid of anything the repubs could possibly give them. Quite the opposite, McCain's campaign keeps throwing non-issues out there and does not want to talk about what really matters right now in America. They are afraid if America starts thinking about how we got into this mess we are in right now... Johnny Mac is dead in the water.

WARPIG ]

Quite the opposite, McCain's campaign keeps throwing non-issues out there and does not want to talk about what really matters right now in America. They are afraid if America starts thinking about how we got into this mess we are in right now... Johnny Mac is dead in the water.

Which is why it's up to the American people to keep bringing the issues up to McCain who's campaign keeps trying his houdini "let's talk about everything else unimportant" shit, which is really getting on my nerves. He won't change shit, he's gonna get in office, adjust things so they work how he wants them to and he's going to continue putting us in debt and keep is in war.

Obama 08 baby and NOT looking back. Perhaps someday I'll regret my decision, but I guarantee that more of McCain's supporters will regret it if they vote for him and he gets into office. You're pissed about how our country is falling apart now? Just let the Republicans have hold on to it for another 4-8 years and then see.

WARPIG ]

First, Obama does have more experience then Palin and he was just confirming that. No debate there.

But there is a debate over experience. And Obama has been pariticpating in it, downplaying the Governor's own experience in a effort to bolster his own thin experience resume.

And it's a weak arguement, Bill Clinton was a Governor with zero foriegn policy experience, and so was Jimmy Carter. So it's OK for a Democratic Governor or a 3 year US Senator to be President, but it's out of line for a Republican Governor to be Vice President?

But Obama has that "judgement" thing going for him, doesn't he?

He has so much judgement, that he passed on a candidate to be his VP that garnered 18 million votes on her own. If Obama had been experienced enough he would have realized that asking Clinton to be VP would have pretty much locked up the election for the Dem's during the announcement ceremony. And what did he just do? He had to go with hat in hand back to "Daddy" Clinton for help. You know, the same Clinton the Obama campaign mocked by playing "Addicted to Love" after President Clinton gave his speech at the Democratic Convention. I don't even like Clinton and I thought that was a low class thing to do to a former President.

Everyone is free to make up their own mind, but if Obama can get a no brainer such as who he should have chosen for VP wrong, then the possiblities of mis-steps by the "Duh 1" is going to be mind numbing. Even Joe Biden admitted at a townhall meeting that Hillary was a better VP choice than he was:

;D

And again, Obama has refused every debate invitation McCain has presented. Obama hasn't invited McCain to debate him, he just keeps saying "anytime, anywhere", but hasn't. Soon he won't have a choice as to debate or not.

Please point us to this quote. He said, "I welcome that debate". And his judgment is sound on his pick. Hillary is NOT change. He IS the candidate of change. It would be too much of a controversial ticket to have a woman AND a african american. You know that and I know it.

Biden said that because of who McCain picked dude. You really don't get that? LOL Biden is an honest and upfront guy and said that knowing what everyone knows NOW. LOL

As for any Clinton controversy... I don't see it. Obama does need them, as any candidate would on the Dem side. The Clintons ARE the Dem party right now. Hillary is not the right choice and you have proven the Repub thinking and why McCain picked Palin. You think someone should be picked cause it will get you elected. Obama wants the right person. Big difference there my friend. ;)

I prefer this video. It sums it up best! LOL

It's like a bad Disney movie!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

Obama DOES NOT have more experience then palin. What has Obama done? He sat in an office for how many months and did nothing? He didn't push or support any major legislation. He voted, boy that takes talent. Instead of being a lame duck that got lucky with a great speech a couple years ago, Palin did things in her state to put them ahead. She has been revered as the best Governor in the nation. Cut ear marks and the most worthless use of money( bridge to no where). Not to mention brought in revenue to her state. She identified corruption and hedged it at the pass.

I think it is funny that we are comparing a vice presidential candidate to a presidential candidate. Palin is bringing balance to the ticket. She talks tough and looks like she backs it up. I don't think I will regret that.

