second presidential debate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this last night in the political thread we have going on our clan site. My take on the debate:

Obama is going to ask American's to make sacrifices. But in only 3 years Obama has been responsible for $975 million dollars worth of earmarks. Including one to the hospital his wife worked for. Obama calls for doubling the size of the Peace Corps even though he has never volunteered himself. Obama's half brother lives in a shack in Kenya on a couple dollars a week and doesn't get a cent from Obama. I've said this before, "do as I say, not as I do" is the worst possible form of leadership. Yea, I'm going to sacrifice because Obama ask's me to?

While on earmarks, Obama said earmarks "only make up $18 BILLION dollars of the national budget". Was that suppossed to make me feel better? Someone want to do the math and tell me what $18 billion dollars would do for, according to the last census, 300 million American's?

Obama rightfully pointed out that McCain has a former Fannie Mae lobbyist on his campaign team. I wish it weren't so, but being a lobbyist isn't illegal, yet. But what Obama failed to mention and McCain for some reason didn't bring up, Obama's campaign has two former Fannie Mae CEO's on his campaign team. Including Franklin Raines who paid back $25 million dollars to avoid prosecution due to the way he ran Fannie Mae and is now one of the FINANCIAL ADVISORS for Obama.

Obama repeated his claim that those making more money should share more of it with those who don't. The truth is, they already do. The more money you make, the more taxes you pay. So Obama's idea of fair sharing is to change the tax bracket to take even more money from those who create jobs for others and give it mostly to people who don't have a job at all?

I owe my job to one of the "unpatriotic" American's, as Joe Biden put's it, who will be affected by Obama's tax proposals. But he's not unpatriotic, he's a retired Marine and a war veteran. He risked a lot of his own money to earn more money, and he's been successful. And according to Obama he should now be forced to share more than a fair share. Up to 50% if Obama get's his way. Why work for half pay? Why expand just to give it to the government? It's a loser tax concept that only provides incentives for an individual to rely on the government for their well being.

My take on the debate:

I thought there was no "knock out" punch by either, which McCain needed more then anything right now. I thought Obama looked and sounded more grounded in his answers. McCain looked angry even when he smiled. McCain did some weird things that left people starching their head like the interaction with Tom, the walking around when Obama was speaking to using the term "that one" when refering to Obama.

To some of your points Hog... I think Obama is pointing out that 18 Billion is nothing compared to 300 Billion that John wants to spend on tax cuts for the rich. Not one time in any of these dabtes has John said or mentioned "middle class". It's going to be hard to win an election when you can't even say the term of the poeple that will help you do that.

Franlin Raines was NOT, I repeat NOT a Obama advisor. This is a lie put out by the McCain camp. Read>>>

http://wire.factcheck.org/2008/09/24/obamas-connection-to-raines/

No matter who spins the tax thing, every reputable site and news source have proven that 95% of american will actually see a decrease on their taxes under Obama's plan. Check for yourself people...

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_debate_no_2.html

My take on the debate:

I thought there was no "knock out" punch by either, which McCain needed more then anything right now. I thought Obama looked and sounded more grounded in his answers. McCain looked angry even when he smiled. McCain did some weird things that left people starching their head like the interaction with Tom, the walking around when Obama was speaking to using the term "that one" when refering to Obama.

To some of your points Hog... I think Obama is pointing out that 18 Billion is nothing compared to 300 Billion that John wants to spend on tax cuts for the rich. Not one time in any of these dabtes has John said or mentioned "middle class". It's going to be hard to win an election when you can't even say the term of the poeple that will help you do that.

Franlin Raines was NOT, I repeat NOT a Obama advisor. This is a lie put out by the McCain camp. Read>>>

No matter who spins the tax thing, every reputable site and news source have proven that 95% of american will actually see a decrease on their taxes under Obama's plan. Check for yourself people...

Let me guess Jim Johnson had nothing to do with the Obama campaign too? Form Chairman of Fanie?

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/12/nation/na-johnson12

I am pretty sure Barack Obama attended The Bilderberg Conference too. Most NONE NATIONAL MEDIA papers say that he has been selected to be the next president already.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20080609&articleId=9270

MaluNYMets ]

My take on the debate:

I thought there was no "knock out" punch by either' date=' which McCain needed more then anything right now. I thought Obama looked and sounded more grounded in his answers. McCain looked angry even when he smiled. McCain did some weird things that left people starching their head like the interaction with Tom, the walking around when Obama was speaking to using the term "that one" when refering to Obama.

[/quote']

Let me guess Jim Johnson had nothing to do with the Obama campaign too? Form Chairman of Fanie?

