Some people have asked me in the past, after they get to know what I do when I'm not doing UF, and Ravenfall, and teaching, and writing, and project managing, and playing volleyball and looking for the little man that watches me sleep at night, just how much sleep I get on average?

Thinking about it today, I was also wondering, as we're all a community of GAMERS here who usually wile away the evening hours trying to shoot one another, just how much sleep YOU get on average.

I know that the "healthy" recommended amount is about 8 hours, but in today's fast paced society, we're all becoming too familiar with knocking sleep back a bit in order for us to finish the last bit of that project or that chore or....that sandwich. ;D

So, how much sleep do YOU get on average per night on a weekly basis?

Used to be I could go to bed between 4-5 am and get up at 8 with no problems. Nice nap.

As I've gotten older (kids, work, kids, etc) I've realized that sleep is a precious commodity. I try to make sure that I get a minimum of 7 consecutive hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. If I'm lucky (kids decide not to wake us up when they get up) I'll get close to 9 hours of sleep. Sleep keeps me sharp while working. The more I get the better I feel.

luchesco ]

the problem I have is that I have a hard time falling asleep

I used to have this same problem. To much thinking going on while I'm laying there trying to go to sleep.

Not sure what your daily routine is, but I changed 2 things in mine and now I fall right to sleep.

1. I hit the gym minimum 5 days a week. Typically 1.5 - 2.5 hours a day. Weights and cardio.

2. I stopped eating a couple of hours before I go to bed.

It worked for me.

luchesco ]

i get around 5-6 hours a night, the problem I have is that I have a hard time falling asleep :

Same here. I've tried different things, but do not work. Not sure what time you guys have to be at work, but I usually get up around 4am, and get to work around 4:30am. But the upside to it is that I only work 4 days a week. Mon-Thurs, is not a bad schedule.

Over the summer, I had no problem going to bed around 4-5am, and getting up at 8am and going to work. I worked as a camp counselor so I was constantly on the move and active, so falling back asleep was not a big issue. I am now back at school and went to class on 5 hours of sleep and could not keep my eyes open. I now try to get at least 6.5 hours when I have an early class, but when I don't have any obligations I love to sleep until I wake up. Unfortunately, sometimes that is too much and makes me tired again LOL.

Hey Tow what class do you teach again? I remember that post about one of your students being on americas top model. I think you mentioned it then but I forgot.

Does it bother you that people spell things wrong and stuff? lol Cuz that annoys the hell out of me.

Right now I barely sleep at all. I am working to full time jobs for the next few weeks until I'm done at one job to focus on the other. This week my sleep schedule was this. Monday 4hrs, Tuesday 3hrs, Wednesday 5hrs, Thursday 2 hrs. I work 6-2:30 at one job then 4-close at another. Close is usually around 2ish. I'm dying right now goin on 2 hrs and I have to leave for my other job in about 20 minutes. :'(