OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

Obama and the financial meltdown from the Wall Street Journal:

Finally, on the matter of deregulation and the financial crisis, Sen. Obama should consider his own complicity in the failure of Congress to adopt legislation that might have prevented the subprime meltdown.

In the summer of 2005, a bill emerged from the Senate Banking Committee that considerably tightened regulations on Fannie and Freddie, including controls over their capital and their ability to hold portfolios of mortgages or mortgage-backed securities. All the Republicans voted for the bill in committee; all the Democrats voted against it. To get the bill to a vote in the Senate, a few Democratic votes were necessary to limit debate. This was a time for the leadership Sen. Obama says he can offer, but neither he nor any other Democrat stepped forward.

Instead, by his own account, Mr. Obama wrote a letter to the Treasury Secretary, allegedly putting himself on record that subprime loans were dangerous and had to be dealt with. This is revealing; if true, it indicates Sen. Obama knew there was a problem with subprime lending -- but was unwilling to confront his own party by pressing for legislation to control it. As a demonstration of character and leadership capacity, it bears a strong resemblance to something else in Sen. Obama's past: voting present.

Simply stated, words and not actions are Obama's forte.

Verify for yourself, be informed, and vote.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the video:

http://perfunction.typepad.com/perfunction/2008/10/video-obama-mocks-joe-the-plumber-crowd-laughs.html

And who are you fighting for Obama?

So far we know you don't like people in Pennsylvania who "cling to their gun's and religion". Now you think a guy making a honest living as a plumber is someone to be scoffed at?

What profession is he going to scoff next?

HogWild ]

Watch the video:

http://perfunction.typepad.com/perfunction/2008/10/video-obama-mocks-joe-the-plumber-crowd-laughs.html

And who are you fighting for Obama?

So far we know you don't like people in Pennsylvania who "cling to their gun's and religion". Now you think a guy making a honest living as a plumber is someone to be scoffed at?

What profession is he going to scoff next?

I saw that earlier today, what a DICK.

Brown_Mustang ]

I saw that earlier today, what a DICK.

Yea, it really brings it home doesn't it?

Taking into consideration what I said a few posts ago:

"If Obama doesn't give a darn about his own half brother or Grandmother, do you really believe he gives a darn about YOU?"

Makes me look like a prophet of some sort maybe? Nope, just informed. Poor character traits can't be hidden forever. We just got ANOTHER good look at how Obama feels about the working class in this country. IF YOU make an HONEST LIVING and think for yourself, you are an enemy of a Obama Administration. If you want to rely on the government for your well being, then Obama is YOUR guy.

Be informed, verify for yourself, and vote.

Red0ctobeR ]

LEt us all understand Palin did EVERYTHING within the laws that are present. She did nothing illegal, besides get a dirtbag OUT of uniform.

I quit posting on this thread long ago...But I cant let you spout lies.... It was found that Palin DID in fact abuse her power... She DID NOT get rid of a dirtbag out of uniform..Trooper Wooten is still a cop. She did however fire a very upstanding & honorable lawman. The McCain campaign has tried to spin the dismissal of Walt Monagan in some very BOGUS ways, the last reason being that he went around her back for more funding to investigate sexual assault. You'd figure that Palin being a female and all she would be more sensative to this issue.

OK Rev. For the sake of arguement, Palin fired someone she shouldn't have. Let's call that a fact for the moment. You are correct, the state patrolman who tasered his own stepson is still in fact a state patrolman in Alaska. Palin and husband wanted him fired, but he has not been fired and to my knowledge is still out there enforcing laws, such as "child abuse" cases and such seem's since he is such an expert in such cases.

Where are your questions about Obama?

Franklin Raines?

Jeramiah Wright?

Father Flegler?

Tony Rezko?

Mr. Johnson? (Former Fannie Mae CEO who's first name I don't recall, Obama campaign advisor)

William Ayers?

ACORN?

Infantcide?

Hand gun regulation?

Open borders?

Making illegal immigrants citizens?

$975 million dollars in earmarks in 2 years as a Senator?

Earmark to his wife's hospital and she recieved a 150% pay increase?

Louis Farikhan? (spelling ?)

Family members in Africa living in poverty? Obama spends more in coffee a month than it takes to make them live like kings, but they don't get a dime.

Obama pissing all over working American's to score political points?

Obama "flipping" off Hillary Clinton during a stump speech?

Obama changing stances as the breeze blows?

OK, let's say Palin fired someone she shouldn't have. Could I possibly get an answer to any of the claims / questions I have raised about Obama?

HogWild ]

OK Rev. For the sake of arguement, Palin fired someone she shouldn't have. Let's call that a fact for the moment. You are correct, the state patrolman who tasered his own stepson is still in fact a state patrolman in Alaska. Palin and husband wanted him fired, but he has not been fired and to my knowledge is still out there enforcing laws, such as "child abuse" cases and such seem's since he is such an expert in such cases.

Where are your questions about Obama?

Franklin Raines?

Jeramiah Wright?

Father Flegler?

Tony Rezko?

Mr. Johnson? (Former Fannie Mae CEO who's first name I don't recall, Obama campaign advisor)

William Ayers?

ACORN?

Infantcide?

Hand gun regulation?

Open borders?

Making illegal immigrants citizens?

$975 million dollars in earmarks in 2 years as a Senator?

Earmark to his wife's hospital and she recieved a 150% pay increase?

Louis Farikhan? (spelling ?)

Family members in Africa living in poverty? Obama spends more in coffee a month than it takes to make them live like kings, but they don't get a dime.

