IN YOUR OPINION - who was the...

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

...most influential man or woman in history?

i would have to say Adolph Hitler. i have studied this man endlessly, and i do dot believe that any one person has influenced an entire country, even the world, as strongly as he did. i am not saying that i agree with him, or anything he did, but to this day germany is still under his grasp, although it is to totally hide what he did, instead of celebrating it. other countries still hunt for war criminals who were under his command, and i do not think that anybody has ever led with the authority that he did, right or wrong.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough one when you say "the most"... LOL I do agree with your post. Here would be mine.

Man: Mahatma Gandhi

He was the pioneer of Satyagraha—resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience, firmly founded upon ahimsa or total non-violence—which led India to independence and inspired movements for civil rights and freedom across the world.

Woman: Margaret Sanger

Her lifelong battle to make birth control legal and available to all those who want it, brought a new freedom to American women. What could be more important to women than giving them the legal right to reproductive control?

My favorite would be John Lennon though. I think he would have been really influential if he lived still today.

Jesus Christ, real or imagined, can be attributed to the decisions of governments and people for the last 1975 years. But his/our father God created the universe so he trumps him. You Happy there Pig?

For me though, Issac Newton. without him I could fly. If that BASTARD hadn't discovered gravity, being this fat wouldn't hurt so much. :P

Can we please exclude the whole "God" thing from this thread, we don't need to end up arguing over creationism versus evolutionism and who believes what. So keep your opinions and beliefs about God and Jesus to yourselves.

I would have to agree with it being Adolf Hitler, he re-wrote much of history right down to what Europeans are known as; making the change to "Indo-european" from "Aryan" because "Aryan" is now considered politically incorrect.

willywonka159 ]

Jesus Christ.

I think he was going for less obvious ones. ::) We can all agree that God is an influential dude. And then you give no explanation. The thread was who and WHY? LOL ;)

I didn't think Jesus Christ needed an explanation. I apologize. But thanks to Sgt.JoeFriday for a little elaboration.

And in no way am I trying to start a religious thread. The question was who I thought was the most influential man in history and my answer is Jesus. Let's just leave it at that.

You know.. the most influential man could EASILY be Rick Astley!

In all seriousness though.. despite his song being a joke to most of the world wide web, Rick Astley's song has in fact united a base of millions of internet users across the world. Millions upon millions of people vote in support of Rick Astley's song and even unite TOGETHER to get Astley's name out there. Recently, users have voted for Rick Astley as the best act ever for MTV European Awards.. to think that because of his one song, millions of people are getting a good laugh and working together to accomplish something.. he definitely has to be in the talks.

EVEN if it wasn't him that created the whole "Rick Roll" concept.. it is HIS song, HIS dancing that has influenced millions of people to start an international fad

Deutscher75 ]

mussolini. he's the one who inspired hitler..

proof? wroooooong!

he is actually correct. mussolini was the first person in europe to use a fascist type of goverment, mussolini used thugs early on his campaign to win over the factory and corporate bosses then he would hire the workers that were fired and put them under his army. Hitler did something similar with the SA except he got completely rid of the SA and allowed the SS to take over. SA were also know as brown shirts and were hitlers personal thugs in a sort of way.

So Hitlers fascist ideas and form of goverment very much resemble what mussolini did in Italy.

Most influential Man I would agree Hitler is the right choice. As much as I despise him I can't help but be amazed at his power of persuasion.

I would also like to nominate Vlad the Impaler. Think about it, during his life he managed to kill somewhere in the neighborhood of 80,000 people. He also fended off the Turkish invasion saving Europe.

Not to mention possibly his biggest feat, he was the inspiration for Bram Strokers Dracula and everyone knows Dracula.

CDBS14 ]
Deutscher75 ]

proof? wroooooong!

he is actually correct. mussolini was the first person in europe to use a fascist type of goverment' date=' mussolini used thugs early on his campaign to win over the factory and corporate bosses then he would hire the workers that were fired and put them under his army. Hitler did something similar with the SA except he got completely rid of the SA and allowed the SS to take over. SA were also know as brown shirts and were hitlers personal thugs in a sort of way.

So Hitlers fascist ideas and form of goverment very much resemble what mussolini did in Italy.

[/quote']

lol sorry that was sarcasm not me actually saying he was wrong, I should of used a smiley or something to make it laughable.

Getting rid of the SA was the worst thing he could do, as his thugs they acted as a bodyguard that was so important because they protected him from all the extroverts that came into his life afterward that eventually turned him insane and set his mind evil.

Deutscher75 ]
CDBS14 ]
Deutscher75 ]

proof? wroooooong!

he is actually correct. mussolini was the first person in europe to use a fascist type of goverment' date=' mussolini used thugs early on his campaign to win over the factory and corporate bosses then he would hire the workers that were fired and put them under his army. Hitler did something similar with the SA except he got completely rid of the SA and allowed the SS to take over. SA were also know as brown shirts and were hitlers personal thugs in a sort of way.

[/quote']

lol sorry that was sarcasm not me actually saying he was wrong, I should of used a smiley or something to make it laughable.

Getting rid of the SA was the worst thing he could do, as his thugs they acted as a bodyguard that was so important because they protected him from all the extroverts that came into his life afterward that eventually turned him insane and set his mind evil.

indeed. As a matter of fact hitlers personal physician gave him a ton of drugs daily. Hitler saw this doctor as a higher person than Himmler himself, there is also the video footage that he was suffering from an early stage of parkinson. When Hitler got rid of the SA he made the SS his guard. Reason as to why he got rid of SA, the leader of a nation cant be seen as man that hires drunken thugs to take what he wants and so he got rid of them.