AL and NL 2008 MvP..

After scrolling thru everyones lineups here are my top candidates 7 for NL and 6 for AL. Does anyone think im crazy for putting K-rod in MVP contentions? Does anyone know who was the last relief pitcher to win a MVP? Ill post at the bottom so you can think about it.

NL

Ryan Howard

David Wright

Ryan Braun

Carlos Delgado

Albert Pujols

Aramis Ramirez

Outside looking

Ryan Ludwick

To me its out of Howard and Pujols

AL

Josh Hamilton

Kevin Youkilis

Dustin Pedroia

Carlos Quentin

Justin Morneau

Outside looking in

Francisco Rodriguez - Yes MVP I said it baby!

I'm going with Hamilton - what a come back story!

Answer- Dennis Eckersly (is that how u spell it?)

Yea I understand the viewpoint of "half a year" but lets remember that the award is MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. In my opinion that means the player who was the most valuable to his team and in that regard most valuable to his teams playoff drive. Which players absence would hurt his team the most. In my opinion without the acqusition of CC the Brewers do not make the playoffs. Yes you can make that arguement with Manny as well. There numbers, gameplay and sheer presence were more important to their respective clubs than any other player in the league.

Yes Pujols and Wright have great all encompassing numbers for a full 162 with their club but their teams didnt make the playoffs so I refuse to give an MVP award to a team that lost with or without them. And Howard benefits from a great lineup around him that probably still would have had a great playoff chance without him. Howard also hit for a very low average and a severe amount of strikeouts. To give an MVP award to that guy who only hits homers is ridiculous. Plus Howard would only get the award because of what he did in September just like Rollins last year (When Holliday should have gotten the award.) So Howard would get it for a months outstanding work instead of CC who lost out cause he only had 3 months outstanding work.

In regards to the CY Young award: Sabathia cant win that award because the Cy Young is very heavily weighed on "amount" of numbers. The true Cy Young award winner should be Johan Santana but hes about fourth on everybodies list because he only got 16 wins. What does that tell you?? The man who had the lowest ERA in the league, was probably the most impactful pitcher in the playoff races behind Sabathia, gave a great outing every time, didnt lose since June, has been put behind the names of Webb and Lincecum for the sheer fact that his BULLPEN blew SEVEN of his games.

Phillies dont pay howard to hit for average!

They pay him to hit the ball out of the park with that comes RBI's which he lead the majors in both! No one remembers what every player does the first few months. What ppl remember is how they end it. Howard makes everyone better in that lineup. They try to get top 3 out so they don't have to face Howard in the first inning with ppl on. Him in the lineup made Burrell a better player he saw better pitches specially if they walked him with 2 outs so they have to pitch to Burrell. With out Howard in sept. phillies never regain the division lead. He single handled carried the phillies to the playoffs. I mean in that case the dodgers would of never made the playoffs if it wasn't for manny!

So basically Howard shouldn't win it cause he was bless with a better lineup? Well flip it then Brewers have a better 1-2 punch in cc and sheets compared to hamels and hell we dont even have a number 2. I think your talk is crazy, but then again we all have our opinions

if were going best hitter Pujos! 357 avg. compared to 302

Pujos struck out only 54 times thats insane! Wright 118

Slugging % Pujos 653 Wright 533

Wright also had 102 more abats then Pujos.

RBI's wright had 8 more.

HR Pujos had 4 more!

on base % pujols 1.114(insane) wright 924

Man after looking at stats Pujos 100% over anyone in the NL should get it. Team in playoffs or not. This guy is a beast!

Hes a life time 344 hitter and base% 1.049

Jesus hes god!

Shadowboxin7 ]

Yea I understand the viewpoint of "half a year" but lets remember that the award is MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. In my opinion that means the player who was the most valuable to his team and in that regard most valuable to his teams playoff drive. Which players absence would hurt his team the most. In my opinion without the acqusition of CC the Brewers do not make the playoffs. Yes you can make that arguement with Manny as well. There numbers, gameplay and sheer presence were more important to their respective clubs than any other player in the league.

