OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

We'll see about her record WarPig. As this is being typed, the Obama campaign has at team of 30 lawyers and untold number of reporters in Alaska researching Governor Palin's public record, as reported by the Washington Post. They have been up there a few days already, so far not a peep from the press or Obama campaign as to what has been found.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HogWild ]

We'll see about her record WarPig. As this is being typed, the Obama campaign has at team of 30 lawyers and untold number of reporters in Alaska researching Governor Palin's public record, as reported by the Washington Post. They have been up there a few days already, so far not a peep from the press or Obama campaign as to what has been found.

:D Maybe they're saving it for the October surprise? LOL :D;)

BigMoneyNacku ]
CritiKiL ]

a Governor who rejects the countries 'only plan' to help out on Alaska having one of the 'highest' school drop-out rates

What do you mean by that?

Here ya go:

Alaska is ranked #27 in High School drop out rates back in 2006 (I don't know what it is now)...and Gov Palin RECENTLY AS OF 2008, cut 'any funds' to help change that problem. Much of the reasoning on the high dropout rate, is from girls having 'teenage pregnancies'. Gov Palin 'slashed funding' for programs that would help these girls, by giving them a place to stay and proper continuance in their education. 'Covenant House' and 'Passage House' were just a couple of the places with these programs that would provide 'shelter' and 'transitional homes' for them to 'at least' get their education back on track, as well as be supported now that they will be having a child.

References:

a) http://www.kidscount.org/datacenter/compare_results.jsp?i=440&dt=2&rt=2&yr=7&s=a&dtype=&rtype=&x=141&y=9

B)http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/02/palin_slashed_funding_to_help.html

^^^^^^

That right this is probably the biggest lie about Palin other than the lie over who birthed her son Trig.

I'll go dig it up for you if you continue to insist that this total fabrication is the truth.

The truth is, Governor Palin increased funding for programs that support teenage and unwed mothers by 400%. Those who wanted it increase 500% are the people who claim Governor Palin cut funding.

Yea 'HogWild': I really can't be sure about 'everything'. That fact that I post it, only means that I came arcoss it, and I cannot back any of it up 100%. Don't hold this stuff against me if some of it turns out to be wrong. I can't believe much of 'any of this stuff', by the way both sides are doing the smearing. :-\

CritiKiL ]

Yea 'HogWild': I really can't be sure about 'everything'. That fact that I post it, only means that I came arcoss it, and I cannot back any of it up 100%. Don't hold this stuff against me if some of it turns out to be wrong. I can't believe much of 'any of this stuff', by the way both sides are doing the smearing. :-\

Nothing personal my friend, just setting the record straight is all.

Speaking of records.... Obama is raising quite a stink over earmarks Palin was for or not for or asked for as a Mayor. Doesn't matter that Obama in his short 3 years as a US Senator has gotten $976 million dollars in earmarks for different things, that's a pace of nearly One Million Dollars Every Single Working Day as a US Senator for Obama.

I found a couple of examples that may speak to as Obama's principled stance on earmarks:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/11/obama-museum-earmarks-draw-fire/

"Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama tried to direct more than $3 million in taxpayer funds to a Chicago museum whose chairman is one of the Illinois senator's largest campaign fundraisers.

So the WHOLE truth is, that earmark didn't go through, but the attempt by Obama was made.

WARPIG ]
saint52 ]

Anyone here could have done a better job than the retarded cowboy did.

haha!!

True, but the thing is.. what "Change" is REALLY going to happen..?

I still dont know which way to vote on this, but in my honest opinion.. not much is going to change no matter who wins.

IF McCain wins people will blame the not enough change on the Republican party (bush's 3rd term)

IF Obama wins people will blame the not enough experience to get it done..

Eitherway not much will change, & we'll blame it on our leader. ::)

So for me, it comes down to who do i want to blame it on.!?

