Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

Jus curious.......any further developments?

Are the videos still in the works or has that idea been axed because of past events?

Has the donation been made? I think it was a Hospital somewhere wasn't it?

Thanks.

There's no further developments.

KingoftheJungle, who changed his name for the tourney to LT21 (in honor of his wife) has since changed his name to ShadowKing in his effort to start moving on. He is still in APC.

The videos at this point, and I say this both cautiously and regrettably, may never see the light of day, and even if they do, I feel it's WAY past prime time for them to have any validity anymore. We had 4-6 UF community members who said they would record the matches they were in, and then those who were eliminated said they would spectate the last match and create a video from there.

Sniper, nor I, have ever received ANY of those vids from ANY of those who promised to make them.

The hospital chosen for the donation was St. Jude's Children's Cancer fund, per King's specifications.

IF we ever get the videos going....and at this point, I would love it if those individuals would just forward them over UN-edited.....then I'm sure Sniper and I would have no problem putting those up. I wouldn't hold breaths on this, but there's always hoping. I do know many of those individuals were in clans that are no longer IN the UF community, so they may be lost causes.

After that, Sniper and I will most likely NOT use any outside sources for anything tourney-related again. And if we do, they'll be from more trusted sources than just the occasional "I think I can help" offer of assistance.

We will be CERTAIN, next time, that if any of our tourney final matches ARE to be recorded and advertised to be recorded, then we will make sure that the recorders are trusted and made accountable to all (meaning they will be made KNOWN).

We always make sure to fulfill our promises here at UF, and are disheartened whenever we can't.

Skipper ]

What is Lory's Watch?

http://www.apcclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3133.0

Urgent Fury: Lori's Watch

Posted - Mon February 26, 2007 3:00PM CST

Urgent Fury is honored to present a worthwhile tourney for a most worthwhile cause.

For the first time ever, UF is hosting its very own charity tournament for one night

only. On Sunday, March 18th 2007, you will have the opportunity to engage in battle

alongside a serious cause.

The creators of UF present to you: URGENT FURY: LORI'S WATCH

This tourney was made to honor the loss of [APC]'s KingoftheJungle's (Mike) wife,

Lori, who lost her life in a tragic car accident as both of them were a mere five

blocks away from their new home and new life together in Miami, Florida. For a full

account of what happened there, please head to UF's forums to view

both the account of what happened as well as the outpouring of support from the

UF community.

Because KingoftheJungle has graciously declined any financial help from Socom

players to help with the future of his and Lori's 1-1/2 month old son, Matt, King

had come up with the idea to use all donations and good will towards a cause that

was near and dear to Lori's heart. Lori's mother suffers from cancer, and 100% of

all proceeds pooled together from your donations will be given to a cancer

research foundation to be named. The lump sum donation from all generous

players will be in the name of Lori and her infant son Matt, Lori's last gift to

her family and to those suffering in this world.

We sincerely hope your enthusiasm and willingness to give in this opportunity is as

strong today as it was this past week. Your words and prayers have helped

KingoftheJungle in more ways than imagined. We hope now that you will all come

together in celebration of Lori's life, Mike's love and Matt's future by

participating in this one-night tourney. In helping them now, you will be helping

so many others....with the show of power, compassion and brotherly love of an army

of Socom players that only Urgent Fury can assemble.

Please note, if you cannot attend the one-night tourney on March 18th, you are still

welcome and encouraged to donate, as so many of you had asked to be allowed to

give after this tragedy. All non-playing donations and donations accepted as entry fees

into the tourney will be lumped together. The minimum donation to gain access into

the tourney is $15.00, but you do not have to curb your generosity there. ANY

amount will be graciously accepted.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i fully understand the reason there is no video from the tournament, but what about the donor "plaque" that was supposed to be posted on the site?

Soon to come.

It's something we plan on keeping on the website for as long as the website's around.

So it won't be a case of the plaque going up for two weeks and then taken down.

Sniper and I have been, LITERALLY, in overdrive since Lori's Watch concerning UF Black II, the motions for UF4: Prisoner of War, gearing up for changes in UF: Black III as well as the upcoming Urgent Fury: Brea......shit. Sorry. I meant JUST UF Black II and UF4: Prisoner of War. Move along now... ;D

Guest Skipper
Undertow ]

Soon to come.

It's something we plan on keeping on the website for as long as the website's around.

Sniper and I have been, LITERALLY, in overdrive since Lori's Watch concerning UF Black II, the motions for UF4: Prisoner of War, gearing up for changes in UF: Black III as well as the upcoming Urgent Fury: Brea......shit.  Sorry.  I meant JUST UF Black II and UF4: Prisoner of War.  Move along now... ;D

SWEET!! Urgent Fury: Breakfast!

I can't wait for this! ;D

Guest KingJunk
Skipper ]
Undertow ]

Soon to come.

Sniper and I have been, LITERALLY, in overdrive since Lori's Watch concerning UF Black II, the motions for UF4: Prisoner of War, gearing up for changes in UF: Black III as well as the upcoming Urgent Fury: Brea......shit. Sorry. I meant JUST UF Black II and UF4: Prisoner of War. Move along now... ;D

SWEET!! Urgent Fury: Breakfast!

I can't wait for this! ;D

Damn you Skipper thats the last time I will forward a video to you!

But on a serious note are you guys still taking donations I know its late but I was just thinking you guys may have donate to a different cause each year!

..GhostDawg.. ]

Jus curious.......any further developments?

Are the videos still in the works or has that idea been axed because of past events?

Thanks.

Ya I'd kinda like seeing video of me using GhostDawg for target practice on that left side on aftershock...LoL..(just bustin yer chops dawg..no offense.)