How far games have come...

Well, we all know by now that everyone in this community is either playing SOCOM or CoD4.

BUT, and I thought this would be entertaining.....if memory serves, can you remember the VERY FIRST home video CONSOLE (non-computer) game you've ever played in your life?

I thought back a bit....

I WAS going to say "Kung-Fu" on the Nintendo.

But then I remembered I had to think back a bit.

I thought it was "Asteroids" on the Atari.

Then I really remembered, just a few months before that.....my very first video game I EVER played was "Kaboom!" on my Intelevision.

WOW......memory lane is a scary place.

I remember those graphics, and think about what I play on now.

Geez. ;)

super mario bros. and duckhunt on the NES. my cousin was the only bastard lucky enough to have it cause his mom sent it over while she was working here cause at the time we were still living in el salvador, all his stupid friends and all the freaking kids in the neighborhood would come just to watch and to have a go at the game lol cause back then we also had one of the few TVs in our neighborhood :P awwwww memories of being poor in a 3rd world country and enjoying video games nonetheless....really makes me thankful of being able to pwn nubs on my PS3 these days.

I was about 5... I cant remember what the name of the system was- My uncle ran a huge electronics store in the early 80's and he had all the toys... I do remember the game had a control pad with a ton of buttons on it (you would place a card over it so you knew what buttons were for what). I played a very complex game (or at least it was in my mind lol)- The game was sick, it was like "the last star fighter" type of game... Depending on how you ran your missions you would get a rank at the end, like galactic trash hauler or top fighter etc...

Anyone know what system or game that might of been?

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I was about 5... I cant remember what the name of the system was- My uncle ran a huge electronics store in the early 80's and he had all the toys... I do remember the game had a control pad with a ton of buttons on it (you would place a card over it so you knew what buttons were for what). I played a very complex game (or at least it was in my mind lol)- The game was sick, it was like "the last star fighter" type of game... Depending on how you ran your missions you would get a rank at the end, like galactic trash hauler or top fighter etc...

Anyone know what system or game that might of been?

you mean the Intellivision?

How old are you 40? :P jk

This is very hard, I can't remember the first actual game I played. I'm thinking Atari and Asteroids. I do know I grew up with an Intellivision II and the games on there rocked, at the time. I still have all the games and the system. There is an Activision game that has most of the old games on one disc for a PS2, I still pop that in once in awhile for a trip down memorey lane.

I played a game called Utopia and B-17 Bomber A LOT. Then the NES and Tetris came along and the "OLD school" stuff got put away.

Undertow ]

Well, we all know by now that everyone in this community is either playing SOCOM or CoD4.

BUT, and I thought this would be entertaining.....if memory serves, can you remember the VERY FIRST home video CONSOLE (non-computer) game you've ever played in your life?

I thought back a bit....

I WAS going to say "Kung-Fu" on the Nintendo.

But then I remembered I had to think back a bit.

I thought it was "Asteroids" on the Atari.

Then I really remembered, just a few months before that.....my very first video game I EVER played was "Kaboom!" on my Intelevision.

WOW......memory lane is a scary place.

I remember those graphics, and think about what I play on now.

Geez. ;)

Tow, can you explain that game a bit? Intellivision was my first console and I swear I had just about every game for that thing, but I don't remember that one. My favorites were Night Stalker, Happy Trails, Snaffu, all the sports ones, and of course pitfall :)

Atari ... Pong for sure.

Eventually, I came to own

Space Invaders

spaceinvaders_p1.gif

Donkey Kong

donkeykong_p1.gif

Frogger

frogger_p1.gif

Pole Position

poleposition_t.gif

Defender

defender_p1.gif

Ms. Pac Man

mspacman_p1.gif

My friend had the Intellivision.

Does anyone remember the game that was the little airplane that flew over the water and you had to fly over the gas tanks to fill it up and shoot stuff out of the way like boats in the water. Then every now and then a plane would fly across the screen and you had to shoot them? I LOVED that game! And Pitfall was another good one.

OH, I just remembered ... River Raid! Good times.

s_RiverRaid_1.png

s_RiverRaid_2.png

s_RiverRaid_3.png

I was very young and remember going to my moms friends house and playing pong. Then i used to go to my friends house every day before school and play on his atari 2600. My first system i ever had was a texas instruments console with a knock off of space invaders......mom wanted me to have a system that i could learn on, not just a gameplay system like to atari (what i asked for christmas). I eventually broke the shit out of it.