The reason behind your name?

My first name was Gen.Hawk. I was a big G.I Joe fan back in the day and seeing how hawk is a part of my name and I took charge on the battle field, being called general was a no brainer. Then came the socom ca and some asshole decide to take my name so ensued the name change to Devil and my love for sniping the shit out of people lol. One of the marines at work who I use to play with online saw it fit to call me DevilHawk, and the name has stuck ever since then.

:X mine started out back in warcraft II as goose on drugs, but that never ryhmed, and when i hit socom it was stealthyCOW only cause COWonCRACK wouldnt fit, and well once socom 2 came out and it could.. i immediatly changed. i love it now because people usually compliment me cause they think its funny as hell. and it sparks interesting conversations. i.e. wtf does a COWonCRACK look like?

UNCLE-SID25 ]

My name is a slang term for a popular rec drug introduced as such in the late 60's... It was just kinda funny to see "you were killed by Uncle-sid25" on socom and I have had it since week 2 of SC1... Before that (for 2 weeks) my name was WindowPain. 8)

Man i used to love that road.. lol

CDBS14 ]

CDBS14 each letter stands for a part of my name and my cousins name

C- Carlos

D- David; cousins name' date=' he goes by DCBS28 or Coldkiller212

B- my last name

S- Sparky the dogs name, lol

14- my birthday november 14

I always thought 14 was your age. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

My name is a slang term for a popular rec drug introduced as such in the late 60's... It was just kinda funny to see "you were killed by Uncle-sid25" on socom and I have had it since week 2 of SC1... Before that (for 2 weeks) my name was WindowPain. 8)

Man i used to love that road.. lol

CDBS14 ]

CDBS14 each letter stands for a part of my name and my cousins name

C- Carlos

D- David; cousins name' date=' he goes by DCBS28 or Coldkiller212

B- my last name

S- Sparky the dogs name, lol

14- my birthday november 14

I always thought 14 was your age. lol

lol na im 15 and i turn 16 novmeber ;D ;D

My first name ever was Dirge113.

113 being my favorite number and "Dirge" was an old comic book character I created. I still wish I had chosen that name to stick with to this day sometimes.

Merlin was over at my place around the time we were starting to form APC when we were kicking around names that "we were going to stick with." Merlin and I, aside from being great friends, are great TOOL fans (hence, even the name of our old clan). Out of all the Tool songs, Merlin thought the name "Undertow" was the most prominent and ominous of them all. I was on the fence about changing from Dirge, but he told me "dude, this is a fucking KICKASS name and if YOU don't take it, -I- will!" Thinking about the possibility of regretting never taking his kickass suggestion, I changed my name and have been Undertow ever since.

For those that don't know, an "undertow" is a silent and invisible current beneath the water's surface that can drag a person from a manageable depth of water and pull them under, drowning them.

Guest SuddenRedScare

Hope you don't mind me crashing this thread. :)

Quite honestly, I have no idea how I came up with this name. It just came to me one day. I've always been into 20th century history but nothing interested me more than the Cold War. I took a term widely associated with the war, added the adjective sudden in there, and called it a name. I always thought it was pretty original. I have yet to see anyone with any type of Red Scare name.

Sudden - Happening, coming, made, or done quickly, without warning, or unexpectedly.

Red Scare - The fear of the spread of communism.

The old name I ran with until recently was Andawg. That one came from WAYYYYYY back in high school wehre a group of us, well, were all "dawgs" this is back before Randy made it cool on American Idol. So we had J-Dawg, Ross-Dawg, AnDawg.....get it.

The next generation of SOCOM is coming out and I decided to change to something I'm hoping is cooler. If you're old enough you know who Sgt. Joe Friday is, and more importantly what he stands for, I think you'll agree it's a good name.