Down goes KIMBO!!!

Ok I was recording this match so I have went back and watched it. I then used a stopwatch to keep track.

He was hit with a short right at 5.1 seconds in. This short right hurt him. He went down. Seth then went down after him. It appeared as though even though he was hurt by the short right and went down, he would of gotten up from that punch if Seth didn't continue the onslaught. He then threw 6 more shots as Kimbo was on all fours trying to get back up. 5 of those six landed. One was a glancing blow off Kimbo's right shoulder. The sixth shot landed at 9.8 seconds. It was at that time, Kimbo was done, without question.

The 6th shot put Kimbo on his back. The ref moved in to stop the fight but chose not to. He actually put his right hand on the back of Seth's neck as if he were about to pull him off. He then backed off and allowed 7 more rights from Seth, with 6 of them being good hard connects and then he stepped in an called the fight.

At this time, as soon as Seth was pulled off and the punching stopped, Kimbo was trying to get up and shot the leg of the referee, thinking it was Seth. He had no clue at that point.

In my opinion, when the ref almost stopped the first time, he let it go a little longer hoping the fight could continue, for the fans, MMA , CBS and Kimbo. The extra 4.2 seconds did nothing but allow Kimbo to take 6 more shots to the dome.

Seth Petruzelli was the stand in for Shamrock.

It looked like kimbo slipped- The right looked like it shocked him but not a knock out blow. I think he did get hurt when he slipped and took a temple and back of the head shot on the way down... From there he looked like target practice. But in real speed I think the fight was called well... Any earlier and folks would have cried foul.

Besides when this guy was breaking guys cheek bones, knocking eyes out of their sockets, knocking them out letting em get back up and knocking them out again- I could care less if he took an extra blow or two, its fighting... A lucky shot CAN win a fight.

I do like kimbo... I just think he's trying to be something he's not- I say put back on 30lbs and go back to the body guard/ street fighting- Maybe even movies.

Here is a cool link to some kimbo highlights- He killed Ole Tank Abot (I thought that guy was retired lol): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gztJX_A4O0&feature=related

I hate Kimbo and am glad he lost. HE has no business in an octagon.

Nino_Nemasis ]

Mustangs right, he took those two front kicks and it looks like the 2nd one might have been high to the face or even is throat. I really cant believe a short right with no force put him down the way it did. But hey im not a ufc fighter ;D

I boxed for three years. You never know what punch will push someone's night-night button. If you watch alot of boxing, you'd be amazed at all the glancing ko's.

There is a slowed down video of this... When kimbo was coming in and the dude had his leg up... he threw a little but strong punch to the chin... and he went down hard... NO trip! then the dude just jumped on him and clean his clocks... I dont like kimbo either he trained for street fights (prob daily) and then he goes to amatuers and expects them to do good? a out of shape mexican... some tall afro puff kid that looked 16... an black dude in boxers half his size... I mean these arent PROFFESSINAL fights like MMA... he should go back to beating up people out on the streets...

He has only had a few fights right? I mean he has won most of them but I really dont give him credit for them... The one dude is old as hell (tank right?) the other dude was a good match that lasted to the end but the other dudes ear got fucked up and they called it (HIS EAR!)... and then he got choked out easy (which is where he shows that he needs alot of work)... and this one where he beat on in 13 sec... which you may argue a lucky punch but kimbo was pushing a little too hard a little too early IMO... should have tested him out and maybe he would have lasted the entire match... am i missing anymore fights?

To me it looked like he slipped into a elbow of a upper-cut. If i was there for the main event i would demand my money back. I think the Ref called it way to soon! I watched it to see Shamrock fight and he didnt fight because of a little cut above the eye. 10 years ago he would have still jumped in that ring even with a broken bone maybe he just to old now to fight now.

My wife & I have been to 3 fights in the past year and the main event seems to end the same way!

WillieWav ]

I watched it to see Shamrock fight and he didnt fight because of a little cut above the eye. 10 years ago he would have still jumped in that ring even with a broken bone maybe he just to old now to fight now.

It wasn't that he didn't want to fight, he was told that he was not allowed to fight. It was even talked about on the show in an interview with the Doctor and Ken Shamrock.