Philadelphia Phillies 2008 N.L East Champs!!!

J-Rite ]
MRM3T ]
J-Rite ]

phillysucks.

just a reminder ;)

cubs are taking the NL.

I think I was the person that posted that url when someone was looking for a domain name lol.......Better Enjoy your time on top phillies..it won't last long i garauntee you that ;D >:( ;D

LOL you might've' date=' but it's a legit website. pretty funny too.

[/quote']

Dude its so hard not to stare at your avatar or icon or Whatever..... :o ;D

All the brewers have is CC. I'd rather have brewers then dodgers! Sheets last 2 innings yesterday cause of his arm. We just swept brewers last week or 2 weeks ago 4 game series 4-0..

Phillies will get into second round after that it'll be tough!

I'm so looking forward to next year. Burrell is off the cap that frees up 16 million. and i have a feeling cashman from yanks will be there new GM.. LoL

Guest SuddenRedScare
PHILLYFAN ]

All the brewers have is CC.

LOL! You obviously don't know your sports. Just another ignorant Philly fan I guess...

Let me lay this out:

1B - Fielder = Howard

2B - Weeks < Utley

3B - Hall < Feliz

SS - Hardy > Rollins

LF - Braun > Burrell

CF - Cameron < Victorino

RF - Hart > Werth

C - Kendall > Ruiz

Playoffs work on a 3 man rotation

I'll take CC, Sheets, and Gallardo over Hammels, Blanton, and Moyer ANYDAY.

I am glad for Philly. I know that Philly loves their sports teams. Personally I am a Flyers fan, already have 6 tickets to the Flyers/Blackhawks game on Dec 26th! ;D

As far as your Sig I would rather put someone OTHER then Briere, maybe Gagne or Richards. Briere is a good player but doesn't seem to show up when we need him.

PHILLYFAN ]

LOL! You obviously don't know your sports. Just another ignorant Philly fan I guess...

Let me lay this out:

1B - Fielder = Howard

2B - Weeks < Utley

3B - Hall < Feliz

SS - Hardy > Rollins

LF - Braun > Burrell

CF - Cameron < Victorino

RF - Hart > Werth

C - Kendall > Ruiz

First of all who are you to call me a ignorant Phillyfan asshole!

Secondly to say howard and fielder are = your a moron! He has almost 50 more RBI's and 15 more HR lmao pojus and howard are more = ....Fielder is not even in there category. Will he eventually maybe but not now sunny!

If anything rollins and hardy are =, but you cant even put them in the same category cause rollins is a lead of hitter and hardy bats 5th! Rollins is a way better dman. If anyone could pick from rollins and hardy they take rollins!

Ruiz isnt even are starter coste is. Ruiz catchs moyer and comes in during the 8th.

If sheets makes a playoff appearance he wont get past the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And are playoff 3 starters are hamels,moyer, myers!

Again you must be wannabe sports fan who thinks he knows sports!

PHILLYFAN ]

Let me lay this out:

1B - Fielder = Howard

2B - Weeks < Utley

3B - Hall < Feliz

SS - Hardy > Rollins

LF - Braun > Burrell

CF - Cameron < Victorino

RF - Hart > Werth

C - Kendall > Ruiz

The fact you have fielder and howard as equals is IGNORANT... from top to bottom I would take phillies lineup over the brew crew any day of the week. If I was a brew crew fan I would pray to god I could pitch CC everyday, but fact is phils will prob face him only once resulting in the brewers only win of the series. Not to mention the phils bullpen has been fantastic the entire season and especially down the stretch. Did I mention the phils have brad lidge??? Please do the phils a favor and put Eric gagne in the game, he has been nothing but a let down for the brewers.

Hamels will be pitching game one on 7+ days rest. CC won't be able to go until game 2 or 3 depending on how he feels. Myers has been lights out since being recalled from the minors. How has "All-star" ben sheets been latly?? Oh thats right, his past game he was rocked... and his past 10 games the "All-star" is 3 and 5 with two ND's not to mention he gave up 5 runs in 6 inning's of work when he visited philly last time out resulting in a big LOSS.

All in all, the brewers taste of the postseason will be as short lived. I'm a philly fan ( If you havent figured that out ;D, and i do know my baseball ) and I dont live in a fantasy world that you may think I live in, with that said I realize the Cubs are in the playoffs and with their starting pitching its going to be tough for all three national league teams to take them down!

My pick for the World Series, Either the Angels or Red Sox... AL is too strong, yet AGAIN :'(

Don't forget what happened to Lidge the last time he had a great regular season and he was in the post season, didn't he implode?

Brewers bullpen is a mess and their rotation is inconsistent BUT they have some young and hungry ball players so it won't be a cake walk but the Phils should win.

Cubs play the Dodgers, Cubs always seem to have a different team when they get in to playoffs. It will be interesting.

PHILLYFAN ]

Let me lay this out:

1B - Fielder = Howard

2B - Weeks < Utley

3B - Hall < Feliz

SS - Hardy > Rollins

LF - Braun > Burrell

CF - Cameron < Victorino

RF - Hart > Werth

C - Kendall > Ruiz

The fact you have fielder and howard as equals is IGNORANT... from top to bottom I would take phillies lineup over the brew crew any day of the week. If I was a brew crew fan I would pray to god I could pitch CC everyday, but fact is phils will prob face him only once resulting in the brewers only win of the series. Not to mention the phils bullpen has been fantastic the entire season and especially down the stretch. Did I mention the phils have brad lidge??? Please do the phils a favor and put Eric gagne in the game, he has been nothing but a let down for the brewers.

