the presidential debate

First and foremost. All the sudden Obama doesn't what to surrender to terrorists?

Count the times Obama agreed with "John". I counted 5, but I was playing the beta while watching.

I call this debate a draw. Obama made some compelling arguements, has no record of backing them up, and "John" didnt call him on it.

"John" has a record, and didn't do a very good job of defending it.

"John" got his hits in, but failed to get specific. Obama did what he always does, rely on non-specifics and got away with it.

Obama got away with this round without getting hurt. So he won. He didnt' win because he had the better arguement, he won because more of his record wasn't exposed for all to see.

A lost opportunity for McCain.

HogWild ]

First and foremost. All the sudden Obama doesn't what to surrender to terrorists?

Count the times Obama agreed with "John". I counted 5, but I was playing the beta while watching.

I call this debate a draw. Obama made some compelling arguements, has no record of backing them up, and "John" didnt call him on it.

"John" has a record, and didn't do a very good job of defending it.

"John" got his hits in, but failed to get specific. Obama did what he always does, rely on non-specifics and got away with it.

Obama got away with this round without getting hurt. So he won. He didnt' win because he had the better arguement, he won because more of his record wasn't exposed for all to see.

A lost opportunity for McCain.

I am not even joking about this. But I got to say Obama isn't a great debater especially without his teleprompter today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUac5Bm288

CDBS14 ]

i wont post anything political' date=' ill leave it to you guys. but what do you think of it?

BTW it is hilarious how obama keeps calling john, Jim, lol. he is always mixing their names, lol

[/quote']

Dude the moderator's name is Jim, and he was talking to him.

You can't expect a knockout punch the first debate. When we get to the last one, we'll see the serious "swinging"

I know who I thought won, it wasn't by much but was a victory. Everyone's personal beliefs lets everyone "hear" differently so a true victor is hard to judge. It was one of the best debates I've ever seen. I thought it went very well and can't wait for the next one.

Well it comes down to who will make the right choices.....

Obama thought Iraq was wrong, he knew it had nothing to do with 9/11, and Mccain supported the war at the beggining. Obama thought the focus should have been on al qaeda who was in Afghanistan. Going into Iraq has given more influence to Iran in the region. Going there in the first place was a total fuck up, Obama had the foresight to see that and McCain did not. McCain supported the President's decison that was wrong.

So yeah lets look at who has the better record. Why haven't we defeated the Taliban and al qaeda after being in Afghanistan for six years? It is because we went to war in Iraq in 2003 and that took the focus off the bad guys.

LORD_LUCIFER ]

Obama thought Iraq was wrong, he knew it had nothing to do with 9/11, and Mccain supported the war at the beggining. Obama thought the focus should have been on al qaeda who was in Afghanistan. Going into Iraq has given more influence to Iran in the region. Going there in the first place was a total fuck up, Obama had the foresight to see that and McCain did not. McCain supported the President's decison that was wrong.

So yeah lets look at who has the better record. Why haven't we defeated the Taliban and al qaeda after being in Afghanistan for six years? It is because we went to war in Iraq in 2003 and that took the focus off the bad guys.

i'm buying you beer tonight, getting you drunk, and taking advantage of you. :-*

LORD_LUCIFER ]

Does doing the right thing for the wrong reason make it the wrong thing to do?

UNCLE-SID25 ]
KingJunK ]

John McCain just fragged John McCain with confusion.

Oboma's communications are down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUac5Bm288

Since he cant speak english he wants your kids to speak spanish:

John McCain commits suicide with confusion.

I am RICH BITCH!!!! Either pay up or GET OUT!!

I...I....I....uhh Thats NOT Change we can believe in...

It's nice to actually agree with you Hog for once. LOL Although for different reasons of course. I think it was also a tie. I thought Obama let John go on many issues and didn't attack enough. Although many of us see it as a tie all the news channels INCLUDING Fox said Obama wins cause independents think Obama won, which is huge for him. McCain did let some opportunities go, but Obama did too. I thought Obama did fine overall though, and looked very presidential which was one of the main things he wanted to show america.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wup4nsIWe8A

-REVEREND- ]

Yeah, Obama should of really nailed John when he talked about caring for the vets, as his voting record on the G.I. bill tells a different story.

Tell the whole truth please. The bill that McCain voted against was laden with pork and wasteful spending. It was a principled vote that is in line with his history of trying to cut wasteful spending. The VA bill in question was eventually passed without all the costly add on's. Us Veteran's know we have no better friend in the Congress than John McCain and no worse enemy than John Murtha.

