OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

100 years is an Obama lie.

McCain said that it was possible that we could maintain a presence in Iraq like we do in South Korea, Japan, and Germany, a permanent duty station. NOT to fight the war another 100 years as Obama has said McCain wants to do.

I would hope they don't make a permanent base over there, it would be a crappy duty station for the military members. And according to the Iraqi government, as they take over more and more, they want us out of their country, and I'm most definately OK with that.

What I don't want, is to leave he job unfinished and have to go back and do it all over again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HogWild ]

McCain said that it was possible that we could maintain a presence in Iraq like we do in South Korea, Japan, and Germany, a permanent duty station. NOT to fight the war another 100 years as Obama has said McCain wants to do.

I would hope they don't make a permanent base over there, it would be a crappy duty station for the military members. And according to the Iraqi government, as they take over more and more, they want us out of their country, and I'm most definately OK with that.

What I don't want, is to leave he job unfinished and have to go back and do it all over again.

then bush's father should have finished it along time ago.

Hog, you talk a good talk. I haven't circled around any questions. I answered you clearly. You still have yet to show me that quote? "anytime, anywhere" Obama said, he looks forward to THAT debate. He will do it on HIS timeline, not yours... McCain's or anyone elses. Period.

You and I view this illegal war in Iraq very differently... as does 80% of america. We want out! Enough! Our good men and woman are dying for nothing! You know how sick and tired I am of waking in the morning to hear another 3 or 9 or 15 of our troops died today. As long as we continue to have a footprint over in the middle east, we will have ppl dying senselessly for nothing. Now if you talk about actually fighting terrorist and finding Bin over in Afganistan and Pakistan... then I'm on board.

Oh, and MCain said it. Obama lied about nothing man. Here's one of those great town hall meetings where he said it. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk

CritiKiL ]

'HogWild': Warpig didn't say that an 'Black Man' and a 'Caucasian Woman' would be a source of controversy. But the 'First Black Man' and a 'Woman VP Nominee' would! (keyword being: a 'Female', and a 'Blackman') ~ It would be too much of a 'Shock Value', having both, on the same Ticket. ;D

As far as 'Palin' is concerned, She's a WMD (Weapon of Mass Distraction), and nothing more. It is the 'same ole tactics and strategies 'typical' of Repubs to pull the curtain over the REAL ISSUES that this Administration has caused the country to suffer for the last 8 years...NOW, they want to help fix everything after 8 years of doing NOTHING? They wait until someone like Obama, started pointing out their inability to be in touch with the problems of the world, but the truth is out now, so the Repubs drop a WMD on us, thinking we all will just have amnesia from the last 8 years...NOT!

Really out of touch? What is Obama talking about? He doesn't want to tap our own natural resources. He would rather tax everyone and spend more. His windfall tax is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. But what the republican ticket is actually talking about straightening up our won government. Make it smaller not bigger. WMD that is funny, because the whole primary was a complete circus. All they talked about was super delegates, no one gave their policies and somehow Obama with barely any experience beat Clinton with actual (feet on the ground) experience. Not my choice but better then the Marxist.

CritiKiL ]

Old Charlie Gibson lifted the curtain again, and "gave the type of interview that McCain should have done on the 'first day' that he met her"! Things need to be thought out and not done on someone's 'gut feelings' about issues. We are in Iran when we should have been following the Terrorists...because of someone's 'gut feelings'! Mr. Gibsons interview was a 'classic' display of her unreadiness for the position offer, that she's been handed. How can you 'not know' about the BUSH DOCTRINE! And even if you know about it, how can you think that you alone, have the power to attack another nation in the face of an imminent threat? 'That', is what the UN is for! You have to have (and USE) ALL Intelligence that is supplied.

There are many 'real-world' cenarios and complexities, that have to be considered. When Mr. Gibson asked Palin about '[the prospect of]' an Israeli attack on Iranian Nuclear facilities. 'Governor of Distraction Palin' just kept saying (3 times or so), that 'The US should not be 'second-guessing the situation'? WHAT???? ~ Of course we should! Infact we DO! ~ everywhere from the locations of settlements...to the actual 'sales of military equipment'! For example, if Israel wanted to attack Iran, do you think that a President or VP of the US would permit Israeli Forces to freely fly through US-Controlled Airspace? She's clearly out of her league, and acts as though she knows and can do it all. McMain is the same way. Our 'over arrogance' in situations requiring strategic decisions are just 'not part of' what we need.

OMG you said the UN. How about we talk about another incompetent group of people. Boy let President Ahmadinejad talk before the whole UN after he talks about ridding the earth of the Infidel. The Zionist pigs he refers to as Israel. And she is right, we have been second guessing them for TOO long. They want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. What is unfortunate is that the Iranian people DO NOT. The Iranian President is completely insane and needs to be dealt with.

CritiKiL ]

"NO PRESIDENT, HAS ANY RIGHT...TO RESPOND PREEMPTIVELY IN THE FACE OF AN IMMINENT THREAT, WITHOUT WEIGHING THE SITUATION(S) 'FIRST'!"

