Riot act finals in progress *SxB Wins *

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.....Cow, quit being the only person on this thread who's tryin' t'kill Christmas, huh?! LOL

I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was get to my 'puter to find out who won this thing.

And yeah, I'm sittin' here still naked doin' it. LOL

Good thing it's not chilly.

Being a player who has been fortunate once in a TACMAP tourney to go to the final match, I know what the players of both SHO and S&B were going through last night. A lot of players here say that there's no feeling quite like your very first TACMAP war in UF ever....but they would be wrong. There's no feeling quite like the one you get in the final championship match against an opponent who, you know, deserves to be there just as much as you do, and hence, that makes them all the more formidable. It makes the moment all the more tense. You really don't know WHAT'S going to happen, and you can walk in with all the bravado in the world, or all the apprehension in the world, but until that final bullet's fired, it can truly go either way.

Something for a lot of clans here to shoot for for those who think "the magic's gone" after you get your first UF war out of the way.

I was just going to put up a new thread announcing the winners of Riot Act, but honestly, if you ask me, this is a great enough thread as it is, with everyone's excitement on these posts enough to keep it around. So in saying that, I'd like to congratulate S&B for pulling off a great win here in Riot Act. If I'm correct, and please correct me if I'm wrong (?), but I believe this was your first TACMAP tourney? If so, you guys handled the stage like pros. And now you ARE pros. Great job and Puddy, I will be contacting you for your information needed for the shot glasses.

To SHO, what can I say? You guys held the #1 spot in this 13-week tourney for about 85% of it. SHO was steamrolling the competition left and right and you definitely defined yourselves as a force to appreciate each and every time someone went against you. If you've never made a name for yourselves here at UF before, you certainly did it last night and throughout these last 13 weeks. I tip my proverbial hat to you in congratulations and recognition for a fine job.

And with that, Riot act is done, and I'd like to thank ALL the clans that participated in the tourney. I'd like to think that it was a fun one. It's always good to see a good tourney, filled with good clans, get taken all the way through so that an end is realized. And I know some folks here will always bring up the unwritten "UF Champ Curse" for whatever reason, saying that UF "drives its winners away" (for whatever motive we'd have for THAT....LOL). When people say that, either around here or on the safety of their own forum, I just think to myself "they really don't think things through." Any past "champ" of UF isn't around for a reason. Either their overall attitude or antics got them ostracized from here or their lack of appreciation for how things run here at UF got them forcibly pushed away. If a clan wins this tourney while embodying what we hold important around here, that makes the winner all the more treasured. And something tells me that S&B won't be going anywhere. That S&B isn't running to the top of the hills saying how "BS" urgent Fury is or that the creators were just trying to screw them every step of the way. LOL

Perhaps that unwritten curse just got broken?

We'll see.

But I believe it has.

And it starts with a very good clan, winning a very great battle against a very formidable opponent.

It just doesn't get ANY better in a UF tourney.

Good job, both of you.

And thank you for finishing off this tour of UF: Riot Act with honor AND dignity.

(And Cow, quit killin' Christmas. LOL) ;D

Apologies, Redoctober is the only one who actually answered my original question in a way that it makes logical sense, i never meant to be a christmas killer(laughs like a grinch), i broke my own rule and complained in a public thread after finding out something a little fustrating that could easily and should have been pushed aside till later.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Undertow ]

LOL.....Cow, quit being the only person on this thread who's tryin' t'kill Christmas, huh?! LOL

I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was get to my 'puter to find out who won this thing.

And yeah, I'm sittin' here still naked doin' it. LOL

Good thing it's not chilly.

Being a player who has been fortunate once in a TACMAP tourney to go to the final match, I know what the players of both SHO and S&B were going through last night. A lot of players here say that there's no feeling quite like your very first TACMAP war in UF ever....but they would be wrong. There's no feeling quite like the one you get in the final championship match against an opponent who, you know, deserves to be there just as much as you do, and hence, that makes them all the more formidable. It makes the moment all the more tense. You really don't know WHAT'S going to happen, and you can walk in with all the bravado in the world, or all the apprehension in the world, but until that final bullet's fired, it can truly go either way.

Something for a lot of clans here to shoot for for those who think "the magic's gone" after you get your first UF war out of the way.

I was just going to put up a new thread announcing the winners of Riot Act, but honestly, if you ask me, this is a great enough thread as it is, with everyone's excitement on these posts enough to keep it around. So in saying that, I'd like to congratulate S&B for pulling off a great win here in Riot Act. If I'm correct, and please correct me if I'm wrong (?), but I believe this was your first TACMAP tourney? If so, you guys handled the stage like pros. And now you ARE pros. Great job and Puddy, I will be contacting you for your information needed for the shot glasses.

To SHO, what can I say? You guys held the #1 spot in this 13-week tourney for about 85% of it. SHO was steamrolling the competition left and right and you definitely defined yourselves as a force to appreciate each and every time someone went against you. If you've never made a name for yourselves here at UF before, you certainly did it last night and throughout these last 13 weeks. I tip my proverbial hat to you in congratulations and recognition for a fine job.

