whats better

Well this is how it use to be with HP Comaq. You would compare the 2 and think you were getting a deal with one, it would have more RAM or something like that but what they use to do was have really cheap RAM but a descent Motherboard or HDD and so on. They would have half the equipment good quality but to lower cost they would have half cheap equipment.

Now with Sony I never saw that practice. Also if you think the RAM is cheap or something like that there are things you can upgrade with quality that isn't that expensive anymore.

If you can layout the specs here and the price so we can give you a better answer.

AND Compaq use to have their BIOS on a small partition on the HDD so if your HDD failed you couldn't go out and just get a new one, you had to buy theirs and it wasn't cheap.

CDBS14 ]

she doesnt want an entertaintment pc she needs something for work' date=' she is a traveling salesman for plumbing supplies and recently she got promoted or something so she wants a new laptop. so idk if a mac is good for her in that sense.

[/quote']

MACs aren't just entertaining computers they are great for work and you can install office and other pc programs. MACs aren't really used for gaming or anything bro so I have no idea why you would think its for entertainment it has Itunes a lots of other great things, but in most offices and businesses they use it for work,shit back in highschool we had MACs for video/music editing, photoshop, essay writing and loads of other work.At academy of art university all they use are MACs. Trust me dude your aunts or whoever is better off getting a MAC. MACs aren't in a PC category by the why.

Neo_Unit001 ]
CDBS14 ]

she doesnt want an entertaintment pc she needs something for work' date=' she is a traveling salesman for plumbing supplies and recently she got promoted or something so she wants a new laptop. so idk if a mac is good for her in that sense.

[/quote']

MACs aren't just entertaining computers they are great for work and you can install office and other pc programs. MACs aren't really used for gaming or anything bro so I have no idea why you would think its for entertainment it has Itunes a lots of other great things, but in most offices and businesses they use it for work,shit back in highschool we had MACs for video/music editing, photoshop, essay writing and loads of other work.At academy of art university all they use are MACs. Trust me dude your aunts or whoever is better off getting a MAC. MACs aren't in a PC category by the why.

Macs are good BUT the majority of business use PC's for a reason. A lot of business Apps are developed for PC not MAC. Yes you can get office on the MAC but then have to make sure anyone you share the files with either have the conversion software installed if they have a PC or they have the current version on MAC.

The reason you used a MAC at school is because of the Audio/Video capabilities of the MAC. They have always been regarded better for graphics and audio. But you don't need those in a business environment do you?

CDBS14 ]

we cant go for dell she is in another country. so i need like a definite answer HP or VAIO. all i got from other websites and stuff is that the vaio has a better display and battery life' date=' and the HP is just easy to use and also good battery life so idk.

[/quote']

Like some guys said earlier. If it's just a work laptop, that doesn't need alot of bells and whistles, go with the Hp. We have all HP's for work laptops and they are pretty good. I haven't had any problems yet.

CDBS14 ]

what is better a sony vaio or an HP laptop with the same ram and memory and everything' date=' the only difference is the brand. so which one is better?

[/quote']Thats what it depends on, but since it is just going to be for basic work stuff (internet, email, word doc, excel, etc..) no music, no movies it wont matter.