The thinking behind women in sigs

***This poll in no way will alter the stance that UF maintains here on its public forums. This is merely a discussion of psychology***

Sigs can mean many things to many players.

Sigs can represent their online persona or their clan.

Sigs can represent their favorite sports team or video game.

Sigs can represent, simply, what they like.

There is a majority number of male players out there that use "badass" images to represent themselves on forums. Then there seems to be a minority, though solid, of male players that like to use scantily-clad females in their sigs to represent them. Surely, they are putting it out there as titillation and not so much because they secretly wish to be a hot babe, but then at the core of the discussion, they are looking at the sig not as a representation of their online persona, but instead, simply as a billboard of their...interests.

How typical is it for a male player to pick the FEMALE avatar in a video game instead of the male counterpart to represent his actions in a game? Do males typically play the male warrior to represent themselves, or do they pick the barely-clad female to represent themselves to simply look at all or angles (or....for other reasons)?

How often do female gamers throw sweaty, buff male models in their sigs instead of a female representation of themselves?

MANY view the purpose of a sig as a visual representation of the meaning or embodiment of their online namesake.

Is this the "normal" view, per se, or just one equal view of many others?

Which do YOU typically choose, and why?

I personally like a sig to represent who I am, AND my screen name as well. Because I am Native American, I choose something that represents me, and my name Sequoyah, represents a figure in the Native American community.

As far as interests, I leave that for my "friends" to figure out. :-\

Well, in my case, the name BIGDANIEL doesn't exactly allow for instant mental pictures that can be communicated in a sig. Much like Undertow, JoeFriday, Vengance, Cow, etc. I've chosen to go with a sig that's indicative of my likes and not some "BIG" guy named Daniel. My country and beautiful women to be precise.

Of course from a truly psychological point of view I guess it could carry underlying feelings of my mom and the effects women in general have had on my life. Maybe I've been made to feel at a subconscious level that they are nothing more than beauty and body and should be displayed as such.

No. I just like to look at hot chicks and the greatest flag to ever fly on God's green earth. B)

lol actually i have a quite a few diff siggs, and not all of them are with a woman on there. i made mine after seeing BIGDANIEL's sig and i thought i was a great looking sig, so i kinda copied his. its not as awesome but hell i tried lol ;D (((thanx for the inspiration btw BigDan ;D ;D))) but like he also said sometimes its hard to come up with something to match the name. in my case i dont know of anything that could really match my name luchesco. plus i got tired of having soldiers and comic book heros, as well as monsters in my sigs so i thought it was time for a change :P and yea i also think its easier on the eyes lol

luchesco ]

i made mine after seeing BIGDANIEL's sig and i thought i was a great looking sig, so i kinda copied his. its not as awesome but hell i tried lol ;D (((thanx for the inspiration btw BigDan ;D ;D)))...and yea i also think its easier on the eyes lol

I try to be an inspiration every day I'm allowed to walk this earth.

And your sig is very easy on the eyes. Thank you for looking out for our eyes. Its much appreciated. ;)

I'm not even going there with what, as a woman, the provocative females in a man's sig says to me. Don't wanna p*ss anyone off.

As for sigs in general, whether it is representational of a name or interest, doesn't really matter, as long as the person sporting it likes it. Sigs that are not "obvious" are cool. I like the complexity in that.

I love females simple as that.

My sig doesn't represent me it lets people know my name and what I like sure but it doesn't show my ideals or what I stand for. What a sig is to me is a artistic way of displaying your name, be it a beautiful girl or beasty monster in it, its just a name tag.

I see big Ds and luchescos sigs now I wonder how was mine more edgy then those? I mean mine doesn't show her ass or any parts.

Also hippie so when a girl has a pick of a guy shirtless is that any different? (I have seen girls with sigs like that not saying you)

HippieChik ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

Also hippie so when a girl has a pick of a guy shirtless is that any different? (I have seen girls with sigs like that not saying you)

To each his (or her) own. I guess I prefer a little more "depth". But hey, that's just me.

I was more or less addressing this.

I'm not even going there with what, as a woman, the provocative females in a man's sig says to me. Don't wanna p*ss anyone off.

What do you think it says to us if a female has a man in the same light. I mean if we as men don't feel like it's disrespectful by someone having a guy with abs and in boxers or whatever then you as a women shouldn't feel disrespected a buy me having a pretty woman in swimsuit(I'm referring to mine the one that started this whole thing).

SEQUOYAH ]

I personally like a sig to represent who I am, AND my screen name as well. Because I am Native American, I choose something that represents me, and my name Sequoyah, represents a figure in the Native American community.

As far as interests, I leave that for my "friends" to figure out. :-\

LIAR!!! He uses that name because he has a Toyota Sequoyah!! It has 4 flat tires, broken windshield and no radio!

He also is NOT an Indians fan!! He is actually a closet Cowboys fan and Pirates fan!

LOL ;)

Back to the topic..

As far as hot women I would agree with an earlier post that the women that are chosen have characteristics that the person likes.

Me personally would want something that I like, certain cars, cartoon characters and so on. I usually don't have a woman only because of my family. I don't want them to think that I am some perverted child. I am only suppose to know that.