Do you really think that would happen? How long did it take for us to resond to 9/11. Too long IMO Being the President of the free world is the most important and stressful job that anyone can have. You really think we would just start bombing people without thinking about the casualties. Boy oh Boy you are narrow minded. I at least want someone who has made executive decisions and been on the ground to see those type of people die needlessly for the cause. Obama would instead go meet with these tyrants, say nice words about them and then watch them tear our country apart. I don't want to be diplomatic with people who hate everything about Americans and the American way. We already have seen how well that went with Saudi Arabia.

You sure know a lot about what Obama will do. LOL You got a crystal ball or something? We've had leaders from both parties say what Obama has suggested is right. And NOOOWww even the Bush admin is doing the same things that Obama has been saying all along.

Ever heard the sang, keep your friends close to you and your enemies even closer? Obama is a smart guy and knows what he's doing. Enough of this good ol boy mentality. China owns us finically, our economy is in the craper and we are spread so thin militarily because of a ridiculous, unjust war in Iraq. ENOUGH!

If this shit keeps up, you won't have to worry about a terrorist, it's going to be ME taking it to the streets!!!!

Ok... I'm calm now. Sorry for the outburst. ;D

HogWild ]

OK WarPig, since my word doesn't seem to be enough:

Is that enough, or did the Republican's force him to say that?

That's fine. That's all I was asking for. I still think he's smart to NOT fall into a Rove/Bush trap with a loaded room full of McCain supporters booing him or something. I'm comfortable with the 3 or 4 debates they will have. Town Hall meetings suck anyways IMO. Don't worry, you'll see them debate.

HogWild ]
WARPIG ]

Oh, and MCain said it. Obama lied about nothing man. Here's one of those great town hall meetings where he said it. ;)

Listen to what he said, not what you think he said, but what he said. "Maintain a presence" is not fighting a war as Obama has quoted him as saying.

BS... You know what he said is he will fight them for a hundred years dude. Enough already. I love how you can spin all this. You got to work on the O'Riely factor or something. LOL 8)

I mean, you really want to start pulling out gems from McCain's gaffs? How bout the things he can't even get straight?

WARPIG ]

You sure know a lot about what Obama will do. LOL You got a crystal ball or something? We've had leaders from both parties say what Obama has suggested is right. And NOOOWww even the Bush admin is doing the same things that Obama has been saying all along.

Ever heard the sang, keep your friends close to you and your enemies even closer? Obama is a smart guy and knows what he's doing. Enough of this good ol boy mentality. China owns us finically, our economy is in the craper and we are spread so thin militarily because of a ridiculous, unjust war in Iraq. ENOUGH!

If this shit keeps up, you won't have to worry about a terrorist, it's going to be ME taking it to the streets!!!!

No reason to get upset. I'm not upset.

You asked me to provide proof that Obama declared he would debate McCain "anytime, anywhere", and I did, since my word wasn't good enough.

Instead of admitting that I was right and you were wrong, I get that ^^^^^ (quoted).

Bush is not doing what Obama suggested, earlier I called Obama's plan "withdrawl" but really it's a surrender to al Queda. The end game was always to have a secure Iraq that could defend it's self before leaving. It's happening, that is what's going on, and I for one am thrilled about it. But McCain won't set a deadline, he will finish and then leave, so that we never have to go back and finish at a later date.

So what's it going to be WarPig, you going admit that Obama is a liar or at the very least admit Obama is afraid to debate McCain? Or sacrifice your integrity to make a political point?

HogWild ]

Another example of the unbiased media:

http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/bad_americans/the_atlantic_mo.php

Anyone feel free to display such a hit job on Obama, with the caveat that it wasn't started by a Democrat, it has to be a Republican who did it.

the camera angle in the picture on the cover, disgusting. makes mccain's face look plastic, kinda funny though LOL

Red0ctobeR ]

But what the republican ticket is actually talking about straightening up our won government. Make it smaller not bigger. WMD that is funny, because the whole primary was a complete circus.

Red, any chance you can give me a couple links or something to this planned policy by the Republican party or McCain or whoever's policy to downsize the Fed? I'd like to read this material and I can't find any links or I'm just blind cause I'm not seeing it.

I doubt the Fed can be downsized, with the huge increase and projected growth of the Justice System, I feel that the Federal Government is only going to become larger; along with their control. I doubt the Republicans can reverse that since they are pushing "anti-terrorism" on law enforcement so much and the Justice system continues to expand at a massive rate especially at the Federal level and that factor (Increased size in Justice System) alone has always been the cause to governments becoming larger, with more control, throughout history.

HogWild ]

This has already been answered, that it was McCain himself that I was quoting. But I have another point to make about what he said about the "100 years PRESENCE". In the end, he says words, "AS LONG AS..."

Please, 'PLEASE' LISTEN TO McCAINS WORDS COMPLETELY:

"...AS LONG AS AMERICANS, AS LONG...AS AMERICANS, ARE NOT BEING INJURED OR HARMED OR WOUNDED OR KILLED..."