You guys can keep saying all you want, but facts speak louder then your words guys. ;D

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/gop_convention_spin_part_ii.html

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/sep/01/drilling-down-palins-record/

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/election_2008/archive/2008/09/10/palin-records-show-she-billed-state-for-questionable-personal-expenses.aspx

She and the McCain campaighn are down right lying about her record. You all are drinking the koolaid again.

WARPIG ]

Please point us to this quote. He said, "I welcome that debate". And his judgment is sound on his pick. Hillary is NOT change. He IS the candidate of change. It would be too much of a controversial ticket to have a woman AND a african american. You know that and I know it.

WarPig, we keep coming back around to the same points because of statements like the above.

Hillary isn't change, but 35 year serving US Senator Joe Biden is? Who's drinking the Kool Aid now?

Who said a African American man and a caucasion woman would be a controversial ticket? No one on the Republican side has every suggested such a thing. So where do you get this impression? Oh wait, I remember, during the Democratic Primaries a candidates race and sex were made into political talking points by the Democratic candidates/campaign staff.

And about your Matt Damon youtube commentary, the reason Matt Damon is part of the Hollywood blissfully ignorant crowd:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/273243.php

Matt Damon, Genius The Website that Created The "Sarah Palin Quotes" Even Identified Them as Parodies That Had Been Made Up Very Smart Sophisticate Fell for the Obvious Goof, Too

So Matt Damon can't tell the difference between real and parody? Well, at least he has an Oscar.

Ok Warpig then just answer this. If the democrats aren't scared of debating? Why is Obama rejecting all these debates? Anyone in the world knows McCain is one of the best town hall type debaters and in general a pretty good debater. If Obama isn't scared about debating or the democrats why doesn't he just debate? Like Hog said he only wants to debate to the 3 the law makes him to? I don't think we need a leader that is scared to have his flaws revealed.

You want to see some Obama videos how about you watch these guys?

Obama thinks we have 59 states.. he has visited 57! lol -

Obama with out his TelePrompter -

What Joe Biden thinks of Indians - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1vDlfxr-e4

Obama is the most honest person in the world -

What does Joe Biden think of Obama and McCain? -

'HogWild': Warpig didn't say that an 'Black Man' and a 'Caucasian Woman' would be a source of controversy. But the 'First Black Man' and a 'Woman VP Nominee' would! (keyword being: a 'Female', and a 'Blackman') ~ It would be too much of a 'Shock Value', having both, on the same Ticket. ;D

As far as 'Palin' is concerned, She's a WMD (Weapon of Mass Distraction), and nothing more. It is the 'same ole tactics and strategies 'typical' of Repubs to pull the curtain over the REAL ISSUES that this Administration has caused the country to suffer for the last 8 years...NOW, they want to help fix everything after 8 years of doing NOTHING? They wait until someone like Obama, started pointing out their inability to be in touch with the problems of the world, but the truth is out now, so the Repubs drop a WMD on us, thinking we all will just have amnesia from the last 8 years...NOT!

Old Charlie Gibson lifted the curtain again, and "gave the type of interview that McCain should have done on the 'first day' that he met her"! Things need to be thought out and not done on someone's 'gut feelings' about issues. We are in Iran when we should have been following the Terrorists...because of someone's 'gut feelings'! Mr. Gibsons interview was a 'classic' display of her unreadiness for the position offer, that she's been handed. How can you 'not know' about the BUSH DOCTRINE! And even if you know about it, how can you think that you alone, have the power to attack another nation in the face of an imminent threat? 'That', is what the UN is for! You have to have (and USE) ALL Intelligence that is supplied.

