Half-ton Mexican man dies after pleading for help

"If he had received support at the time he asked for it, he would still be with us," said his brother Pedro Garza.

::)

OR.....the fatass could have stopped fucking EATING.

I know Mexican food is good...Lord knows I love my good share of burritos and tacos.......but 990 lbs?

I made sure to read that article to make sure he didn't have some weird "couldn't-help-myself-because-it's-a-disease" type thing....but it wasn't. The guy was just sad and decided to eat UNTIL HE WAS 1,000 FIGGIN' POUNDS!

Gimme a break.

Just another guy out there who wants to blame others for the bullshit he put himself in.

>:(

Undertow ]

"If he had received support at the time he asked for it, he would still be with us," said his brother Pedro Garza.

I know Mexican food is good...Lord knows I love my good share of burritos and tacos.......but 990 lbs?

I made sure to read that article to make sure he didn't have some weird "couldn't-help-myself-because-it's-a-disease" type thing....but it wasn't. The guy was just sad and decided to eat UNTIL HE WAS 1,000 FIGGIN' POUNDS!

Gimme a break.

Just another guy out there who wants to blame others for the bullshit he put himself in.

harsh, i hope his ghost sits on you

Vengeance ]
Undertow ]

"If he had received support at the time he asked for it' date=' he would still be with us," said his brother Pedro Garza.

I made sure to read that article to make sure he didn't have some weird "couldn't-help-myself-because-it's-a-disease" type thing....but it wasn't. The guy was just [i']sad[/i] and decided to eat UNTIL HE WAS 1,000 FIGGIN' POUNDS!

Gimme a break.

I stand by what I said.

There's fit.....and it's acceptable.

There's overweight....and it's acceptable.

Then there's 1,000 pounds of what-were-you-thinking that is just completely UNACCEPTABLE.

And to top it off....they want to blame someone ELSE for it.

Gimme a break.

Undertow ]
Vengeance ]
Undertow ]

"If he had received support at the time he asked for it' date=' he would still be with us," said his brother Pedro Garza.

I made sure to read that article to make sure he didn't have some weird "couldn't-help-myself-because-it's-a-disease" type thing....but it wasn't. The guy was just [i']sad[/i] and decided to eat UNTIL HE WAS 1,000 FIGGIN' POUNDS!

Gimme a break.

I stand by what I said.

Then there's 1,000 pounds of what-were-you-thinking that is just completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Gimme a break.

Help those who help themselves first. Screw caring about someone when they don't give 2 shits about themselves, the strong survive.

I just hope that man didn't have any children and passed on those kinds of genes to his children, there's a reason for evolution, so those like him don't breed waste into the human genome.

Deutscher75 ]
Undertow ]
Vengeance ]
Undertow ]

Gimme a break.

I stand by what I said.

Gimme a break.

Help those who help themselves first. Screw caring about someone when they don't give 2 shits about themselves, the strong survive.

I just hope that man didn't have any children and passed on those kinds of genes to his children, there's a reason for evolution, so those like him don't breed waste into the human genome.

Im still waiting D Man LOL

Undertow ]
Vengeance ]
Undertow ]

Gimme a break.

I stand by what I said.

Gimme a break.

I agree.

they shouldn't blame the official they should blame themselves for not helping him overcome his depression and letting him get that overweight or just simply blame him for being so stupid or careless.

i mean 990lb???

he must have look at the mirror at sometime during those month and realize that he wa getting damn huge>> but he kept on eating.

he must have started having back, leg and god knows what problems>>> he kept on eating.

he spent 4 month on bed!!!!!>>>> he kept on eating.

Doctors must have come in to let him know that his condition was not healthy and that it could become critical at some point>> he kept on eating.

so who's to blame?

the thing is that it shouldn't have come to the point where he needed medical support,all that could have been avoided

Undertow ]

Gimme a break.

thats the common reaction to his condition, stop eating, the thing is it says he was depressed before, and certain type sof clinical depression arent thing you just dont snap out of. Now if he had no depression and was that big, then yes most of the blame goes to him.

I think you guys are looking at this wrong man. Everyone handles things differently! I mean seriously both of his parents died in a 2 week span. I can't imagine losing one of my parents let alone both in that span. So cause someone ask for help later then sooner we should turn our backs and dawg someone. I think it's ignorent and cruel. If that was one of our kids laying there I damn well know it be a different story.

Sad story thats all!

PHILLYFAN ]

I think you guys are looking at this wrong man. Everyone handles things differently! I mean seriously both of his parents died in a 2 week span. I can't imagine losing one of my parents let alone both in that span. So cause someone ask for help later then sooner we should turn our backs and dawg someone. I think it's ignorent and cruel. If that was one of our kids laying there I damn well know it be a different story.

Sad story thats all!

this guy must have been going through the worst time in his life and food was probably his only way out. Like his state of depression must have been to the point of suicide.

People handle things differently. I recently lost my dad and not once have I thought of food to turn to for comfort. However, I don't think anyone in their right state of mind could have seen themselves balloon to that kind of weight without having the will to stop eating at some point. Something psychological must have been going on in that guy's head that wasn't right and those things aren't easy to fix.

If anything though, they spoke about another guy who lived in the same city that died in the same way he did. That right there, would have been a wake up call for me, if I was in his position!