Unlike Obama's recored of $975 MILLION DOLLARS IN EARMARKS in less than 3 years as a Senator, inluding a $100 MIILLION DOLLAR EARMARK that when to the hospital OBAMA'S WIFE WORKS FOR. And after getting that earmark, Michelle Obama's pay increased by 150%.

I gotta hand it to you Hog, You sure can spin. Maybe you should apply for a spot on his campaign...LoL... So if it was as simple as you put it, then it should of been easy for him to answer the vet who asked him at a town hall meeting why he voted against the G.I. bill for thte last what? 5 or 6 years?? He had no answer...and did his stammering fool act...LoL... Why is it that Obama has better approval numbers than McCain among all the veteran orgs. I think that town hall video is on Youtube, go check it out.

Why don't you rebut it instead of saying "you sure know how to spin it"? Hog gave you the reason the GI Bill was voted against by McCain. He has been consistent with his voting.

Obama has been consistent too. He has consistently helped the Government spent our nation into oblivion, with Earmarks and Pork spending.

-REVEREND- ]

I gotta hand it to you Hog, You sure can spin. Maybe you should apply for a spot on his campaign...LoL... So if it was as simple as you put it, then it should of been easy for him to answer the vet who asked him at a town hall meeting why he voted against the G.I. bill for thte last what? 5 or 6 years?? He had no answer...and did his stammering fool act...LoL... Why is it that Obama has better approval numbers than McCain among all the veteran orgs. I think that town hall video is on Youtube, go check it out.

Proof. Is that too much to ask? Proof that what you are saying is accurate. Not a 527 ad, not a edited video, not something from a commentator like Olbermann, Matthews, Hannity, O'Rielly, Dobbs, Colmes.

But a reputable news source that is accountable under libel laws to be truthful. Or an UNEDITED video.

You show me sources from a reputable news source that show's John McCain voted against GI legislation for the last 6 years and I'll shut up on this subject forever. That's what you said was the truth, now please back it up.

But I won't shut up, because it didn't happen. Just like, according to you, Governor Palin is despised in Alaska but still has a approval rating over 80%.

Before I go, what about the $975 million in earmarks Obama has made happen? Am I spinning that? Maybe I should post something from a reputable news organization to back up my claim.... oh wait, I already did in another thread. But I'll do it again:

http://answercenter.barackobama.com/cgi-bin/barackobama.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=172&p_created=1205426026&p_sid=TNlxoC-i&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSwxJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz

From Barrack Obama's own campaign website no less.

Now let's check John McCain's earmark requests:

There's no link, nothing about earmarks McCain had make happen. wait.... that's because McCain doesn't ask for earmarks. McCain doesn't spend tax dollars like there is no tommorrow. That's what the other guy does.

HogWild ]
-REVEREND- ]

Proof. Is that too much to ask? Proof that what you are saying is accurate. Not a 527 ad, not a edited video, not something from a commentator like Olbermann, Matthews, Hannity, O'Rielly, Dobbs, Colmes.

But a reputable news source that is accountable under libel laws to be truthful. Or an UNEDITED video.

You show me sources from a reputable news source that show's John McCain voted against GI legislation for the last 6 years and I'll shut up on this subject forever. That's what you said was the truth, now please back it up.

But I won't shut up, because it didn't happen. Just like, according to you, Governor Palin is despised in Alaska but still has a approval rating over 80%.

Before I go, what about the $975 million in earmarks Obama has made happen? Am I spinning that? Maybe I should post something from a reputable news organization to back up my claim.... oh wait, I already did in another thread. But I'll do it again:

http://answercenter.barackobama.com/cgi-bin/barackobama.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=172&p_created=1205426026&p_sid=TNlxoC-i&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSwxJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz

From Barrack Obama's own campaign website no less.

Now let's check John McCain's earmark requests:

There's no link, nothing about earmarks McCain had make happen. wait.... that's because McCain doesn't ask for earmarks. McCain doesn't spend tax dollars like there is no tommorrow. That's what the other guy does.

just wondering, 80% approval rating. who did they ask? what part of alaska? what age group? you never know surveys usually tend to be one sided to get the results they want, not the real results. for example if they asked in NYC who the better candidate is, chances are in the suburbs you will get straight up 98% obama, and in an area where there is business say 71st continental in queens you will get like 95% maccain. 805 approval who were the subjects of the survey?

I LOVED it when McCain was talking about Iran and he said, "The Iranians have a lousy government, so therefore their economy is lousy ... ." Now, what kind of conclusion could one draw about the U.S. from that statement?

Such a stupid thing to say. Certainly makes me want to vote another Repub into office. :-X