Obama pissing all over working American's to score political points?

Obama "flipping" off Hillary Clinton during a stump speech?

Obama changing stances as the breeze blows?

OK, let's say Palin fired someone she shouldn't have. Could I possibly get an answer to any of the claims / questions I have raised about Obama?

This is why i don't reply to this thread anymore... First off what does this list have to do with anything other than McCain and the GOP has no REAL issues to talk about.

Why don't you put up McCains dirty laundry list... Because from what I have seen on these threads, as far as you are concerned he does not have one. So it is pretty pointless. I just pointed out a lie that was being posted here as fact.... I guess I just don't have the stomach for gotcha politics. Besides you still haven't answered as to why more veterans organizations overwhelmingly support or give a better grade to Obama over McCain.

-REVEREND- ]

This is why i don't reply to this thread anymore... First off what does this list have to do with anything other than McCain and the GOP has no REAL issues to talk about.

Why don't you put up McCains dirty laundry list... Because from what I have seen on these threads, as far as you are concerned he does not have one. So it is pretty pointless. I just pointed out a lie that was being posted here as fact.... I guess I just don't have the stomach for gotcha politics. Besides you still haven't answered as to why more veterans organizations overwhelmingly support or give a better grade to Obama over McCain.

I'm a McCain supporter, I don't hide it.

You want me to make counter McCain posts too?

Gotcha Politics? I've admitted Palin shouldn't have fired "what's his name". I've admitted Palin isn't perfect. I've admitted McCain isn't perfect. And will go a step further and say Romney was my first choice.

I have answered the question about how "armed forces support Obama" and have proven that it was completely untrue according to Armed Services News Papers who focus on Armed Service's audiance's. Military members support McCain 2 to 1 against Obama. Where are you getting your news from, the "Tehran Gazette"? Maybe the "Moscow Daily"?

Facts dude. Tell the whole truth. Not just the truth you want others to hear.

Palin is not perfect. She fired some guy. Yes she did it. OK, no arguement from me.

Now, can we please possibly discuss the other 19 other points I have asked about on Obama?

No, we can't. THAT'S A DISTRACTION. It doesn't mean anything. Don't listen to "that" fool. "Character and record mean nothing, my words mean something, unless you cost me votes, and then I'll toss our ass under the bus with my grandmother".

Give me a break with "gotcha politics". Got some dirt on McCain, then toss it out here for all to see.

Obama is the one out there making fun of a plumber.

Naw, I'm above it Hog. Besides you'll just throw out the left leaning media, or leftist blog bullshit. Because you buy into the standard GOP attack. "Just blame the media"... Its all over for the McCain campaign anyway so it pretty much pointless. You just keep attacking though if it makes you feel better.

I'll tell you what the dickheaded move was... not vetting Joe the Plumber before you use him and attempt to exploit him in a debate! Now it's found out that he's in fact NOT a plumber, well not a licensed plumber and now with all this attention its also known that he's owes back taxes!!! Nice move Johnny dickhead Mac. Joe is also a registered republican that voted in the primary. Anything else you all want to know? Ha! You guys are unbelievable!

Obama is once again SPOT ON when he ask, "how many plumbers you know earn 250K$$$?" That's not a slight against anyone, Just a simple question to interject some reality to this. I ask anyone here thesame question? It was a ridiculous argument to bring up and everyone knows including the top economist that JOE would get a better deal with Obama's tax plan. You're all just sore cause Johnny Mac lost another debate and is watching this election slowly slip away!

I've blamed the media Rev?

I'm pretty sure I said, "know your source", "verify for yourself", "trust your own good judgement", "be informed", and "vote".

I've criticized media sources for being misleading or hiding the truth.

Her's some truth. As of today, Joe the Plumber has been more thoroughly vetted by the media than Obama has. And here's some more truth, want to get vetted by the national news organizations? Just ask Obama a tough question like Joe the Plumber did.

Well this will be the last thing I point out on this thread. Hog, I do believe I read a post from you about the media reporting the testimony from a kuwaiti woman, about Iraqi soldiers pulling babies from incubators and what not, and than it turned out to be false. I remember those reports too.. What you failed to mention is that the media was just reporting on the Bush propaganda... You mentioned that it made you distrust the media or something to that point. Why not call out the source for utilizing terrorist tactics. The same thing happened even more so in Bush jrs administration. If I remember right NONE of the mainstream media questioned this propaganda and blindly reported it as it was being spewed. Albiet their motives were probably more for self preservation as not to be labeled un-patriotic, in a time of crisis, but they were fooled again. So when you question the media in the future keep that in mind. One of the best lessons I have learned from one of my high school history teachers is "always ask why, question authority, read between the lines, and think for yourself.

In all honesty I was a Ron Paul supporter with Biden comming a close 2nd, but when it comes down to the 2 we have to choose from, Obama has proven by his actions and demeanor throughout the campaign that he is more fit to lead this country.

-REVEREND- ]

Well this will be the last thing I point out on this thread. Hog, I do believe I read a post from you about the media reporting the testimony from a kuwaiti woman, about Iraqi soldiers pulling babies from incubators and what not, and than it turned out to be false. I remember those reports too.. What you failed to mention is that the media was just reporting on the Bush propaganda...

Sorry Rev, go back and read that post again.

I said things along the line of "my Commander in Chief conspired to mislead me" and that I was "furious".

And I was referring to Congresional testimony at a Congressional hearing. I didn't blame the media for anything concerning what you have referenced.

Feel free to quote me. Please don't misquote me, like you just did.