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/12/nation/na-johnson12

I never said anything about him now did I? LOL The main point I guess should be made is NO one is clean here. McCain has a top advisor that was being paid by Fannie and Fredie up to just 2 months ago. HOw do you sling mud over to the other side when you, yourself aren't clean on this? LOL It's like a crack head suing over his crack dealer for not giving him the appropriate amount. ;)

I checked for myself, even hit your link there but it didn't say that 95% of Americans get tax cuts, probably because it wouldn't be factual. It is a matter of fact that only 59% of Americans actually PAY federal income taxes. So unless Mr Obama plans to increase taxes for 36% of Americans who do not pay taxes in order to then cut them, what he claims is simply spurious and deceptive.

Of course non of these proposals really even matter unless the guy who wins actually submits them to our congress for approval. Which brings me to another point. When Obama was running for Ill. State Legislature he promised tax cuts during his campaign too but when he got into office he didn't even write up a proposal for ANY tax cuts, another duplicity in Obamas past.

As for McCain, I think that if our current Congressional status remains (meaning the dems in control or having the most votes) I dint know how easy of a time he would have getting his proposals through without MAJOR alterations.

In all reality with the current $850 billion and counting bailout/rescue (look at it with whatever colored glasses you want) we aren't gonna see any sort of tax cuts for a long while, unless one of them plans a sweeping overhaul of the entire federal government top to bottom we simply cannot afford it........but when has that EVER stopped DC!?

News reports from a reputable news source to back my belief that Franklin Raines is in fact an Obama campaign advisor:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/15/AR2008071502827.html

In the four years since he stepped down as Fannie Mae's chief executive under the shadow of a $6.3 billion accounting scandal, Franklin D. Raines has been quietly constructing a new life for himself. He has shaved eight points off his golf handicap, taken a corner office in Steve Case's D.C. conglomeration of finance, entertainment and health-care companies and more recently, taken calls from Barack Obama's presidential campaign seeking his advice on mortgage and housing policy matters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/27/AR2008082703021.html

In the current crisis, their biggest backers have been Democrats such as Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher J. Dodd (Conn.) and House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (Mass.). Two members of Mr. Obama's political circle, James A. Johnson and Franklin D. Raines, are former chief executives of Fannie Mae.

MarauderHD ]

Did you all miss the Tax Allowances under McCain?

$5000 to help with Medical Insurance.

$7000 per child.

Those 2 things solve all of my problems. After I heard that McCain is my guy. I don't care what else he does.

damn dude 5000 bucks medical insurance, you do know that is nothing.

i feel obama is very misleading ...and whats with all these people economy this education that....with no security thier is no economy and is no schools.....

go johnny go.

and the repulicans arnt misleading??? who went into Iraq with false intel? that was bush and cheney's decision but McCain keeps backing that it was the right move when it wasn't Iraq should have been left alone it was Afganistan where the war was and still is. How about the American troops come over there and help the canadians who have been in there for a very long time instead of stealing the middle easts oil and saying that we are buying middle eastren oil come on we all know that is bullshit. You dont need to be trying to own the entire world to have security, and you dont need to give 700 billion dollars to corporations that don't deserve it. they said the bail out would help the economic situation did it?? no it did not the dow droped and so did the TSE. so really how can you say that McCain isnt misleading as well. I am a canadian and if I were able to vote I know that I would want to put Obama in power, McCain relies on saying all the time hey I am an EX POW and I was in the veitnam war and blah blah blah, so just because of that you are ok for the job of being president I mean what if he has a flashback right in the oval office or in a presidencial press confrence. (sorry that has nothing to do with anything but I hate John McCain).

CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]

$7000 per child.

Those 2 things solve all of my problems. After I heard that McCain is my guy. I don't care what else he does.

damn dude 5000 bucks medical insurance' date=' you do know that is nothing.

[/quote']

That completely covers your insurance. You must not pay for you insurance....Ask you Mommy.

MarauderHD ]
CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]

$7000 per child.

[/quote']

That completely covers your insurance. You must not pay for you insurance....Ask you Mommy.

ahh where, lol. my parents pay around 12 to 14 thousand on insurance, you must remember also 5000 dollars in medical exams is nothing, an MRI for example cosyts around 1200 dollars and thats just an MRI now a more complicated test such as PET or EEG is even hire, how do i know. 1. both my parents are doctors, my dad is a surgeons assistant right now(orthopedics/sports medicne) and my mom reviews insurance claims at a hospital checking for errors from the doctors that filed them. ni don think you can have better sources than those.

CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]
CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]

$7000 per child.