Hamels will be pitching game one on 7+ days rest. CC won't be able to go until game 2 or 3 depending on how he feels. Myers has been lights out since being recalled from the minors. How has "All-star" ben sheets been latly?? Oh thats right, his past game he was rocked... and his past 10 games the "All-star" is 3 and 5 with two ND's not to mention he gave up 5 runs in 6 inning's of work when he visited philly last time out resulting in a big LOSS.

All in all, the brewers taste of the postseason will be as short lived. I'm a philly fan ( If you havent figured that out ;D, and i do know my baseball ) and I dont live in a fantasy world that you may think I live in, with that said I realize the Cubs are in the playoffs and with their starting pitching its going to be tough for all three national league teams to take them down!

My pick for the World Series, Either the Angels or Red Sox... AL is too strong, yet AGAIN :'(

well said!

Guest SuddenRedScare

I'd take Fielder over Howard and his 200 strikeouts a year any day. As for Hardy and Rollins, I'm comparing them statistically and statistically, Hardy is the better choice. As for Sheets, you're right. That cry baby mother fucker will not even make a start. If it was up to me, I would just leave him off the roster. Jeff Suppan would be a better choice anyways due to his post season experience. I am not sad to see him go at all. He has done good for the organization and I wish him well, but let it be fair warning, paying 20 million a year for 20-25 starts isn't a good investment.

simihi ]

Hope to see you in the next round, I like our chances against the Cubs. Go Dodgers.

Good luck against my boys, your gonna need it. The big D is lights out pitching at home, then you got the big Z in game 2, and the young gun Harden in game 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs allowed no more than 15 hits the whole series.

I'd take Fielder over Howard and his 200 strikeouts a year any day. As for Hardy and Rollins, I'm comparing them statistically and statistically, Hardy is the better choice. As for Sheets, you're right. That cry baby mother fucker will not even make a start. If it was up to me, I would just leave him off the roster. Jeff Suppan would be a better choice anyways due to his post season experience. I am not sad to see him go at all. He has done good for the organization and I wish him well, but let it be fair warning, paying 20 million a year for 20-25 starts isn't a good investment.

He only had 199 get it right! Reynolds has like 205 I think who lead the majors. Also I'm sure Fielder struck out atleast 130-150x. Fielder is a slob. Looks like a big pork chop swinging the bat.

And again only way you can compare rollins and hardy is at there position which rollins is a gold glover and hardy is not. Comparing batters between a lead of hitter and a 5th? hitter is stupid and non sense!

BTW all these stats don't mean shit in the playoffs! Brewers will only win 1 game! IF THAT! And you better cherish this post season cause it will be your last for some time! CC+Sheets+Cameron+Torress+Gagne+Moto+Counsell= buh bye!

We have our nucleus locked up with spending money this off season!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention CC was a rental player, unless they are willing to pay CC big bucks next season I fully expect to see CC pitching for another club, most likely the god damn yankees ::)

Lets do some math shall we...

Since 2006 the numbers are as follows...

Ryan Howard - In 465 games, AB 1720, 303 Runs scored, 477 Hits, 77 2b, 153 HR's, and 431 RBI's even with 579 SO.

Prince Fielder - In 474 games, AB 1730, 277 Runs scored, 481 Hits, 100 2b, 112 HR's and 302 RBI's with 380 SO.

Howard struck out 199 more yes, but his job is to DRIVE IN RUNS. And his numbers back that up, Howard not only has 41 MORE HR's then Prince BUT 129 MORE RBI's. If you still want to complain about howard's strikeout's over the past 3 years also here is another stat, On Base Percentage; Over the Past three Years Howard's average an OBP of .385 and Fielder has averaged an OBP of .371. Again with all those Strikeout Howard has managed to average an higher OBP then Fielder. Could you imagine if howard connected on say 60 of those strikeout's for a single, 2b or HR!!??? I'm not knocking Fielder at all, he is a great player and has tons of talent. Just when it comes to doing their job, which is driving in Runs, HOWARD wins ;D

*Note

I'm not taking into consideration Prince Fielder's first season due to obvious reasons, mainly he only played 39 games.

Stats can be found here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=6097

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=5915

As an unobjective bystander I must say though rbi numbers can be scewed by the quality of the hitters before each of them. or instance I see the Phillies having many more quality on base guys than the Brewers do. Yes I suppose the rest of the numbers don't lie but still I don't like the fact that Howard strikes out so much. I would much rather have a contact hitter on my team than a guy who either jacks a homer or misses completely. In my opinion Joe Mauer is the best player in the game today and he is so young its ridiculous.

As an unobjective bystander I must say though rbi numbers can be scewed by the quality of the hitters before each of them. or instance I see the Phillies having many more quality on base guys than the Brewers do. Yes I suppose the rest of the numbers don't lie but still I don't like the fact that Howard strikes out so much. I would much rather have a contact hitter on my team than a guy who either jacks a homer or misses completely. In my opinion Joe Mauer is the best player in the game today and he is so young its ridiculous.

Joe Mauer is 25 :) Prince Fielder is 24, but thank god Mauer is in the AL ;D Also if you look at the numbers yes howard has tons of stikeouts, but yet still has 4 hits less then Fielder.

Joe Mauer is 25 :) Prince Fielder is 24, but thank god Mauer is in the AL ;D Also if you look at the numbers yes howard has tons of stikeouts, but yet still has 4 hits less then Fielder.

I'm not saying fielder is better I'm just saying I like contact guys. In my opinion Howard is better for the simple fact that he can run the bases without having to stop at 2nd for air. :) Joe Mauer is the best and yes thank god he is in the AL for now. I would kill for the Cubs to get him some how. He is the future of the league.