We'll I don't subscribe to that thinking. :)

Here's my beef... The repubs ran McCain in 2000. Then picked the retarded cowboy over him. NOOOWWW, I'm supposed to believe he is good to go? The repubs had their chance to run him in 2000. He was a sort of maverick back then. He is NOT now, by any stretch of the word! LOL He had his chance in 2000. I would have voted for that McCain. But never for this one. Obama has a plan for change Chilli. Go to his website and read his blueprint man. I believe he is the best agent for change. Not McCain and how he's touting it now. Just my opinion. ;)

I understand your dilema, 'Chilli'. I do! I was there once, and just figured that it 'doesnt matter'. But for the 'first time, in my adult life! (lmfao)'...I am paying attention to the election! Trust me (if this were true, I'm the type who would admit it!), it is NOT because there is a Black man running. I would normally never vote for a Black man, because I just don't think that this country is ready for that. But 'that' does not matter. I actually thought Hillary would get it, but I have seen what the Reps are for, and what the Dems are for. I have pretty much been an Independant, just looking at what 'that person will bring'.

I look at Obama's views, obsticles and how everyone does not want to give him a chance when he's had the right idea on alot of issues. No one can take credit for the Surge(s) { YES!, There were more than one of them!}, because things just 'happened' to work out. McCain never ever talked about a phased withdrawal, so to hear him say he was right...just convinces me even more that he 'IS WRONG' for us. His 'gift', is in having WMD (Weapons of Mass Distraction), in the sense where we want answers about issues, but his whole campaign is on trashing Obama.

What 'really sits' in my stomach, is how McCain tried to twist Obama's words about the 'Lipstick on the Pig' statement, when 'McCain' has said it over 5 times...and no one EVER QUESTIONED if HE was slandering someone! That was a moment where, instead of him backing the statement for what it meant...he (McCain) decided to slander it. These little things are why I am voting for the Demo! Obama is a victim when all he wants to do is show us ALL, that there has been a 'sheet over our heads for 8 years', and they aren't going to fix shit now! They've had enough chances already.

In my opinion, they both have two types of change:

McCain: Change? I'll Change...this time I really WILL! Just give me one more chance?

Obama: Change? I will Change the way the Government has been running our lives and put US first, for the First Time!

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: If we just sit and do nothing, then we have NO REASON to be Blaming ANYONE!

Maybe someone could simplify these so called changes for us, & we can later compare what changes actually happened, which ones didn't. 8)

WarPig, It's not that i think one or the other has a bad plan, & I understand that Obama says he is going to make changes, but saying & doing do not seem to go together in politics. lol

It is actually the one thing that is stable.. things don't change, promises don't follow thru, etc.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer about it, but honestly i haven't seen anything a President has done affect me in a long time.!

The bottom line for me is that things "change" when WE make the changes.

My life is affected by MY choices, NOT the Presidents choices, or ideas.

If you want to go down a different path, you have to change direction.. & I honestly don't see my life being affected by either one of these nominees.

So it brings me to my actual dilemma.. who do i want to vote for.?

If i cant believe in their policy's, or plans, what do i want to base my decisions on.?

This is actually very simple. I totally understand what your saying and agree, too many politicians say they're going to do stuff and don't. But your dilemma is an easy one. You have to weigh what you believe...

Do you believe in a woman's right to choose? McCain and Palin will work to over turn RoeVWade.

Do you like the state of our union over the past 8 years? McCain and Palin will bring nothing but the same as both agree with Bush 95% of the time.

Do you agree with the Bush doctrine (to attack other sovereign countries we THINK are going to attack us)? McCain and Palin do.

These are just a few of the things you can base your decision on. Really comes down to what Ronald Regan said back in the day, "are you better off then you were 8 years ago?" LOL Really brings it home for me. ;)

saint52 ]

If another republican wins(cheats) again....I'm moving to Europe......we just need a change....simple as that......Anyone here could have done a better job than the retarded cowboy did.

Pack your bags, if all you have riding on your life is a presidential election then I guess our country will somehow have to move on without you. Hopefully all the Hollywood liberals that say the same thing all the time actually follow through as well and move.

The Democrat party used to be "Ask not what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country." Now they're "Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what the government can do for you."

If you want a big government program to do everything for you then vote Obama, but if you believe in the individual and you believe that the American people can do things on there own and not need the government to step in and screw things up, then vote McCain. The left thinks big companies that fail need to be bailed out with YOUR tax dollars, the right thinks that big companies that fail just need to fail and learn from their mistakes. You'll never succeed if you've never failed.

