Socom Beta Reviews

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game looks beautiful.. however my ps3 froze right off the bat when i tried to make a clan, and i do mean froze.. wouldnt do anything.. no ps button .. nothing. Once i restarted the ps3.. i got my clan stuff all figured out .. but then i went into a room that was already in prog.. took me 4 min of icon spinning before i finally got into the game.. only to have the game be over.. and yup.. you guessed it.. Froze again. So my first 20 min of the game were horrible..

THEN, i made my own room and 15 others joined and we ran around blowing things up .. shooting birds.. all the works.. i didnt know but 3 of the people in the room so we didnt do a lot of cooperative searching.. but we did get to make it around MOST of the map..

Really i do think this game is going to be bad ass.. however we all need to remember that this is labeled a Beta... and its supposed to have kinks to work out.. I did beta socom 3 and seemed from what i can remember to have less flaws that i have run into so far.. however all in all this game is sweet. Just need some server side adjustments.. at least thats what i think it needs ..

Anyone else have booting issues.. cuz i have now been booted 4 times and my ps3 has froze 3 times.. once on the main menu screen trying to load it up.. I may have a corrupt file or something too.. just waiting to see what others say...

Character movement is SLOOOWWWW!! They need to speed that up a bit.

Load times are horrible!

Hit detection is ok so far but that pause every minute or so has to stop. I did hear a rumor that it has something to do with testing our connections.

Needs to be a way to see what server your friends are in. At least I have not found it yet.

Graphics and customization are pretty solid.

The lobby lag is pretty bad but it is a beta and I bet a bunch are still downloading it.

I bin playing it for hours so far its chuggy but its handle able I haven't bin booted once and I customized my movement so its faster I haven't had lag issues at all I love everything about it so far especially the knife no more of the halo affect where if you aim at the person you go flying to the person. I like controls im used to them already I am happy to see rooms again omg rooms lol. I saw a lot of clans today that I remember from before. Also just to let you guys know I think a few of the workers where playing with us cuz one person was asking me questions all over the game and most of them where how do you like the controls...etc also he said we worked pretty hard to make the sound realistic.

All in all this game is hot and I can't wait to play it when I get back from work.

earlier in the day i got into a few rooms just fine, the graphics are great and it was running smoothly excepts for a small lag now and then. Now I tried jumping into a game and my ps3 froze on me 4 times, i tried to start a room twice and i got booted to the XMB, and after doing all that now, i cant get into any games as the load screen just leaves me hanging. i waited 5 mins and it still wouldnt let me in. I know its a beta so im not that worried, but i gotta say it is pretty frustrating having to reboot my ps3 and having to go thru all the log in and load up screens just to get booted and just to freeze up again. ???

Graphics are great, I like how guys blend into environments again, NOT like in CoD.

The sound is also very realistic, you can hear allot of what goes on away from you but muffled. The proximity mics are awesome. You can hear guys coming from around corners.

Review the actual beta, not your love for Socom.

There are better games out there right now that we've been playing for a year. I signed on, saw what is there, and logged off. I sincerely hope the community features (which is what truly seperated Socom from all others) are top notch. Because in my honest opinion, the graphics and gameplay dont equal a game we've already been playing for the last year.

I miss it to guys, but not enough where Im blind to truly see whats there at this moment. I know its only a beta and I will wait with my fingers crossed..... But Im truly not feeling what they have right now.

The only problem i see is the long load times and the lag. Both of which should be fixed in a few days so im not worried about it. The proximity mic is hilarious and it really adds a new element to the game. Like i was sitting below the jump wall and i hear and enemy call out one of my teammates, but i didnt warn him because the guy i heard would have heard me! lol. The guns seem to spray more than i thought they would but with practice it will become like clockwork once agian. The night version looks sick! The armor system really makes a difference, your slow as fuck with medium armor, but when you put that light armor on, boom i was moving! Ive never cared about graphics but it looked pretty good to me. The gun sounds awesome. Overall the only flaws ive seen so far are insane lag(especially that red x where you cant move but every1 else can wtf)and long ass load times and hoepfully both will be fixed soon. To me this game feels closer to S1 than S2 which isnt a bad thing.