[/quote']

ahh where, lol. my parents pay around 12 to 14 thousand on insurance, you must remember also 5000 dollars in medical exams is nothing, an MRI for example cosyts around 1200 dollars and thats just an MRI now a more complicated test such as PET or EEG is even hire, how do i know. 1. both my parents are doctors, my dad is a surgeons assistant right now(orthopedics/sports medicne) and my mom reviews insurance claims at a hospital checking for errors from the doctors that filed them. ni don think you can have better sources than those.

Ass.

He is talking about PREMIUMS. Now, most of us don't have any fucking doctors insurance, but I feel my insurance is pretty good to me(so far). 5000 would pay my premiums for the year and help towards my deductible. Now that doesn't count my kid, oh but wait, I would get another 7000 for him, which would be plenty to cover his addition to my insurance.

That money goes a looong way in helping out.

IMO, most decent insurance policies are more than adequate. When they become inadequate is when assclown doctors make mistakes, or "miss" something and have to operate again, and FUCKING CHARGE YOU FOR IT AGAIN!!!

BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]
CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]

$7000 per child.

[/quote']

Ass.

He is talking about PREMIUMS. Now, most of us don't have any fucking doctors insurance, but I feel my insurance is pretty good to me(so far). 5000 would pay my premiums for the year and help towards my deductible. Now that doesn't count my kid, oh but wait, I would get another 7000 for him, which would be plenty to cover his addition to my insurance.

IMO, most decent insurance policies are more than adequate. When they become inadequate is when assclown doctors make mistakes, or "miss" something and have to operate again, and FUCKING CHARGE YOU FOR IT AGAIN!!!

lol, that is what my does she makes sure doctors dont do that.

CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]
CDBS14 ]
MarauderHD ]

$7000 per child.

[/quote']

Ass.

lol, that is what my does she makes sure doctors dont do that.

when it comes down to it I wouldn't believe one fuckin work coming out of a politicians mouth they will say what ever to get a vote so if you think McCain will do that with health insurance I doubt it. he is trying to get the middle class vote.

Who first? LOL

Hog, you are basing this whole premise off an April story in The Washington Post that said Raines has "taken calls from Barack Obama's presidential campaign seeking his advice on mortgage and housing policy matters." Reporter Anita Huslin says Raines told her that during an in-person interview. So you are basing your FACTS off of a person in the MSM? Haha! Hmmm... that's not like you. Can you confirm or cross check it like you do all your other things? You can't cause this WHOLE story is based off of one reporter. And lets just pretend it's true. How in the heck is "taken calls" equal advising his campaign pray-tell?!? This is once again nothing more then deflection IMO and means nothing EVEN if I believe it ever happen. ::)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/19/_the_ad_obama_has.html

Wu-Mrs.D.D., 95% of those who PAY taxes... meaning 95% of that 59% that make under 250K will not see an increase. This is not hard guys. They are only going back to the Clinton tax code... remember those days? Some of the most prospers days in our country.

And finally MarauderHD... no we didn't miss his health care proposal. Sounds good. But McCain failed to mention how existing employer-sponsored health benefits would be affected.

• Workers would be taxed on the value of any employer-paid health benefits, partially offsetting the $5,000 credit for those now covered by such plans.

• Experts say a tax credit plan like this would likely cause companies to reduce or eliminate health benefits for their employees.

Please read and know exactly what his proposal would do and what you would REALLY get... ;)

http://www.factcheck.org/mccains_5000_promise.html

Same goes for Obama. His plan introduces sanctions a minimums a company has to meet for their health insurance. If they don't then they get penalized. Same for parents without insurance for their kids. It is socialized health care. We will be paying for every bum and wellfare crook out there.

The question I have is "at what cost?". Where $7000 would be nice, and $5000 towards ins., How would that effect our already struggling economy? They issued an economic stimulus plan this year and still look at our economic situation. I have grown up in a Republican family, but I feel McCain is talking just like a Republican....using dollar figures to sway the American middle class votes. I will not be hazed over by the almighty dollar when it means it only will jeopardise my already struggling nations economy.

Red0ctobeR ]

Same goes for Obama. His plan introduces sanctions a minimums a company has to meet for their health insurance. If they don't then they get penalized. Same for parents without insurance for their kids. It is socialized health care. We will be paying for every bum and wellfare crook out there.

McCain misstated his own health care plan, saying he’d give a $5,000 tax credit to “every American†His plan actually would provide only $2,500 per individual, or $5,000 for couples and families. He also misstated Obama’s health care plan, claiming it would levy fines on “small businesses†that fail to provide health insurance. Actually, Obama’s plan exempts “small businesses.â€