REally? McCain supports bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. So that's absolutely not true! LOL!!!

I believe you are just throwing up the red herring argument. Aside from making medical available to all, which is the way it should be IMO... Obama hasn't touting any Big government enactment's. Have you read his blueprint? Check it out man... it's solid and sound. All this BS talks about he's going to riase taxes, he's for bigger government are nothing more then scare tactics from the right. Not one shred of proof of this.

WARPIG ]

nothing more then scare tactics. Not one shred of proof of this.

errrrrrrr................ Isn't that what almost every potus election is anymore? Hell even your large metropolitan places have smear campaigns errr...elections as bad. Both sides are talking mad shit aboot the other and 99% is false. It's why I don't watch the addresses and most interviews and or campaign propaganda. Any of these clowns can lie right to our faces(through tv) and win loads of people with their charisma. At least in print you don't have to deal with all the fake being projected.

That's where I use you guys. You find the good links for me to ponder on. ;D

'BigMoneyNacku': You can't learn ANYTHING from us..we're just repeating all of the 99% bullshit that we get off the TV (um, WarPig and HogWild 'excluded)! lol You're better off 'spinning the chamber' and pulling the trigger, than to rely on US! ;D

And 'ARAS_ScoField': It's Bush (Repubs) who are bailing out the big companies that fail. They, are the ones in office pulling all of that. And of course, 'its OUR tax dollars' that they used to do it. And they will keep on spending our dollars in this way...unless the (Demos) take the office back 8)

CritiKiL ]

'BigMoneyNacku': You can't learn ANYTHING from us..we're just repeating all of the 99% bullshit that we get off the TV (um, WarPig and HogWild 'excluded)! lol You're better off 'spinning the chamber' and pulling the trigger, than to rely on US! ;D

And 'ARAS_ScoField': It's Bush (Repubs) who are bailing out the big companies that fail. They, are the ones in office pulling all of that. And of course, 'its OUR tax dollars' that they used to do it. And they will keep on spending our dollars in this way...unless the (Demos) take the office back 8)

Nowhere did I say I was "learning from you guys", did I? I said that's why I use you guys. I'm way too lazy to waste my free time surfing through all the drivel. Most of the guys here do, and post the decent links so I can go read some shit for myself.

lol! I must admit, those Conventions were good 'shows!' Both of them had me wanting to vote for them! But then I get back focused on trying to find some facts. Its all bull if you ask me. Like 'Palmer' "indicates", it's just a matter of 'whos gonna spend our money the wisest'. I just think that after 8 years of the Repubs, it's time to see how the 'Dems' spend it ::)

WARPIG ]

This is actually very simple. I totally understand what your saying and agree, too many politicians say they're going to do stuff and don't. But your dilemma is an easy one. You have to weigh what you believe...

Do you believe in a woman's right to choose? McCain and Palin will work to over turn RoeVWade.

Do you like the state of our union over the past 8 years? McCain and Palin will bring nothing but the same as both agree with Bush 95% of the time.

Do you agree with the Bush doctrine (to attack other sovereign countries we THINK are going to attack us)? McCain and Palin do.

These are just a few of the things you can base your decision on. Really comes down to what Ronald Regan said back in the day, "are you better off then you were 8 years ago?" LOL Really brings it home for me. ;)

LOL. I thought you weren't an Obama supporter WarPig? That reads right off "Duh 1's" website.

Roe vs Wade isn't going anywhere, too much of the public wants it. Partial birth abortions, when the head of the baby is delivered and crushed, yes that needs to stop, that is not a medical procedure. If they would make public one film of a partial birth abortion, they would be illegal forever by popular demand.

Want higher taxes, bigger government, redistribution of wealth (if you make too much money the government taxes it away from you and gives it to someone else as welfare), a weaker military, and if Obama get's his way a better standing in the world, you know all those countries that can't defend themselves feed their own population or support their own economy, will think much better of the US. Then by all means, vote for Obama.

