vice presidential debate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! That's funny. I thought she held her own. Expectations were so low that if she pretty much showed up and said nothing stupid she would be ok. lol She was so rhetorical with her answers. Kept repeating herself like in some of those Katie interviews. Over all I think Biden fared better, but she did hold her own. Best line for me was when Biden zinged her with "that IS truly the bridge to nowhere"... when talking about Johnny's health care. LMAO! :D

haha! That's funny. I thought she held her own. Expectations were so low that if she pretty much showed up and said nothing stupid she would be ok. lol She was so rhetorical with her answers. Kept repeating herself like in some of those Katie interviews. Over all I think Biden fared better, but she did hold her own. Best line for me was when Biden zinged her with "that IS truly the bridge to nowhere"... when talking about Johnny's health care. LMAO! :D

yea i felt she kept repaeting over and over at how macain was a maverick and all the midle class stuff, every question somehow was related to her personal life, i mean damn, lol. and J-RITE THAT QUOTE IS EPIC.

First, I made a post about the moderator might be biased on a book she is or has written. Iffil did a proffesional job, nothing less should be expected. While I don't feel the need to pat her on the back for doing her job professionally, there was a question of bias, and she wasn't. So I'll clear the record on that point. Iffil did cut Palin off twice and allowed Biden on three occasions to violate debate rules to counterpoint out of turn. But it wasn't over the top. So I will say she did her job well. Even though everytime Palin was cut off Palin quit talking.

Today the Obama campaign said what a great debater Palin is. To lower the expectation bar.

I think Palin should debate Obama next. Palin did against Biden what McCain should have done against Obama.

Palin countered every point, and had the history to back up those counters. She used Biden's history against him, such as Biden would be "honored to be Vice President to John McCain". But now he can't agree with McCain on anything. Politics, and Palin called him on it.

Palin spoke intelligently on every subject. Biden didn't have an answer for his own critisism's of Obama, they are on the recored, he said it and there is no use in denying it.

Both had a couple of mis-spoken words. Not a lot to make of each of them.

Palin won because she showed the Palin I know of and didn't show the Palin that was in the Gibson and Couric interviews. She was more like herself, the person I had seen in my research when her name first came up 4 months ago as a possible VP candidate.

Biden didn't hurt his side be being his over talking and truth stretching self (forced to land in Afghanistan due to enemy fire but really it was weather conditions in a military helicopter). He made a couple misleading statements, mainly with his agreement McCain and now is counter to his stance as Obama's VP pick.

Palin also covered her own record. And it's impressive. She's done a lot as a rookie Governor.

Biden should have creamed her and didn't. So Palin wins. Now if we can just get the McCain advisors to stop over-handeling her we will be in business. The woman got 80% approval ratings in Alaska by herself, she doesn't need handling.

I would just add....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJlSt9ib3ns&eurl=http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/02/carl-cameron-reuters-pressing-to-have-palins-ears-checked-for-secret-radios/

Palin did have her hair pulled back over her ears. So eat the Rueters!

But since we are searching for stuff. Let's look for Biden's integrity, like when he told the story of being forced to land by enemy fire in Afghanistan, but it was a forced landing due to weather and those with Biden on that trip are on the record it was no big deal. Anyone remember the Tulza - Clinton incident? You know, if you have never faced real danger, lie about facing real danger.

Someone please, please, and please ask me to back that ^^^^ up. I've got it cocked and ready in my holster.

CDBS14 ]

not to start argument just posting from what i hear or see on tv.

most if not all of the networks are saying Biden wins. the range by which he wins varies but they say he won.

So, if some a**hole on TV tells you it's so, you believe it?

It's like I haven't said a thing.

Think for yourself. Use more than one news source. Watch the debate, you can pull it up on the web and make up your own mind.

Do that, come back here and comment on what YOU believe. Don't be a sheep. Don't spout what some "expert" who's making more money than you or I for getting on TV and doing nothing more than talking is making. Verify for yourself. Make up your own mind and be proud of that. I'm a freaking expert, I have a mortgage, I have car payments, I have a kid in college. Who is going to tell me how tough it is? Who is going to tell me what I need that I don't already know?

I need some tool on cable news to tell me how it is? I don't think so.

CDBS14 ]

most if not all of the networks are saying Biden wins. the range by which he wins varies but they say he won.

That's because he did. I give Palin her kudos for not giving a Katie answer. LOL That would have been a disaster. She had no answers with any depth, and kept going back to energy and her state when she didn't know the answers. How humble of her also to tell the moderator that she wasn't going to play by the rules and answer her questions or Biden's when that's why they were there! LMAO! She didn't lay out ANY plan, like Biden DID. Amazing that when ask what flaws she has... she talked about her strengths and didn't name ONE. Biden was humble enough to name a few.