There are many 'real-world' cenarios and complexities, that have to be considered. When Mr. Gibson asked Palin about '[the prospect of]' an Israeli attack on Iranian Nuclear facilities. 'Governor of Distraction Palin' just kept saying (3 times or so), that 'The US should not be 'second-guessing the situation'? WHAT???? ~ Of course we should! Infact we DO! ~ everywhere from the locations of settlements...to the actual 'sales of military equipment'! For example, if Israel wanted to attack Iran, do you think that a President or VP of the US would permit Israeli Forces to freely fly through US-Controlled Airspace? She's clearly out of her league, and acts as though she knows and can do it all. McMain is the same way. Our 'over arrogance' in situations requiring strategic decisions are just 'not part of' what we need.

"NO PRESIDENT, HAS ANY RIGHT...TO RESPOND PREEMPTIVELY IN THE FACE OF AN IMMINENT THREAT, WITHOUT WEIGHING THE SITUATION(S) 'FIRST'!"

BTW: I like these YouTube videos on Obama. It shows how the SMALL scrutiny that 'Palin' is getting is 'nothing' compared to how unfairly Obama has been under the knife! ~ And no one can find anything bad about Obama, so they use people who have been in his PAST associations? ;) These videos are more deployment of 'Distraction'...to take away from all the important things he says in between the 'uhs'! lol

Thanks for reminding us how 'Palin is getting away with murder'!

Hog, I don't know where you're from but america as a whole would NOT be ready to have both of those first on a ticket! You know that and I know it. So please. ::)

Obama is NOT going to have McCain dictate when and where they will debate. Period. That's political suicide, especially when you have Rove helping run your campaign. LMAO! (no telling how he'd stack that audience) That's like when Bush, opps I mean McCain kept asking Obama to come with him to Iraq. You guys really don't see that? If I follow you, then I look like I'm being lead by you and you're in charge. That ain't happening with Obama. He's the leader here and will dictate when HE wants to debate. It will happen soon enough, and McCain will get schooled by the younger, smarter candidate.

I'm not a Matt Damon fan, but thought he was spot on with his assessment of Palin. It IS like a bad Disney movie. :D

How do you know what America will and won't vote for WarPig? I think you are taking a pretty cynical view of America. I do really believe if Obama had picked Clinton that this election would have already be decided and nothing McCain could have done or said would have changed that.

You keep circling the same answer. Obama is the one who said he would debate McCain "anytime, anywhere" and so far has refused to debate McCain. So what do you call a person who say's one thing and does another? Isn't that a LIAR? If you don't want to keep talking about it, then you should stop bringing it up in the conversation. I'll even help by changing the subject, let's kick around Obama's Iraq position.

Obama will pull our troops out of Iraq responsibly regardless of what conditions are on the ground. With the end really within sight of a complete and total victory in every sense of the word, Obama wants to withdrawl. In the Democratic debates, Obama did say "As President, I do reserve the right to send troops back into Iraq if necessary". So, when military deaths are very low, complete victory is within grasp, Obama is going to pull out. But if things goes south in Iraq, Obama reserves the right to throw our military back into a meat grinder of a conflict where casualties will be high to finish a job he wouldn't allow them to finish in the first place?

Talk about inexperience in forgien policy and military matters.

On the issue of the "BUSH DOCTRINE". I admit I was also at a loss when Charles Gibson brought it up in the Palin interview, and I even deployed to Operation Iraqi Freedom under the "Bush Doctrine". The term Bush Doctrine is a media nickname for our national security doctrine, which used to be the US will not attack unless attacked first, then after 9-11 was changed to what it is now, to be proactive in preventing attacks and take action when necessary, and has been modifed twice more since it's inception. So in fact it was a trick question. But hey, he got her, no whining from me, at least she didn't say "that's above my pay grade" or shrug his shoulders and say "what can I say?".

HogWild ]

...With the end really within sight of a complete and total victory in every sense of the word, Obama wants to withdrawl. ????

Are you serious? If there was even a 'remote idea' of the end being in sight...then why did McCain quote that we would be there 'for even 100 years if necessary?' That fact that the 'surge(s)' worked, was pure coincidence in the since that 'no one', could have predicted it would have worked the way it did. 'Within Sight?' ~ Not.