Due to overwhelming demand for the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta, we are experiencing load related issues. These issues are causing abnormal latency, disconnects, long load times, login errors and community features such as clans and stats not functioning correctly (or at all).

We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and you should see some improvements progressively over the next couple of days. However, we do not expect to have the issues completely resolved until close to the end of next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

Ive been basically playing the beta since it was sent out at 1pm. I like the game play but they still haven't fixed some things...

The game play is what it is. This is the public beta used to test servers not game play.

Closed beta is over they took the closed beta players opinions and used them.

I love socom. This is the first online game I ever played. I expected a lot better from this game though. On COD4 crappy connection or not people died. Here I know some people suck at they still are able to stay alive after shooting at them. I still die AFTER I kill someone... seconds later. I really hope they fix these issues. Iff they do this game will be pretty good. Best game out there. Probably not. But will renew my love for socom.

I got to say I did fall in love with COD4.. first person shooters.. Was never into it but now pretty into it. Their servers closed beta wise and public beta wise and real game wise were always great as in lag wise. Not amazing when it comes to parties and connection and hosting room. But the general feel for the game. Socom had a far better system. If this lag/interface issues dont resolve it will lose A LOT of value. Gamestop and socom are really pushing their socom tournaments.. its crazy..

Con:

My grandma could run faster than this.. do away with the armor and its improved but still it’s more like Rainbow than Socom.

Hit detection.. bullet spray is all OVER THE PLACE, scopes on assault rifles never stabilize.

Custom load outs and custom controller settings don’t stick. The keep defaulting make sure you load your custom controller setting for each game.

Whatever you do DO NOT CLICK ON Stats or leader boards.. I’ve tried a few times and it always results in a console freeze.

Do not try to make a clan… if you eventually get it to work without your console freezing its dumb anyway, everything will be reset before the release so don’t waste your time.

Friends list, people in game or who is in which server.. errr excuse me I mean CHANNEL.. yea channel. Whatever. Is non existent..

OF course this is a beta but this is a final beta and I was expecting things to work better than this..

Make a game with the sluggish movement of Rainbow, the bullet spray of COD’s non hit detection and toss in Socom’s infamous Lag.. and whalla!! Socom confrontation.

Pro:

Graphics are amazing.. details detail really is outstanding,

Maps huge map play, plenty of hiding spots, I can’t wait to see the other maps

Movement jump ability is no longer pogo man, yet you can climb, crawl or hop onto things and yes you can jump but not like a pogo stick.

Sound, fantastic. I really like the overhearing the enemy stuff.. cool.

Microphones, for the most part they work better but Bluetooth headset continue their problematic ways. Just use the good ole USB.

Lobby and Friends, I expect this to be improved dramatically and be similar to the system of old. For this it really is the beta and I fully expect this to be fixed for the full release.

Conclusion.. I love the game, I hope it gets better for release, I wouldn’t mind some sort of single play even if its just one map one game.. mainly for testing settings, gun configurations and load outs. I made a few custom control settings, but every EVERY single time I went into the menu to pick one to try some ASSHOLE took the opportunity to shoot me.. errr I’m looking at the ground and not moving, you’re not that skilled asshole!! LOL.

This is the best SOUNDING game I have ever played. THX certified on 1080p- The shots sound like they would if you were there (not like a game). Its hard to explain unless you hear it in hidef.

The hit detection is right on IMO

The view is perfect

I love the mic- no open mic, unless your in prox- Shit makes it feel real.

The customization of everything is sick.

-------------------

That said the servers need some love- most admin items dont save or work properly.

Load times are great to get up get a beer, check the mail, let the dog out, finish the beer and get another.