On a side note... McCain pulled out of Michigan all together. No tv ads, mailers, staff... etc. Pulled out completely. This is very bad for him. Michigan is a big state to have in your column. This is bigger news then this VP debate IMO. ;D

HogWild ]
CDBS14 ]

So' date=' if some a**hole on TV tells you it's so, you believe it?

Think for yourself. Use more than one news source. Watch the debate, you can pull it up on the web and make up your own mind.

Do that, come back here and comment on what YOU believe. Don't be a sheep. Don't spout what some "expert" who's making more money than you or I for getting on TV and doing nothing more than talking is making. Verify for yourself. Make up your own mind and be proud of that. I'm a freaking expert, I have a mortgage, I have car payments, I have a kid in college. Who is going to tell me how tough it is? Who is going to tell me what I need that I don't already know?

[/quote']

thats not my opinion, i wont post my opinion, i dont even vote yet. i posted what i heard and saw on tv what the 'ANALYSTS SAY', also it is a bit contradictory and ironic you say i believe everything on tv and news media because i doubt all your info on macain and obama just appeared on your head out of the blue.

CDBS14 ]

thats not my opinion' date=' i wont post my opinion, i dont even vote yet. i posted what i heard and saw on tv what the 'ANALYSTS SAY', also it is a bit contradictory and ironic you say i believe everything on tv and news media because i doubt all your info on macain and obama just appeared on your head out of the blue.

[/quote']

No it did not, the Mcain and Obama info. It did not just jump into my head. Care to know how I am equally well versed on both sides of the arguement? I take the time to be informed.

That's my point. I don't believe the first voice I hear. I trust my own judgement better than anyone else's. That's my point.

You can believe this or not. I didn't scan the web before making my first impressions on the VP debate. If you look, you will find someone who will rip what I said to shreds. But I did write what I felt, and can give two s**t's what anyone thinks about it. This is my mind, we are allowed free speach in this country, and I don't back off one inch on what I said.

It's great to be an American.

HogWild ]
CDBS14 ]

So' date=' if some a**hole on TV tells you it's so, you believe it?

[/quote']

A-FUCKIN MEN.

HogWild ]

Michigan has voted Democrat since 1988. Home of our auto industry.

Michigan and our auto industry is in the toilet. The Mayor if Detroit is facing jail time. Obama backed that Mayor.

Maybe those in Michigan should re-think how they have been voting.

I mispelled "our" and corrected it. Hog...

Yeah Hog, you miss the point though. This was a state in play for him and internal polling showed him he had no shot at it now as many of the battleground states are trending towards Obama. I think Amercia needs to rethink how they have been voting and make that map ALL BLUE! These last 8 years have been the some of our darkest under Republican rule. :-*

I don't miss anything.

Michigan is a Democratic voting state.

Michigan builds cars.

Michigan's economy and car building industry is in the sh*tter.

Someone on ebay bought a house in Michigan for $1.75.

Michigan citizens keep voting for Democratic Presidential Candidates. Like Bill Clinton, the President that signed NAFTA into law, the same thing Obama say's is crap.

Detroit's Mayor is a criminal and Obama backed him publicly.

What point exactly am I missing? Micheal Moore made a movie about how sh*tty things are in Michigan. How much more proof you need? Moore is a ardent Democratic supporter.

The only thing being missed, is how Michigan citizens think Democrats who hate global warming think that people who make cars that cause global warming are some how their friends. Someone please explain that to me. "I make cars, cars cause global warming, Democrates hate global warming and think it's my fault, so I will VOTE for them".

Sorry, I just don't understand the logic.

I'll weigh in now, 272 lbs is what the scale said today. ::)

First of all, CDBS14 You'll learn, don't listen to the talking heads. People on TV don't seem to hear anything as it is in the real world. I'm guessing that if a Democrat had been in office the last eight years the media(talking heads) would be pushing the republican, just to boost ratings. Listen, the Today show THIS morning is warning about the dangers of giving over the counter cold medicines to kids. The statistic THEY used said that 54 kids have died between 1969-2006, 1969, that is NOT a typo. More kids will die today because of second hand smoke then that. The media doesn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

That leads me to this, if the media says Palin and Biden were close or a draw then Palin won, simply because it's not in them to give it to a republican. Everyone nit picks, I even hear about Palin kept repeating herself. How many times did Biden mess up Obama's name? I counted 8. That's a strong partner. They both repeated themselves. When Biden towards the beginning was talking about bankruptcy and chapter 9 vs 13 and the following statements where he didn't give any details and said "you don't really need to know about that" talking to the camera, UH EXCUSE me, what are you hiding there bub?

