Sniping Beta

I noticed the same thing as well....it would not be that bad if your bullets actually went where your reticule is lined up...

I can deal with the movement but when the reticule it on a person's entire body and I pull the trigger and the bullets disappears that is a HUGE problem for me(i know, i know...its a beta).....I honestly think the reticule is off as well....I can have my sights completely over a wall(especially near the jump wall)and when I fire, every damn bullet hits the wall, I end up having to stand up the combat that....and THAT is very annoying....

-Vet

I played around with the scopes alot. Remember when they said there would be a drawback to running? Well, the drawback is yer recticle will not settle down for awhile. If you don't run at all and lay down, it settles down fairly quick. If you run at all, it takes alot longer. Same thing with standing up, it will never settle down. Crouching it almost completely stops, but not quite. I like the handicap for running, I think it works well. I haven't had a problem with the bullet not going where the recticle is, unless I'd been running.

As far as what VET said, I too did have a problem with the yellow, can't fire, thing not being accurate. It shows you have a clear shot, then the bullets hit the wall.

OIFVETERAN ]

I noticed the same thing as well....it would not be that bad if your bullets actually went where your reticule is lined up...

I can deal with the movement but when the reticule it on a person's entire body and I pull the trigger and the bullets disappears that is a HUGE problem for me(i know, i know...its a beta).....I honestly think the reticule is off as well....I can have my sights completely over a wall(especially near the jump wall)and when I fire, every damn bullet hits the wall, I end up having to stand up the combat that....and THAT is very annoying....

-Vet

Yeah ive been having the same problems..

I love it! You have to actually use skill to snipe. Very Cool!

As for scopes, I am not giving away secrets ;). But seriously, the ACOG is awesome for anything close, like down alleys or along buildings.(This is also a factor of your TV setup. HDMI of a decent size is better then 19" TV with your PS3 hooked up to the coaxial) If you're shooting from the Lion Statue or Mercs Spawn Tower, medium scope actually works just fine. Biggest thing is learn the scope, learn what the lines mean. Also if you haven't noticed, if you're sighted in on a spot, and it's blowing to the left, the bullet goes a little left

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

I love it! You have to actually use skill to snipe. Very Cool!

As for scopes, I am not giving away secrets ;). But seriously, the ACOG is awesome for anything close, like down alleys or along buildings.(This is also a factor of your TV setup. HDMI of a decent size is better then 19" TV with your PS3 hooked up to the coaxial) If you're shooting from the Lion Statue or Mercs Spawn Tower, medium scope actually works just fine. Biggest thing is learn the scope, learn what the lines mean. Also if you haven't noticed, if you're sighted in on a spot, and it's blowing to the left, the bullet goes a little left

Since I am an avid shooter, I know what the lines mean. And they WORK!! I am in love with this franchise all over again. All the haters can keep on hating, this game is the shit!!! While they are hating, I'll be killing people and birds at will. ;D

I tried the sasr last knight Nacku is right the more you fun the more movement you get. I ran halfway out the spawn and tried crouching and the bullets would just go to the right laying done makes you more accurate. Has anyone tried shooting a Rpg or At by a wall I did it yesterday and it ended up going right as in a full right turn instead of straight to the target darn antisuicide lol. I wanted to be a suicide bomber lol.

Neo_Unit001 ]

I tried the sasr last knight Nacku is right the more you fun the more movement you get. I ran halfway out the spawn and tried crouching and the bullets would just go to the right laying done makes you more accurate. Has anyone tried shooting a Rpg or At by a wall I did it yesterday and it ended up going right as in a full right turn instead of straight to the target darn antisuicide lol. I wanted to be a suicide bomber lol.

lol shoot the rocket which it should be on the floor if you want to blow your self up,if not i recomend the c4 and a barrel together its perfect. lol

-.Sal.- ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

lol shoot the rocket which it should be on the floor if you want to blow your self up,if not i recomend the c4 and a barrel together its perfect. lol

Yea I was playing with the explosives and seeing range and effectieness.

saint52 ]

Have you guys noticed that your reticle very seldom stops moving? I mean in CA it would eventually settle down. Now it seems like it always move Little and I don't think theres a button to hold your breath like COD....Any ideas or opinions?

This was how the sniping was on socom 1, when it took skill to snipe. This it good because you'll bhe forced to lay prone, as Tow suggested. I all for more realism. ;D

Thanks guys for the input. I have professionally shot almost my whole life so I'm versed in scopes, shooting techniques ect....I did notice the little things like the running screw up your reticle ect.....I almost sniped everytime I played CA so I'm loving no quick sniping fags trying to tell me its skill.....this game will separate the shooters quite well.....again, thanks for the great input