Control default are clunky- after you customize they are nice.

O.k here I go.

This is the best online game I played since socom 3/ca. Cod4 was an alright game but it got boring quick.In this game I could play the same map over and over and over and not get bored, on cod4 i only lasted an hour top, and thats when i first bough the game.Today I played the Socom Beta for over 3 hours just messing around with the clan mates laughing our asses off , teamed killed each other, and owned some people.

Graphics are amazing, sound is amazing, running slow well thats ok, I don't want to be flash.This game is something different, some new things some old ones,but hey its still just a beta, I'm pretty sure this game will get more support than Socom 3, Socom Ca, and COD4 together.Plus its a new company making the game, this is their First PS3 game, which is amazing.

The only problems that the beta has are fixable like the lag, the clan stuff, and some other things, some people take more shots than others well blame it on the lag, the PS3 freezing will be fixed too.One of my Clan leader was bitching today cause" the game is too slow, cause the is different" I told him straight up " If you don't want to play it then get fuck out, but stop bitching its a beta"

Overall I give this game Beta a 9 out of 10! after they fix the bugs then it gets a 10 out of 10.

-.Sal.- ]

O.k here I go.

This is the best online game I played since socom 3/ca. Cod4 was an alright game but it got boring quick.In this game I could play the same map over and over and over and not get bored, on cod4 i only lasted an hour top, and thats when i first bough the game.Today I played the Socom Beta for over 3 hours just messing around with the clan mates laughing our asses off , teamed killed each other, and owned some people.

Graphics are amazing, sound is amazing, running slow well thats ok, I don't want to be flash.This game is something different, some new things some old ones,but hey its still just a beta, I'm pretty sure this game will get more support than Socom 3, Socom Ca, and COD4 together.Plus its a new company making the game, this is their First PS3 game, which is amazing.

The only problems that the beta has are fixable like the lag, the clan stuff, and some other things, some people take more shots than others well blame it on the lag, the PS3 freezing will be fixed too.One of my Clan leader was bitching today cause" the game is too slow, cause the is different" I told him straight up " If you don't want to play it then get fuck out, but stop bitching its a beta"

Overall I give this game Beta a 9 out of 10! after they fix the bugs then it gets a 10 out of 10.

I'm not giving a rating yet but yes it is a beta, and I too have a few whining and crying that it's Not this or not like that. It's SOCOM. I have thrown down my own gauntlet in my clan too. Our leader was crying last night too. I think he got in two rounds, this is during the time the servers were REALLY bad, around 11 ESt give or take 3 hours, lol, but he was in for like 2 rounds and said this sucks and quit. Then posted on our forum that he wasn't liking it. I responded similarly, "If you don't want to play it then, get the fuck out, but stop bitching, it's a beta"

I add this, it's a beta, a beta is for THEM(Slant Six) to see what needs polishing, Not for US the gamers to enjoy, that version comes out Oct 14th.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
-.Sal.- ]

O.k here I go.

I'm not giving a rating yet but yes it is a beta, and I too have a few whining and crying that it's Not this or not like that. It's SOCOM. I have thrown down my own gauntlet in my clan too. Our leader was crying last night too. I think he got in two rounds, this is during the time the servers were REALLY bad, around 11 ESt give or take 3 hours, lol, but he was in for like 2 rounds and said this sucks and quit. Then posted on our forum that he wasn't liking it. I responded similarly, "If you don't want to play it then, get the fuck out, but stop bitching, it's a beta"

I add this, it's a beta, a beta is for THEM(Slant Six) to see what needs polishing, Not for US the gamers to enjoy, that version comes out Oct 14th.

Its not a beta for them to see what needs polishing thats the thing. This is MAINLY a serve load test. Closed beta where they do determine problems in the game is already over!.... Server issues are def going to be clan support.. interface issues.. lag issues... so yeah if thats the main problems with you yes it will be fixed. Game play wise nope..