I need help, all tv freaks I'm calling you!

Lol anyways I'm thinking of buying a tv since i have some money left over from school, my budget is about 850 and i will only shop at walmart since i have a friend that works there and he can give me the discount even tho is only 10% is good enough for me lol. anyways i seen a few tvs at walmart but the cheapest one that is an 1080p is a Vizio 42" for $896.00 anyways im wondering if thats a good tv, or if there is any better out there within my budget ( im pretty sure there isn't but hey its a worth a try asking lol) So help?!

I own a 50 inch vizio plasma, and the quality for the price is excellent. I love mine. 3 hdmi inputs in the back, picture in picture. I really couldn't ask for more. I only paid a grand for it, which included a 4 year in home warranty.

I have one of the 32" Vizio's and it sits about 4 feet from my face, I LOVE it. ESPECIALLY for the price!!

Now here's what you're looking for(and if I were you I'd really wait for Goat to write you a book on here) however here it is some truths and opinions I'll let you decide....

720 is ok for smaller TVs, 1080 is for bigger TVs starting at 42". You don't gain much with 1080 on smaller tvs.

"p" vs. "i" I'm assuming you know the difference and the deal here is that there are a couple processor speeds on this. And the faster the processor the better it works. A slow processor with a "p" won't look as good sometimes as it would in "i" and this is where your money is saved "i" is cheaper.

Plasma vs LCD, I assuming you're going flat panel, cause if you have the space, for the dollar a DLP is the best you can get. Plasmas are awesome in the proper condition in the proper room and for old guys that like sports. LCD has made leeps and bounds recently and doesn't have some of the problems that plasma has with screen fade. They both WILL fade but it takes longer on the LCD.

With your budget you're probably going to end up with a Vizio, use your friend, make sure they keep you in the loop, you'd hate to buy when when a better deal is maybe only a couple weeks away.

Im considering ReEnlisting and my reenlistment bonus is 36K. I will be paying off my old bike and buying 2 TVs. The one that you are looking at is a good deal. Im considering getting that for my bedroom. Then getting a 58 for downstairs. Spend about 6K on TVs and surround sound. Not to mention, my whole signing bonus would be tax free since Id be doing it while overseas.

I recommend what your looking at, good TV with great quality.

Will you be mostly using this tv for gaming? If so I would go for a 32" or 26"

The reason I say this is because I have 3 HDTV'S. a 19", 26" & a 42". All Magnovox

They are all great but on the 42" I catch myself having to look left or right & focus in no matter how far I am from the screen. I think it reduces reaction speed & in that split second you can get bagged by a tango.

Check out this one & spend the other $300 on beer & pizza!

It supports 480,720,1080i & 1080p

http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/magnavox/N=5+328411+302356/

MaluNYMets ]

Hey man try some Sony outlet malls. They offer some refurbished ones for like a grand less at times. You should check it.

Sony makes a good TV, but seriously c'mon now fanboy.. lol

Dont waste the extra dough on the name.

He is a student, not furninshing his new house.