I am sorry for saying anything, I really shouldn't have. I have my opinions and should keep them to myself, just do me a favor and keep the debate HERE as friendly as possible. And if you do make a statement about what somebody said or what their beliefs are when it comes to the candidates, have the proof, REAL proof, not just some slanted. edited Youtube video. Unless it's this one...

LMAO! Once again you ARE missing the point. I'm glad you are very knowledgeable about Michigan, but not once did you address the fact that state was in play for Johnny and the repubs this year. lol You do know about "battleground" states, right? Well that was one... and Johnny conceded that. That was my point... the point that you are missing and not commenting on. ::):-*

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/02/mccain_pulls_out_of_michigan.html

Friday, The news pundits are reporting what POLLS are saying. And although I'm not a big poll fan, they DO tell what people are thinking and how they feel it went. Both candidates did well for their ticket. Biden did better overall. That's not a news pundit telling you... that's the American people telling us. That's why we have polls. That's why they have normal people like you and me at these events. They ask them afterwards how they felt about it.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/politics&id=6429313

I've been holding back on not talking about this but I think its time. After hearing some of those media comments. You might think I am crazy but think what you want its my opinion. My political science Prof a bunch of years ago is the one that revealed to me most of this stuff.

Research topics

- Operation Cyclone

- What is the bilderberg conference?

- Who is Tim Osman?

- Operation Able Danger

- Conplan 2002

- Operation Cannonbone

Please people research each one and let me know what they are. Also remember if you think this is some stupid consipracy theory YOUR WRONG. Most of these have been Declassified from the Pentagon.

The ELITE control the United STates and also the rest of the world. Who controls the media? - THE ELITE.. The money makers... The media? They report what will help their business not us.

Ofcourse more then half of the american people will believe whatever they see on tv. In 1991 at the bilderberg conference Bill Clinton was announced as the next PResident of the United States?

Bush at one point had a 91 percent approval rating. The economy was down but was picking up rapidly. How did his approval go down? Some stupid gay kid scandal? No new taxes? The economy was rising. The country was in good shape. All of a sudden a dumb scandal killed his re-election campaign? It didn't hurt bill clinton with all the scandals he went through. The economy was soaring it 1993. BILL CLINTON JUST GOT INTO OFFICE! What did he do? People think Bill Clinton is a good. THE ECONOMY WAS FALTERING 2 years before he left office.

OK guys I am not American but I am Canadian and Well as much as I hate to say it that who ever gets elected really does kind of affect Canada. I did watch part of this last night and from the part that I watched this is what I got from it. I got very bored very quickly listening to Palin keep repeating how Johnny is a maverick and how he is for reform. This is all I heard out of her. I am not sure how most of you viewed her but in my opinion she was very unsure of her self and very nervous. I would have to say that when you get to this level you should not be nervous in front of people speaking or even dealing with some very simple questions. To me this says that I sure and the hell do not want her to take over as Pres. if anything were to happen to Johnny. I would also add that if I were American I would have to vote for Obama just for the simple fact that even know he may not be all that qualified at least he has Biden who has the foreign exp. and if Obama was to drop dead at least you would have someone that could step up and run things in my opinion. I would also like to add when Palin was asked previously about her forgin affairs exp she noted that she can see Russia from Alaska and that hell Canada is bordering Alaska as well. Lets look at that answer. Canada and the US have had what I would think is the longest running treaty ever between 2 countries. Plus I live on a bordering city so we kind of consider ourselves as Canadians but we do joke that we are the 51st state. Most people view our 2 countries relationship as we are North American rather then US and Canadian. SO I really can not see that Bordering Canada is that big of a deal Unless the drinking age in Alaska is 21 then there could be that big problem of those peasky kids comming across the border to drink our nice strong beer and drink legally at 19. No as for Russia. I can see Detroit from where I live. So does that make me an expert on foreign policy. I think not. Hell I am close enough that I could pop a guy off with a rifle form our side of the river so I am guessing that I would have more experience then her seeing that you can just barely see land lol. These are just my thoughts. I know it seems like I am supporting Obama and well I guess I am cause as this kind of does affect Canada as well I think that I should have a say. SO any one that supports Johnny go ahead and rip me a new one lol.

Oh ya lets not forget that health care can be run by the gov and be successful as we do it hear in Canada. Only some things we have to cover ourselves or by our employer. Major Surgery or Hospital visits are allcovered by the Gov. We pay for Dental and for perscriptions which most people have covered through work.