And with that, Riot act is done, and I'd like to thank ALL the clans that participated in the tourney. I'd like to think that it was a fun one. It's always good to see a good tourney, filled with good clans, get taken all the way through so that an end is realized. And I know some folks here will always bring up the unwritten "UF Champ Curse" for whatever reason, saying that UF "drives its winners away" (for whatever motive we'd have for THAT....LOL). When people say that, either around here or on the safety of their own forum, I just think to myself "they really don't think things through." Any past "champ" of UF isn't around for a reason. Either their overall attitude or antics got them ostracized from here or their lack of appreciation for how things run here at UF got them forcibly pushed away. If a clan wins this tourney while embodying what we hold important around here, that makes the winner all the more treasured. And something tells me that S&B won't be going anywhere. That S&B isn't running to the top of the hills saying how "BS" urgent Fury is or that the creators were just trying to screw them every step of the way. LOL

Perhaps that unwritten curse just got broken?

We'll see.

But I believe it has.

And it starts with a very good clan, winning a very great battle against a very formidable opponent.

It just doesn't get ANY better in a UF tourney.

Good job, both of you.

And thank you for finishing off this tour of UF: Riot Act with honor AND dignity.

(And Cow, quit killin' Christmas. LOL) ;D

i wanna reply to this kinda backwards:

no we are not going anywhere. we were not treated unfairly. we have not found a better place to play. there was nobody favored in this tourney. and we WILL be back for more.

SHO - they were a great opponent. we watched them sit atop the leaderboards for weeks. the best part is it always gives you something to shoot for. they were a very respectable clan after each win and loss last night, and the UF motto was in full effect all night long. especially with the host issues all night.

SxB - thansk for the kind words man. we worked hard, and we knew we had a chance. i am very proud of my guys for sticking with it for so long, and never giving up. this tourney really brought us together as a team, and i dont think that could ever happen in pubby rooms or lesser tournaments.

tacmap championship - your right tow. the whole season has its ups and downs, but until this week, i was pretty calm. 101 gave us a hell of a run monday. follow that up with a great performance by SHO on wednesday, and it makes for one crazy week.

nakedness - at times i wish people would give out a little more info in their posts, or try to type a little clearer so some of us could understand them. THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE TIMES. im glad the tourney was the first thing you thought of this morning, but next time, make it number two - your world should revolve around your underwear!!! and if not, you really dont have to tell us that you are polluting your desk chair with overnight nutsweat. the little details should remain a mystery ;)

Good shit SxB!! Way to top off some great performances lately here in UF. Puddy, Banshee you put together a great group of guys and it shows every time SxB steps onto the field or into the forums. Always laid back, always respectful, and all round fun to kick it with. I'd buy you guys beers anyday. Congratulations!!

SHO, way to stay in there strong. There have been things along the way I don't agree with, but you guys can flat out play. You remind us all the time by playing big in big situations. You are a force to be reckoned with in every tourney you show up to. Congrats to you fellas as well.

It's so fraggin cool to see this go down the way it did. To see Urgent Fury at it's finest after a few bitter disappointments. Fug all the drama, and the dumb shit. This is where it's at!! GOOD FRAGGIN JOB EVERYONE. ;D

p.s. any chance you captured a pic of yerself sitting there UT?

Neo_Unit001 ]

nice sig intent, I love the grim reaper, just like mine LOL

But your sig has no grim reaper, really he's just someone that protects spirits lol yes nerd moment. The grim reaper takes your spirit to its final resting spot I think so. Not much of a reaper type of fan. More of a mythic animal type. Uggg stop distracting me General lol all I wanted to do was say congrats to SxB congrats guys great run.

My picture is the grim reaper nutty, congrats SxB

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
BigMoneyNacku ]

Good shit SxB!! Way to top off some great performances lately here in UF. Puddy, Banshee you put together a great group of guys and it shows every time SxB steps onto the field or into the forums. Always laid back, always respectful, and all round fun to kick it with. I'd buy you guys beers anyday. Congratulations!!

SHO, way to stay in there strong. There have been things along the way I don't agree with, but you guys can flat out play. You remind us all the time by playing big in big situations. You are a force to be reckoned with in every tourney you show up to. Congrats to you fellas as well.

It's so fraggin cool to see this go down the way it did. To see Urgent Fury at it's finest after a few bitter disappointments. Fug all the drama, and the dumb shit. This is where it's at!! GOOD FRAGGIN JOB EVERYONE. ;D

p.s. any chance you captured a pic of yerself sitting there UT?

you know what money, give me two weeks and i think im gonna take you up on that ;)

Undertow ]

I was just going to put up a new thread announcing the winners of Riot Act, but honestly, if you ask me, this is a great enough thread as it is, with everyone's excitement on these posts enough to keep it around.

Thats excactly what I did, except it was in one of the other 3-5 riot act champ threads runnin around. LOL.

Seriously, as I said in the other thread, very well done to the both of you. Sxb, SHO, it is very rewarding to us admins that work hard week in and week out, when we see such a positive result. I am extremely glad that you all had a good time, and that this tac map tourny was a pleasurable experience. It makes all the hard work, WELL worth it all.

Congrats guys.