...So, IMO that means that he was for the presence, and since we've had 1,000's of Americans 'injured, harmed, wounded and killed'...then he TOO, should be for us pulling out. But HE LIED, as you can clearly hear!

Red0ctobeR ]

But what the republican ticket is actually talking about straightening up our won government. Make it smaller not bigger. WMD that is funny, because the whole primary was a complete circus.

Red, any chance you can give me a couple links or something to this planned policy by the Republican party or McCain or whoever's policy to downsize the Fed? I'd like to read this material and I can't find any links or I'm just blind cause I'm not seeing it.

I doubt the Fed can be downsized, with the huge increase and projected growth of the Justice System, I feel that the Federal Government is only going to become larger; along with their control. I doubt the Republicans can reverse that since they are pushing "anti-terrorism" on law enforcement so much and the Justice system continues to expand at a massive rate especially at the Federal level and that factor (Increased size in Justice System) alone has always been the cause to governments becoming larger, with more control, throughout history.

Right here pal something to get you started: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/cb15a056-ac87-485d-a64d-82989bdc948c.htm off his own website.

It is about decreasing spending and working our own resources. Which is capitalism. Get the economy growing and reap the benefits from it. Russia did something pretty outrageous lately, flat tax and tapping natural resources. Probably the biggest turnaround in economic history. If only America would follow their example. THE ONE example we should look into.

I am sorry but I DON"T need the government telling me how to run my business. The democratic ticket has already given its examples of how it will run things. The fairness doctrine, socialized healthcare and even the latest bailing out of mortgage companies is WAY too far. These people fucked up and the government bails them out. That is ridiculous, then I have to pay for their mistake. Luckily I got out of the interest rate I was in before the market collapsed.

HogWild ]
WARPIG ]

No reason to get upset. I'm not upset.

You asked me to provide proof that Obama declared he would debate McCain "anytime, anywhere", and I did, since my word wasn't good enough.

Instead of admitting that I was right and you were wrong, I get that ^^^^^ (quoted).

Bush is not doing what Obama suggested, earlier I called Obama's plan "withdrawl" but really it's a surrender to al Queda. The end game was always to have a secure Iraq that could defend it's self before leaving. It's happening, that is what's going on, and I for one am thrilled about it. But McCain won't set a deadline, he will finish and then leave, so that we never have to go back and finish at a later date.

So what's it going to be WarPig, you going admit that Obama is a liar or at the very least admit Obama is afraid to debate McCain? Or sacrifice your integrity to make a political point?

What are you talking about? LOL My integrity? Give me a break. I'm only admitting that Obama is smarter then Rove and all his lackeys to do shit on McCain's timeline. They will debate. That's the bottom line. You crack me up man. *Tough guy voice* Obama's scared! Look he's scared! LOL You can't seriously believe that?

The Bush admin IS doing what Obama has said to do all along. Also the Iraqi government has said that they like Obama's plan and think it's more sound. I'm very happy and confident where were headed with Obama. We just need to make sure the repubs don't try and steal another one. ;)

Red0ctobeR ]

Right here pal something to get you started: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/cb15a056-ac87-485d-a64d-82989bdc948c.htm off his own website.

First of all thanks Red!

Second of all...FUCK! I'm torn :(

Pork Barrel spending is something I hate unless it's sole purpose is for education or military.

Under Obama he has no plan to stop it, in fact he'd probably continue it.

McCain's policy is very plausible to happen, but will he do it if elected? Is it one of those few things he'd "not have the time to attend to" during his Presidency? ???

I need to do more reading...damn it

Here's part of Obama's plan.

Shine the Light on Federal Contracts, Tax Breaks and Earmarks

Create a Public “Contracts and Influence†Database:

As president, Obama will create a "contracts and influence" database that will disclose how much federal contractors spend on lobbying, and what contracts they are getting and how well they complete them.

Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny:

Barack Obama will ensure that any tax breaks for corporate recipients — or tax earmarks — are also publicly available on the Internet in an easily searchable format.

End Abuse of No-Bid Contracts:

Barack Obama will end abuse of no-bid contracts by requiring that nearly all contract orders over $25,000 be competitively awarded.

Sunlight Before Signing:

Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.

Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending:

Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

Please read his whole blueprint before going and voting. It's important that we get it right this time.

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

WARPIG ]

We'll it's good to see here at these forums that ppl don't see it that way. Obama still holds a 6 point lead over McCain. ;)

I'm suprised it's that close, Obama has the 18 to 30 year old voting block locked up, just like most Democrats usually do, and while I am just guessing, I would say a majority of the viewership of this forums falls into that age block. I'm not implying anything by that, I was 18 to 30 myself once, and I had a heck of a good time while I was there too. It's just a statistcal fact, and for this election looking at the poll numbers a fact now as well, young people leaning Democrat.

So about 100 votes cast here and McCain is down by only 6, yes that is suprising to me. Plus, once you vote on the forums, you can't change your vote. How many learned something that they weren't previously aware of that may cause them to do a little more investigating and possibly change their mind? What will they learn in the next 50 days? What happens when Chicken Little... uh er I mean Obama finally has to face McCain in a debate?