Saleos_Prime ]

What a bunch of dicks. ::)

The fat guy wasn't the one bitching. It was his family that was putting the blame on others. The brother is the one that you should be making fun of.

Thank you!

Also

If anything though, they spoke about another guy who lived in the same city that died in the same way he did. That right there, would have been a wake up call for me, if I was in his position!

Your right! however if i read it right he heard of him that friday before he died. So maybe alittle to late i guess

PHILLYFAN ]

Sad story thats all!

If it was one of our kids, you better believe we'd be outside walking every damn day.!! (for starters)

I know some of our reply's sound mean, but honestly wouldn't you rather have your feelings hurt than be in that position.

I think its easy for us to point the finger here. None of us have ever been in a situation like that. That guy weighed about 790lbs more than me. I couldn't imagine weighing that much nor could any of us, because he is so different we find it easy to laugh. I just think its really sad. I blame his family for not helping him sooner. You better believe if my friends, Mom, Dad or sisters got on a path that destructive I would've stepped in. Sometimes its hard for us to notice whats happening to ourselves. We need our loved ones to step in. Friends don't let friends eat doughnuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

You better believe if my friends, Mom, Dad or sisters got on a path that destructive I would've stepped in. Sometimes its hard for us to notice whats happening to ourselves. We need our loved ones to step in. Friends don't let friends eat doughnuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

exactly!

if i heard right you can even force them to a psychiatrist by law or something. not entirely sure though.

PHILLYFAN ]

Sad story thats all!

This isn't aimed at you directly philly, so don't take it as such, it is the subject matter.

Fuck that. I have been in and around psyche wards alot, and I know that there are some psychological conditions that need to be treated in some folks. However, I believe that a HUGE, +90%, of cases of depression/mental illness is nothing more than a lazy, weak, uncaring individual, and not an actual medical condition.

GO here: http://www.depression.com/

Whenever life and the world start kicking my ass, I exhibit every one of those symptoms, sometimes. Every one of you does. I'm talking about when work is kicking your ass with shit going wrong , the kids are fighting everything, your brother needs help, your parent(s) pass on, a best friend dies horribly, taxes going up, gas prices rising, ignorant fucks invading your space, and everything would just be better if you gave up or killed something. you know this feeling--

But you know what? I get my ass up the next morning and I pick my head up, blow myself a kiss in the mirror and I go about doing what needs to be done. I handle my responsibilities as I should. I don't kill myself by shotgun, or eating and leave all my shit for my relatives. I don't go on a fucking killing spree because mommy didn't coddle me enough, or too much. Every one of you do the same thing. You don't go piss and moan to everyone your problems are bigger than others until they give you pills. You live LIFE. The shitty parts right along with the ecstatic ones.

I really think this is a huge problem in society today. It gives people a stupid out for shit. "Oh, it's not my fault, I was crazy". "Oh he killed himself because he was depressed." "He couldn't take people picking on him and just started shooting" Very few people in our society take responsibility for themselves. It's not surprising since the majority of our leaders and "rolemodels" do it everyday.

Whoever said, prolly D, survival of the fittest is 100% right. I'm sorry if that sounds like a cocksucker thing to say, but it's the way it is. The earth is over populated anyways, so who cares about one less guy that couldn't cope with life. There really are people that need help out there, and they don't get it, because the crybabies have made everyone indifferent to mental illness.

Nacku out............

I agree with ya to a certain degree man, however there are really some sic ppl out there. If everyone was the same this world would be boring.

I mean there is a line for everyone and once u past the line into danger zone ppl shut down. I mean its more if ppl have a supporting cast, but if your in this world and have no one to turn too its a sucking feeling!

I really do believe if being picked on in school for years can cause a kid to do a combine shooting. I just don't understand why ppl have to pick on each other. It's sad man

PHILLYFAN ]

I agree with ya to a certain degree man, however there are really some sic ppl out there. If everyone was the same this world would be boring.

I mean there is a line for everyone and once u past the line into danger zone ppl shut down. I mean its more if ppl have a supporting cast, but if your in this world and have no one to turn too its a sucking feeling!

I really do believe if being picked on in school for years can cause a kid to do a combine shooting. I just don't understand why ppl have to pick on each other. It's sad man

If that was the truth, Humans never would have made it out this far man. According to that line of reasoning, I am Superman, what with all the hardships I've endured in my life. Especially, the troubles with other kids in school! I'm no such thing.

I just read this... To me its just like drinking too much, smoking too much ANYTHING too much... I just dont have buy into the idea folks "have no control over what they do"- Sorry I just dont. In my day I have smoked, drank, dropped and I always made the decision to do so (even when I knew it might not be such a good idea). IMO This guy made a decision to eat too much and it killed him. Just like someone that drinks too much. IMO its not a "disease" its called a crutch for reality... If you feel like you shouldn't do something, that does not mean you will stop... Its only if YOU WANT to stop that you will.

Now if the guy said- "OK I am going to stop eating so much and am controlling what I eat (and he actually did it), However I need some medical help cause my health is at risk while I do this"

Then great! help the guy out. I would always lend a hand to a man that needed some assistance... But unless I am raising a son I can not help someone be a man.