Voting with Bush 95% of the time? I suppose you are talking about McCain. THAT STATISTIC is from one year, and most of those votes were procedural votes that Bush got 95% of the vote on anyway, including Obama's. McCain's lifetime vote with Bush has been as low as 77%. Since we are talking statistics, how has Obama voted in line with the leadership of the Senate that HAS THE LOWEST APPROVAL RATINGS IN THE HISTORY OF SENATE APPROVAL RATINGS? If you guessed 100% of the time that Obama voted with the Senate Majority that has the lowest approval ratings in HISTORY, then you would be correct.

There is nothing wrong with the Bush Doctrine, it puts the defense of America and her citizens first. The Clinton Doctrine allowed the circumstances for the 9-11 attacks to occur. You want to play paddy cakes with terrorists? That's one choice. Responding to an act of terrorism as an act of war seems good to me. The terrorist call it a holy war, the Clinton Administration called it a crime.

Republican's don't have all the best ideas. A Democratic President won WWII. And I'm glad he did. What I can't understand is American's who choose to criticize and insult a President who won't tolerate terrorism. I'm glad Democrats FDR and Truman were President at the time they were and grateful for the decisions they made that saved American lives.

Anyone who thinks 9-11 would have been the last attack in the following 7 years if Al Gore was President is a person who is just asking for more of the same type of attacks. Gore learned appeasement from the master of appeasement, President Clinton.

Your killing Hog! LMFAO!!!!! laughing2.gif We should stop here. You have every talking point of O'reliy and Hannity. 9/11 will FOREVER be laid a Bush's feet not Clinton's man. Condie should had been FIRED on 9/12 dude. The Bush doctrine sucks and does nothing for the american ppl but make us less safe and hated around the world. Let's just agree to disagree. LOL Do you blog over at politico? We should just keep this over there. ;)

I do love your spin though. You could be BillO's right hand man! LOL

WARPIG ]

Your killing Hog! LMFAO!!!!! laughing2.gif We should stop here. You have every talking point of O'reliy and Hannity. 9/11 will FOREVER be laid a Bush's feet not Clinton's man. Condie should had been FIRED on 9/12 dude. The Bush doctrine sucks and does nothing for the american ppl but make us less safe and hated around the world. Let's just agree to disagree. LOL Do you blog over at politico? We should just keep this over there. ;)

I do love your spin though. You could be BillO's right hand man! LOL

Let's not stop just yet, I can be civil as needed.

First point that needs to be made, Condi Rice was not Secretary of State during 9-11. Retired Joint Chief of Staff, Secretary of State Colin Powell was Secretary of State during 9-11. But I don't think he should have been fired either. In fact, if Colin Powell was running for President he would be first in line to get my vote, that's how little I think 9-11 was his fault.

The progression of terrorism goes all the way back to Beruit, when a suicide bomber killed 243 Marines and Sailors, men who were hamstrung by the Rules of Engagement that allowed the enemy to operate in the open without fear of return fire unless they were caught in the act of firing on US military, and THEN permission had to be obtained to fire back. Spin all you like, but I have TALKED to men who have been there at that time, I was myself 6 months away from being caught in that same barracks myself.

Then we move into Somolia. Care to tell me how many American's died there trying to fight a outlaw militia and feed the hungry?

Let's move onto Rwanda, where on your boy's Clinton watch, the UN Forces chased out of the county by machete weilding thugs. Understand that? The whole world got their ass kicked by thugs running around with machete's cutting people up as they saw fit in some shit hole country in Africa.

Care to talk about "Oil for food" in program? On Clinton's watch. The UN Chief stole millions from the world and got away scott free. Corruption ran rampent, and Clinton didn't do a thing about it, that "idiot cowboy" is the one who brought it to public knowledge and put a stop to it.

Care to talk about the failures of the Clinton Admistration to deal with with "bin Laden" problem? How bin Laden was able to escape certain death or capture in Afghanistan because the Clinton Administation telegraphed our play? Don't believe me, look at the 9/11 Commission Report.

I can do this all day. Put up all the smiley's you want. I'm ready and more than willing to put forth the arguement that kicking ass is better than getting your ass kicked.

America is the best county on the planet and we shouldn't take crap off anyone. I'm more than OK with that.