hdtv help...?!

i got a new hdtv and i already hooked up my ps3 to it cause it was all simple cause theres only like 3 colored wire things. but xbox has those extra 1s (green, blue, red) so i thought you could just plug them in cause its color coded. but when i did, i got the picture to work but no sound. and i think i did another way where i got sound but no picture...? anyways i need help! cause i dont know what im doing and i dont know anything about hd stuff :'( :-\

That sounds like Component Wires to me, It should consist of 5. I had the same problem at 1st. You should Red-Green-Blue. Those are for video, which will be color coded, what you have to do is find out exactly what input that is on, the way i did it was to hook those up then switch to whatever channel the video came on, then, On the back of the TV where you have the r-g-b wires plugged in, There should be white and red inputs as well, you want to put the white/red wires from your compenent cable into the corresponding audio input from the channel the video showed up on.. Ie Video 3.. The audio inputs for your component video might be in a different spot.. They are on My TV.

How did you hook up the PS3.?

HDMI - 1 plug

or

Component - 5 plugs (3 Video - Red, Blue, Green, 2 Audio - Red & White)

or

S-Video - 3 plugs (1 Video - Black, 2 Audio - Red & White)

or

Video - 3 Plugs (1 Video - Yellow, 2 Audio - Red & White)

Those are also in order of quality, so if you have an HDMI option, use it otherwise use the Component. (Only HDMI, & Component are in HD)

The yellow one is the worst quality picture you can get. lol

You do have HD TV correct..?

Find out what your TV is capable of, & get the right equipment for it.!

It makes a hell of a difference. Unless you dont have an HD TV, then dont bother.. (Flat screen doesn't mean HD. ;D)

Chili-Palmer ]

HD TV

1. BEST connection - HDMI - 1 plug

2. Next best - Component - 5 plugs (3 Video - Red, Blue, Green, 2 Audio - Red & White)

NON HD

3. Better NON HD - S-Video - 3 plugs (1 Video - Black, 2 Audio - Red & White)

4. Worst quality NON HD - Video - 3 Plugs (1 Video - Yellow, 2 Audio - Red & White)