Hell yes.. The Dodgers wouldn't be anywhere near Post Season if it weren't for Manny.

PHILLYFAN ]

Jesus hes god!

Thats what i hear, but i didn't know he played Baseball too.!? wow maybe i should look into this thing called religion. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
Shadowboxin7 ]

Hell yes.. The Dodgers wouldn't be anywhere near Post Season if it weren't for Manny.

PHILLYFAN ]

Jesus hes god!

Thats what i hear, but i didn't know he played Baseball too.!? wow maybe i should look into this thing called religion. lol

maybe you should be complimenting me instead of mocking since I did redo YOUR WHOLE GAMELOBBY forum from fresh install to mods! LMAO love ya sexy

Phillies dont pay howard to hit for average!

They pay him to hit the ball out of the park with that comes RBI's which he lead the majors in both! No one remembers what every player does the first few months. What ppl remember is how they end it. Howard makes everyone better in that lineup. They try to get top 3 out so they don't have to face Howard in the first inning with ppl on. Him in the lineup made Burrell a better player he saw better pitches specially if they walked him with 2 outs so they have to pitch to Burrell. With out Howard in sept. phillies never regain the division lead. He single handled carried the phillies to the playoffs. I mean in that case the dodgers would of never made the playoffs if it wasn't for manny!

So basically Howard shouldn't win it cause he was bless with a better lineup? Well flip it then Brewers have a better 1-2 punch in cc and sheets compared to hamels and hell we dont even have a number 2. I think your talk is crazy, but then again we all have our opinions

If nobody remembers the first half of the season then why would people care that Sabathia wasnt in the NL in the first half. If its how they end it then how about 3 straight starts on three days rest to put them into the playoffs (when sheets went down)

Typically players with the better lineup dont get the Most Valuable Player because they dont hurt their lineup as much when theyre not in it as opposed to somebody who when you take him out the lineup is shit. Howard can be gone and the Phillies can still hit, Ramirez gone and the Dodgers are shit <----Definition of MVP

Also you cant compare lineups to pitching rotations. The number 2 in a pitching rotation has no affect on the number 1.

You can think I talk crazy but you just want your guy to win the MVP. If a guy who hit .251 and had 199 strikeouts get MVP just because he hit 48 homers in a stadium that is as big as my high school field then I will truly believe that the award is a joke. Especially when Sabathia had 17 games started with an 11-2 record, ERA of 1.65, like 7 complete games and basically dominated a league that he was new to. I think he hit a dinger as well and they dont pay him to hit homers lol

If nobody remembers the first half of the season then why would people care that Sabathia wasnt in the NL in the first half. If its how they end it then how about 3 straight starts on three days rest to put them into the playoffs (when sheets went down)

Typically players with the better lineup dont get the Most Valuable Player because they dont hurt their lineup as much when theyre not in it as opposed to somebody who when you take him out the lineup is shit. Howard can be gone and the Phillies can still hit, Ramirez gone and the Dodgers are shit <----Definition of MVP

Also you cant compare lineups to pitching rotations. The number 2 in a pitching rotation has no affect on the number 1.

You can think I talk crazy but you just want your guy to win the MVP. If a guy who hit .251 and had 199 strikeouts get MVP just because he hit 48 homers in a stadium that is as big as my high school field then I will truly believe that the award is a joke. Especially when Sabathia had 17 games started with an 11-2 record, ERA of 1.65, like 7 complete games and basically dominated a league that he was new to. I think he hit a dinger as well and they dont pay him to hit homers lol

There is a diff from ppl not remeber the first half then not playing the fist half in the NL. How come were not talking about how he was 6-8 the first half? Cause no one remebers! LOL

Then why has the last 2 MVP come from philly with that same lineup?

You do know he does play away games too right?

All new pitchers dominate the first year when they switch nl to al and vice versa!. Put joe shmo and switch him will dominate firs ttime around lol

CC not even on anyone tops 10 for finalist!

Also i said i think Pujols should win it after looking at his stats! he dominated the MLB!