An Evo, for the car guys

I think this would answer it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7BDvvduWig&feature=related

Although it is not running off of reg gas (which I find hard to believe from that evo anyways) its a door slammer, with real sheet metal, lights and interior... So in a state with out noise or pollution laws you could pull up next to the rice burner in this. ;)

Its about American muscle and torque

that is dope.. DrKillYou in 503 has an evo.. well its his second one...here is the post he put up on our brds:

My car is toast. Long story short: Was being tailgated on a rural road, decided to go WOT on a straight away to get them off my ass, came to the end of straight and found out snow tires + wet chip seal road = shitty braking. Went straight off the road, cleared a ditch, hit and bounced over railroad tracks. It's heading to the body shop this morning. Anybody have any pointers for when I get there? I've never dealt with this kind of thing before and I don't want to get screwed over.

I'm fine. There is a lot more damage than I thought last night. The roof is wrinkled so it's got some major structural damage. Hopefully they'll total it.

DSC_0918Large.jpg

DSC_0933Large.jpg

DSC_0922Large.jpg

DSC_0921Large.jpg

The ditch I cleared. Nailed the tracks

DSC_0915Large.jpg

Broken steering column

DSC_0930Large.jpg

fucked wheel, probably took the majority of the impact

DSC_0893Large.jpg

DSC_0896Large.jpg

Debris field, notice the small dent in the tracks on the lower right. those things are solid

DSC_0916Large.jpg

The turn

DSC_0913Large.jpg

More roof wrinkles

DSC_0923Large.jpg

Album:

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/mccrawc/Wrecked%20Evo/

he now has a new Evo.. which he drives a lil more careful..

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I think this would answer it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7BDvvduWig&feature=related

Although it is not running off of reg gas (which I find hard to believe from that evo anyways) its a door slammer, with real sheet metal, lights and interior... So in a state with out noise or pollution laws you could pull up next to the rice burner in this. ;)

Its about American muscle and torque

Not the same thing, Sid. ;) While that mustang is dirty, it isn't a street car. Most definitley a track car, and a nasty one at that. The Evo was running off gas the first few runs. I'm not an evo fan by any means. I'm a BMW and american muscle guy. I thought it was sweet that you could go get the wife from work and run a 9 sec 1/4 all in the same trip. ;D

i honestly think it was b/s a sub 10 sec car you need a nhra cert on the car and a nhra license. that car doesnt have a 6 point cage/ let alone a 5 point cage required for a 10 sec car. it did look like it might have had 5 point belts. the first pass it ran that at any NHRA track it would get told to leave and not come back till it passed a NHRA inspection. serious reprecutions if NHRA found out that the track was allowing this. And yes i use to bracket race a 10 sec car.

Banshee07 ]

i honestly think it was b/s a sub 10 sec car you need a nhra cert on the car and a nhra license. that car doesnt have a 6 point cage/ let alone a 5 point cage required for a 10 sec car. it did look like it might have had 5 point belts. the first pass it ran that at any NHRA track it would get told to leave and not come back till it passed a NHRA inspection. serious reprecutions if NHRA found out that the track was allowing this. And yes i use to bracket race a 10 sec car.

I've seen his other vids. I don't think it's bs. Since it was an "experiment", they probably got past most restrictions. Not to mention, there are quite a few unsanctioned tracks around the country. The one here, well in Douglas, even lost it's sanctioning for awhile there, until they repaired the fucked up track. So I could see it going down. Banshee, I bet that was sweet!! I've been in a few 11-12 second cars and it was sick.

LMAO!!! Now that's funny sid. You can't race at Amoco anymore. The police drive up there multiple times a night now. :(

Well some guys still do, but almost everytime someone in the group gets a ticket for it. I personally have always thought that they should leave them alone. Kids(old and young) are going to race, and at least out there, the only ones that might get hurt are the racers. Now they race up the new second street extension, and someone is going to get t-boned.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I remember guys taking trailer cars out there... In fact I remember a cop or two with a car or two out there lol Man things have changed I guess... I must be getn old >:(

I heard that. All the cops back then are retiring and the new young guys are too aggressive for working in WYOMING. I'm not saying they are bad cops, they just need to chill a bit. :P

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
BigMoneyNacku ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

I remember guys taking trailer cars out there... In fact I remember a cop or two with a car or two out there lol Man things have changed I guess... I must be getn old >:(

I heard that. All the cops back then are retiring and the new young guys are too aggressive for working in WYOMING. I'm not saying they are bad cops, they just need to chill a bit. :P

lol. thats cuz all they hire is burnt out big city cops anymore, and they all come in with a chip on their shoulder. you think its bad in casper, you oughta deal with em in a small town with nothing to do!!