Another PS3 Problem ...

A clan mate posted this:

"my ps3 is not working, when I turn on the main power next to the power cord in the back the red light turns on in front like always but when I press the botton above the red light to turn it on it turns on for about a second and then beeps three times and turns off

my brother and i have no idea what is wrong with it so any help would be greatly appriciated"

Any ideas?

CDBS14 ]
Neo_Unit001 ]
CDBS14 ]

if you dont have the warranty they fix it for 80 bucks.

Your wrong on that one bro it costs 150$. I know that cuz thats what I payed it was day after the factory warranty.

lol they charged my cousin 80. you got robed. :-\ :-\

Mine was a 60gig original is your cuzns a 40gig either that or they gave him a discount because i'm not the only one I think they where gonna charge dub the same price.

CDBS14 ]

my cousins is a 60gb' date=' they told him 80 bucks since he got the system from a coke addict that sold it to him for 60 bucks. he is just waiting for the box to arrive so he can send it to sony.

[/quote']

Lol so its used basically they asked me if it was used I should have said yes oh well.

UCLaownz ]

if they have to send me a new ps3 will i be able to get my saved data back from the broken one?

Nope I lost 1000s of family pics that I was gonna transfer to a flash drive.They also told me they couldn't save the data on it so whatever your cuzn has or did cdbs its different because me and dub didn't get this lower price or them saving our data.

Just tell'em that its scratching your disc in a circular motion,then they will apologize and tell you to send it in and fix it for free.They will also tell you where to send your so called scratched disc for a new one.Dont worry about that part.